OT: First time dads

Well, my 5 month old son, wife, and myself are in our first battle with a bad ass stomach bug. Started with baby boy, then took me out, now it got my wife too. This shit ainít no joke, worst Iíve felt in years, including appendicitis 2 years ago.

What are some steps any of you dads have learned dealing with a sick young child without getting the rest of the fam sick?

17n Piece of Shit | Rob Skelton Yes | No

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak
    Honestly - it's pure luck if they don't get sick.
    I support the two most frustrating teams in America: The New Orleans Saints and The Mississippi State Bulldogs

Wash hands frequently, Wet wipe door handles and other items touched by hands. Youíd be shocked how rarely you get sick following these two steps.

My ol lady is a nurse, and since weíve been together, Iíve never even had a cold. Son got sick one time with RSV, and that was it.

5 months old you say... You haven't even dealt with ear infections yet... It will all pass by 2024 or so.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

SixPack's Official Farmer DesotoCountyDawg's Avatar
    Wash your hands all the time. Thatís about all you can do.

Pollute your body with as much Rye Whiskey as you can handle while still being able to function

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Do what I did. Go off to Boot Camp.
    You get more sleep that way.
    Last edited by Mutt the Hoople; 08-13-2018 at 01:21 PM.

Get your doctor to write a prescription for Zofran for the adults and the kids. If you're not throwing up all the time and not dealing with kid vomit, it's a lot easier to power through.

Remember those days. When the phenagren (sp) suppositories was next to the mustard in the refrigerator door.

Hang in there buddy, fastest 18 years of your life is ahead of you.

Quote Originally Posted by gasdawg View Post
    Well, my 5 month old son, wife, and myself are in our first battle with a bad ass stomach bug. Started with baby boy, then took me out, now it got my wife too. This shit ainít no joke, worst Iíve felt in years, including appendicitis 2 years ago.

What are some steps any of you dads have learned dealing with a sick young child without getting the rest of the fam sick?
    Send them to grandma at the first sign of trouble. Then you play with the babies mama

Self inoculation is the only way. Just rip that band-aid off now.

I’ve learned that if my son gets sick; I will eventually get whatever he has.

Lysol spray. Douse door handles, toilet handles, every surface touched or breathed on. Don't forget to change toothbrushes and wipe down cell phones, tablets, and remote controls.

I've been thinking about installing several of these around the house...

The new Purel spray is freaking awesome. It's about as good as Clorox cleanup spray for killing germs, but it won't bleach shit white and stink up the house like bleach.

With stomach virus, its hard to keep from others in the family getting it, due to the contamination. My son, 2 at the time, got it last year about this time. Within a couple of hours of him having it, I had it. Within a couple of hours after I got it, my wife got it. We had a 1 month old too. I quickly called my mother to come to our house and keep the baby from us. She kept her in another bedroom and only brought her out for feedings (breastfed). My wife and I had it terribly, both ran fever afterward and was still drained physically 24hrs later. My son on the other hand was better by the next day. One thing about the little ones, they get over sickness pretty quick. I guess all of the energy they have helps fight it off. Hang in there. Stomach bud is not a common occurrence. Just keep everything clean and sanitized. A good rule of thumb too is to strip down as soon as you get home and take shower and put on clean clothes. I work in education and my wife is a nurse. We are both in it all day ever day so we try to do this as a common practice when it gets the season.

Be on a business trip while it runs through the house.

The kind

Quote Originally Posted by UpTheMiddlex3Punt View Post
    Get your doctor to write a prescription for Zofran for the adults and the kids. If you're not throwing up all the time and not dealing with kid vomit, it's a lot easier to power through.
    you can rub on your wrists is great when you are throwing everything up. saved me a few years back.