Twitter
    @fishwater99

Finebaum and Pollack love them some Auuburn..

Both said that Auburn is much better than MSU.
    They specifically mentioned how much better Auburn was at QB, the OL and Defense.
    We will be playing for 3rd place in the SECW.
    Wow!!!

Boo Dan | Boudin Yes | No

Auburn is definitely going to be hell on the DL. I think you can go either way with Stidham and Fitzgerald. Auburn lost 4 starters on the OL. It's hard to recover from that, I don't care who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence Boddicker View Post
    Auburn is definitely going to be hell on the DL. I think you can go either way with Stidham and Fitzgerald. Auburn lost 4 starters on the OL. It's hard to recover from that, I don't care who you are.
    The reasoning was Auburn’s OL is more talented and higher crootin stars basically, and we lost rankin.

I agree with what you've said except for the QB's....Rigjt now I'd have to give the edge to Auburn just because Stidham seems to have a better touch on the ball. Especially on long passes - granted our offense didn't allow for many long pass plays under the previous coaching staff.

Finebaum is a facilitator

that knows people, but otherwise don't know shit. (Not that I value anyway.)

Pollack has an opinion. Many are ranking Auburn ahead of us. Gotta strap it on to know.
    Last edited by karlchilders; 07-18-2018 at 01:33 PM.
    Jack may be gone, but he is "EVER PRESENT"

I thought the whole Rankin loss was funny considering he really didn’t play to much last year.

It is a struggle to understand Paul because he is still mumbling due to Cam Newton's _____ being in his mouth.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

While I think we can beat Auburn this year, they’ve blown us out two years in a row, they won the West last year, and they return a good QB and a big chunk of a good defense. It makes perfect sense why they are getting higher praise than us.

Quote Originally Posted by Msubulldogfan1 View Post
    The reasoning was Auburn’s OL is more talented and higher crootin stars basically, and we lost rankin.
    That is probably true. I have heard that from other Auburn fans. To me, it means they will likely be playing best later in the year. Lucky for them, we are the only real decent team they'll see in the first 6 game, and it is the last game of that stretch.

That is probably true. I have heard that from other Auburn fans. To me, it means they will likely be playing best later in the year. Lucky for them, we are the only real decent team they'll see in the first 6 game, and it is the last game of that stretch.
    And their first true road game.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncflydawg View Post
    I thought the whole Rankin loss was funny considering he really didn’t play to much last year.
    He played more than you think. He was hurt against Auburn, and then came back and started the Alabama game. Now, that said, Eiland still played a good bit during Alabama, Arkansas, Ole Miss and Louisville, and of course started vs. BYU, Kentucky, Texas A&M and UMass. Great experience that will pay off for sure.

It's been a while since I posted a good, solid 17 Auburn. 17 Auburn.

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

First, I totally agree with them that you can't be crazy high on MSU with Moorehead having not coached a single game in the SEC. I'm not offended by that at all. But, I don't care how well you have recruited, losing all 4 starters on the o-line is devastating. And to say Stidham is so much better than Fitz is not giving enough credit to those departed OL guys. Let's add 2 or 3 more sacks a game and see how accurate Stidham is at the end of an SEC season. I understand them holding off on Moorehead but they are taking the Auburn love a little too far.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

If we are going to have the season I hope we can have, we must play better defense than we played last year. We can't give us long runs right up the middle like we did against Auburn, Georgia and Ole Miss. Also, we can't give up the long pass plays like we did many times last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Msubulldogfan1 View Post
    Interesting, I thought Auburn's biggest losses from graduation was along the OL. Didn't they lose at least 3 starters from last year's OL?

