Just checking on 57Strat...

Man accused of filling water cup with soda at fast food restaurant Tased, charged with robbery - Fox News

https://fxn.ws/2vFeWKD
    Last edited by engie; 08-12-2018 at 03:55 PM.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post
    17n Piece of Shit | Rob Skelton Yes | No

He didnít fill it up bro, he only added a splash so itís ok **

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Iím not at liberty to talk about it

6 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

Context?

Quote Originally Posted by turkish View Post
    Context?
    Gluten, Tebow, pre-Lemonis Lemons.

You're all up to speed now.

Quote Originally Posted by turkish View Post
    Context?
    http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/showt...highlight=soda

Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    Man accused of filling water cup with soda at fast food restaurant Tased, charged with robbery - Fox News
    Felony robbery for stealing soda in a water cup! Note .. DON'T mess around in Montana!
    Robbie Faulk .. To your point, I think MSU will have 49 scholarship players from Mississippi on next year's roster and Ole Miss will have 19. So much for 'Mississippi Made.'

Got off easy

Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    Felony robbery for stealing soda in a water cup! Note .. DON'T mess around in Montana!
    I imagine they've hung folks for less.

How is this felony robbery? The soda was a buck maybe with a true cost of a few cents to the business. I agree he is a low life, but a felon? For the law dawgs, wouldn't this fall under petty larceny?

Quote Originally Posted by HumpDawgy View Post
    How is this felony robbery? The soda was a buck maybe with a true cost of a few cents to the business. I agree he is a low life, but a felon? For the law dawgs, wouldn't this fall under petty larceny?
    Law is much harsher on "robberty" versus "theft/larceny". Robbery typically includes some requirement that violence was used or was threatened. Him trying to kick the employee probably at least arguably satisfied the requirement, although with it coming after he had already left he might have an out. Same thing with "burglary". You enter an occupied dwelling, and you are pretty much going to have committed a felony if you are intending to do anything illegal besides the breaking and entering.

It's ridiculous to charge $2.50 for a coke at a restaurant when you can buy a 12 pack of can cokes for $3, a 6 pack of bottled cokes for $3, and a 2 Liter for $1.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Trying to get free soda wasn't the felony ... it was the ensuing tussle that really got him in hot water.

That's true but the drinks are a big money maker for any restaurant. Why charge $3 for a glass of iced tea that probably cost about ten cents to make? They've got to make a profit somehow to stay in business.

Up until this year, I believe Davis Wade charged $5 for bottled water that they probalby bought at Costco in a case of 24 for about a dollar, for the entire case.

If you don't want to pay $2.50 for a coke, drink water or get your order to go and buy a coke at the convenience store.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

I agree that the drink prices are getting totally out of hand. To the point I've considered stopping ordering them as well. That said, they are preying on laziness, and thusfar they've still got me caught up in it. Seems like there's a real marketing opportunity for these chains to go reasonable on the drinks/sides. Probably why my customer satisfaction is infinitely higher at CookOut/Steak&Shake compared to most of the fast food places that end up costing me $10 rather than $6.

Sometimes I order a coke, but a lot of times I order water. It's good with those koolaid/lemonade packets.
    Last edited by MissState1; 08-13-2018 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MissState1 View Post
    It's ridiculous to charge $2.50 for a coke at a restaurant when you can buy a 12 pack of can cokes for $3, a 6 pack of bottled cokes for $3, and a 2 Liter for $1.
    Why charge $1 when someone under your roof is willing to pay $2.50? That's not ridiculous, that's being a competent businessman.

Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    I agree that the drink prices are getting totally out of hand. To the point I've considered stopping ordering them as well. That said, they are preying on laziness, and thusfar they've still got me caught up in it. Seems like there's a real marketing opportunity for these chains to go reasonable on the drinks/sides. Probably why my customer satisfaction is infinitely higher at CookOut/Steak&Shake compared to most of the fast food places that end up costing me $10 rather than $6.
    Yea, I really don't get why that works. I pretty much never get non-alcoholic drinks at restaurants anymore b/c I don't get why they are trying to cram ridiculous profit margins into one category. I guess it makes sure that people don't sit around taking up a table sipping on drinks? But a lot of restaurants do the ridiculous $3 drink and then have free refills, so that doesn't even make sense.

But I'm obviously in the minority because most restaurants seem to do it, so most people must suck it up and pay. I can remember doing pizza hut buffet in college and the buffet would be like $5 one day a week, can't remember which, but the drinks worked out to like $3.27 after tax. Never understood why my friends that were cost conscious enough to care about a $5 buffet would then drop that much money on a drink.

At that time, you could still get a Stromboli's pizza for $5 even and pretty much a large pizza anywhere for less than $8 if you looked for the right coupon, and mostly they weren't eating a large pizza worth at the buffet.

Quote Originally Posted by MissState1 View Post
    Sometimes I order a coke, but a lot of times I order water. It's good with those koolaid/lemonade packets.
    Iíve done this a few times, and have wondered if that was taboo and a social no no.

Quote Originally Posted by cowbell88 View Post
    I’ve done this a few times, and have wondered if that was taboo and a social no no.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post