And you think it takes forever to get in Davis Wade now

Alabama will implement walk-through metal detectors at all gates of Bryant-Denny Stadium on game days this fall. Previously, SEC commish Greg Sankey said by 2020 all SEC events will have metal detectors in place

Per Brett McMurphy

Boo Dan | Boudin Yes | No

Watching from home

is getting better and better. Hate to admit it and I get that safety first....but damn.

It actually hasn't been bad at basketball games the past couple of years.

Cue MSU making like the TSA and doing Precheck for only $100 per year per ticketholder. **

Yeah they've been doing at basketball for a while and they are pretty quick with it. It's never been an issue

I've gone through metal detectors for many sporting events and concerts. No big deal.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by randystewart View Post
    9,000 BB fans compared to 55,000+ FB fans?
    Ok, if u say so....

There's also more gates at a football stadium. And basketball people normally all go in right before game time while at football people go in at different times. They've also been doing it in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Maroon Eagle View Post
    Cue MSU making like the TSA and doing Precheck for only $100 per year per ticketholder. **
    I'd pay for it.

Twitter
    @fishwater99
    They have CLEAR at the Rockies game here. It's Coming !!!

https://www.clearme.com/home

Shouldn't add much to the time. Good thing my cowbell isn't metal...oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgnabit View Post
    There's also more gates at a football stadium. And basketball people normally all go in right before game time while at football people go in at different times. They've also been doing it in the NFL.
    I think the NFL has a few more resources to pull this off than we do. It takes a solid 30 minutes to get in the West side right now an hour prior to kickoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem For A Dawg View Post
    Alabama will implement walk-through metal detectors at all gates of Bryant-Denny Stadium on game days this fall. Previously, SEC commish Greg Sankey said by 2020 all SEC events will have metal detectors in place

Per Brett McMurphy

First steps in taking the cow bell back away. Don't trust them bastards at the SEC office.

This process works fine at NFL and MLB games. No reason why it canít work here. Personally, Iím glad they are doing it after that thread here several months ago when I learned people are bringing guns in the stadium.

3 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

This is no different than any concert or MLB game I've been to in the past 10 years. They are super quick at almost all events I've been to. I wouldn't be too concerned.

Can't wait for the MOOR Security infographic on twitter.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

I think the NFL has a few more resources to pull this off than we do. It takes a solid 30 minutes to get in the West side right now an hour prior to kickoff.
    You've clearly not seen the level of education they are working with with Superdome gate checkers for Saints games. Relax, it's not that big of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ronpolk View Post
    This process works fine at NFL and MLB games. No reason why it canít work here. Personally, Iím glad they are doing it after that thread here several months ago when I learned people are bringing guns in the stadium.
    But how am I supposed to save the day in a badass movie-shootout if Iím the only one with a gun? Wait... I gotta leave MINE at home too? We are all screwed!

Quote Originally Posted by HughJazz View Post
    Can't wait for the MOOR Security infographic on twitter.
    Moor patience?

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Dawg View Post
    Ok, if u say so....
    More gates are available for FB.

What gate are you entering? We go in the northwest end with students, and I canít remember it taking more than 5-10 minutes anytime over the last few years, since the expansion.

Unfortunately it's necessary these days.

CLEAR pro-tip...

Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    They have CLEAR at the Rockies game here. It's Coming !!!

https://www.clearme.com/home

I was recently flying out of Denver and did the CLEAR free trial to skip the line. The standard rate they charge after the 1-month trial is $179 a year. I got online when I got home and was going to cancel the membership so I wouldn't forget and get charged the $179. When I clicked "Cancel" a message popped up offering me a decreased rate of $99 per year if I'd stay. So I did.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Give this man your likes.

We usually go in as soon as the gates open, 2 hours before kickoff. The only wait we have is getting there early and having to stand in line, or occasionally when the ticket reader malfunctions. I can't imagine it taking 30 minutes to get in if things are functioning correctly. Waiting on the elevator is another matter ....

It'll go as fast as the crowd allows it.

If folks follow the instructions, it'll move just fine. The more "what do you mean I gotta take my cowbell out my waist line??" folks we have, the more painful it'll be on the rest of us.

I'll still go....

but I'll admit I'm beyond the point of willing to give back some safety for more convenience in this and a few other activities .

My kids will never understand how easy it was to fly commercial alone as a preteen in the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Dawg View Post
    Ok, if u say so....
    Yes...piss on safety at a football game!!!** Seriously though, the shape the world is today with lunatics surfacing at a record rate, I am glad that the universities are getting ahead of this. I have said the last couple of years that it is only a matter of time before we have a tragedy at a major sporting event. What's a few more minutes of your time to get peace of mind for you and your family.

Two words...plastic flasks

People who are going to attempt a mass shooting look for soft targets, areas with high population and little to no threat of being interrupted. I canít imagine a packed football stadium allowing a terrorist to cause much commotion. Very similar to air travel after 9/11, if a high jacker takes over a plane you fight back. You donít follow his commands. A shooter in a stadium would be taken out immediately. Possibly even before he got a shot off.

Quote Originally Posted by randystewart View Post
    Going into the sold-out women's bb game vs South Carolina, the clear purse/bag line was long and the no-bag line was short and quick. Both had metal detectors. Even the long line moved fast, though.

Dang it!! Now I have to take my uzi mounted x-wing fighter drone out of my pants before going in.***