Quote Originally Posted by MSUDC11 View Post
    While I think we can beat Auburn this year, they’ve blown us out two years in a row, they won the West last year, and they return a good QB and a big chunk of a good defense. It makes perfect sense why they are getting higher praise than us.
    We beat them in 2014 and 2015, they beat us in 2016 and 2017. I think this is a toss up game but we’re pretty tough to beat in Davis Wade. My only concern with this game is that it comes the week after we play Florida. Emotions will be high in that game and my hope is that carries over into the Auburn game. Players today at media days downplayed the UF game and I think that’s the approach our entire team should take. Moorhead is a smart man and I don’t think he will let emotions get in the way of “just another sec game”. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by AssEndDawg View Post
    First, I totally agree with them that you can't be crazy high on MSU with Moorehead having not coached a single game in the SEC. I'm not offended by that at all. But, I don't care how well you have recruited, losing all 4 starters on the o-line is devastating. And to say Stidham is so much better than Fitz is not giving enough credit to those departed OL guys. Let's add 2 or 3 more sacks a game and see how accurate Stidham is at the end of an SEC season. I understand them holding off on Moorehead but they are taking the Auburn love a little too far.
    Stidham's effectiveness is nearly 100% tied to the line (as is most quarterbacks). Look no further than the Clemson game, they ate his lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Interesting, I thought Auburn's biggest losses from graduation was along the OL. Didn't they lose at least 3 starters from last year's OL?
    4 I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    They specifically mentioned how much better Auburn was at QB, the OL and Defense.
    Wow!!!
    I thought Dari asked the question: Should we be considering MSU as a serious threat to Auburn for 2nd place in the west?

They all answered that MSU's coachinig staff is unproven, that Auburn's recruiting over the years is still better than MSU's and that Stidham is better than Fitz and their DL is better than ours. Finally they said that MSU isnt ready to challenge Alabama yet as Auburn is. Which wasnt the question in the first place.

Should Auburn have the nod over us? Sure. Is there enough of a difference that they should count us as a win or people should expect Auburn to win clearly? Not with it being played at our home field and not with our talent.

It seems that many predictions and comments are based on "history says" and at the very least 'wait and see' because they just dont want to look bad later in this social media environment.

We have burned enough people as we did in 2014 falling on our face with Bama and Ole Miss that they are just many times bitten and many more times shy.

The gushing praise of Mullen was kind of funny too. I think they wanted to hear him act like he did in the beginning with us.

They are not 'much' better. They are just more stable with an experienced coaching staff and a good season in the recent rearview mirror.

They do like Joe Moorhead though and will jump on the bandwaggon after they see how he fares against LSU and Auburn.

Eiland > Rankin

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by RPOdawg View Post
    We beat them in 2014 and 2015, they beat us in 2016 and 2017. I think this is a toss up game but we’re pretty tough to beat in Davis Wade. My only concern with this game is that it comes the week after we play Florida. Emotions will be high in that game and my hope is that carries over into the Auburn game. Players today at media days downplayed the UF game and I think that’s the approach our entire team should take. Moorhead is a smart man and I don’t think he will let emotions get in the way of “just another sec game”. Time will tell.
    I think our players need to downplay the florida game. That would be a big thumbing their noses at Mullen.

It's a perception thing, and that's what I hate most this time of year. Sure, Auburn's DL is salty, but so is ours. In fact, I wouldn't trade ours straight up for theirs. There are only two reasons to say theirs is better than ours: 1- recruiting starzz and 2- they are mighty auburn and we are little ol' MSU. I say 17 that.

Stidham may be a better thrower, but Fitz is a much better runner and athlete, and his style better suits what we like to do offensively that Stidham's does to AU. Stidham doesn't have the running game that we have. Stidham doesn't have the offensive line that we have.

We're going to kick the shit out of Auburn. It's going to happen because we will roll into that game 5-0. It's going to happen because we will be coming off a thrashing of Florida. It's going to happen because we are better than them. I guaran-damn-tee you that is how our players and coaching staff are thinking right now, and that's what it takes to win in this conference. Our last coaching staff didn't think this way and it's why we rarely won big games.

Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    Wow!!!
    Auburn gets hyped every year, whether they deserve it or not. This is nothing new.