Got a question about ads

What/who determines the ads that are shown below? I'd rather see OM season ticket ads than what I just saw. Damn!

17n Piece of Shit | Rob Skelton Yes | No

Your internet history

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by notoriousD_O_G View Post
    Your internet history
    Partially true.

The content of the pages you read has something to do with it too. So, for instance, if there are several UM threads on going and you scroll through each one, you might start seeing Shark football ads.

Quote Originally Posted by tired View Post
    What/who determines the ads that are shown below? I'd rather see OM season ticket ads than what I just saw. Damn!
    Ditto. And nothing on my internet history has anything related to one I saw last week.

Google tracks everything you do. If you have a Google account, go into your account. Under Personal info & privacy is a tab call "Manage your Google activity". Go to "My Activity". In Google, this is where most of the targeted advertising comes from. I occasionally get in there and wipe all my history. It is kinda creepy how much they know.

Sounds like a few people have been searching prostate massagers.

You can just turn all of that OFF. You're still going to get ads, just because, but at least they get less info. If anybody tries to compiles profile on me it will be confusing to say the least. I never give out correct profile info. One site I'll say I'm female the next male. I've got more birthdays than anybody alive. My age ranges from 12 to 90. My household income ranges from unemployed to <$10,000. I've got 12 kids, or .maybe none.
    The poster formerly known as: dawgebag

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak
    What was it?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeLee'sSocks View Post
    Sounds like a few people have been searching prostate massagers.
    That would explain the Ole Miss ads

Quote Originally Posted by MarkDallas View Post
    Partially true.

The content of the pages you read has something to do with it too. So, for instance, if there are several UM threads on going and you scroll through each one, you might start seeing Shark football ads.
    Maybe the IMPP threads explain my ads. Lots of ads for mature dating sites and I have no clue what in my browsing history would suggest that. Maybe between the IMPP and because I read a lot of stuff with a libertarian bent, that profiles as someone who has trouble getting dates and probably needs to stick to desperate older ladies?

It all depends on what gender you identify as. What your pronoun is. **