Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    He actually bitched in his final season, that the defense did not score enough touch downs.
    Jack may be gone, but he is "EVER PRESENT"

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    General Stark | Colonel Sanders Yes | No

J-short is that you?

Classic troll job.
    Bye Felicia.

It feels so wrong voting down Zatarains, but it had to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by rebsgoingdown View Post
    I just don't understand why I can't come to this MSU board and talk MSU sports without there always being someone hating on Croom. We are better than that. Talk about how good Moorhead is doing, talk about our players and how they are succeeding...but 10 years later many are still beating the dead horse of how horrible Croom was.
    Like I said, in our history, he certainly doesn't have the market cornered on poor coaching.
    Be quiet Mrs. Croom, you're embarrasing yourself.

Twitter
    @clayvaughn33
    If it wasn't Woody's offense, then who was that up in the press box calling himself the offensive coordinator up there calling plays? Croom was lauded and marketed as a guru of the "West Coast System", but McCorvey was his offensive coordinator, making it his offense, at least in the eyes of public perception. Croom MAY could have POSSIBLY got himself another year by sending McCorvey packing and getting even a hint of a legit OC, but his refusal to do that, along with minor details like a .250 conference win percentage got him fired.
    I've polished a seat in every SEC football stadium with my butt.

#MuckFullen

Why, because he is black?
    Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The poster formerly known as: dawgebag

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

I tried to talk to him at an Alumni golf tournament one time. Not bug him, just shake his hand and introduce myself. He was a total asshole and complete snob. 17 that loser.

He put way too many miles on his golf cart. We couldn't afford that.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

I signed in just to downvote this

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak
    Congrats to Larry Templeton on becoming black
    I support the two most frustrating teams in America: The New Orleans Saints and The Mississippi State Bulldogs

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Did you watch the Croom special on SEC Network? Even that entire show talked down to MSU and glorified Alabama. We need leaders that pump MSU. Almost every segment of that show describes why I did not like him as a coach.

"I still never will understand the Croom hate on here."

On a hate scale from zero to Scott Stricklin, Croom barely moves the needle.

If you have hate in your heart, let it out.
    Hail State, Braves, Panthers, Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by BigMotherTucker View Post
    E) Did I mention he was an awful coach? What he allowed to happen to Mike Henig against LSU was ghastly. Receivers can't get open? QB can't thow the ball? Chuck that bitch! 4 ints later and I think Henig was crying on the sidelines.
    6. 6 interceptions. God help us all.

http://www.espn.co.uk/college-footba...meId=272420344

Twitter
    @clayvaughn33
    Going to let it all out on September 29th.

#MuckFullen

Well....

I just don't understand why I can't come to this MSU board and talk MSU sports without there always being someone hating on Croom. We are better than that. Talk about how good Moorhead is doing, talk about our players and how they are succeeding...but 10 years later many are still beating the dead horse of how horrible Croom was.
    Like I said, in our history, he certainly doesn't have the market cornered on poor coaching.
    The thread you started here really fixed that didn't it.**

Look I don't know anybody that hates croom. I know I don't but his tenure is forever a part of our history and it was overwhelmingly awful. Nothing will ever change that. Fans talk about the past. All of them. Its not a MSU thing. Its a human thing.

Nobody hates Croom. He is a good and decent man, a man of integrity, a man of honor. I respect the guy.

But some folks just need to realize that of MSU's football coaches who coached more than 2 seasons, Croom is the worst except for Charlie Shira ('67-'72). And Shira was in a completely different era.

That's all really. He was a terrible football coach and a bad hire. A good man, bad coach. I don't want to relive the disorganized incompetence on the field to give examples, but let's just say that I have seen enough delay of games and illegal procedures coming out of timeouts to last me a lifetime. I wish him all the best.
    Not every Democrat was a Rebel, but every Rebel was a Democrat.
    -RBH, 1876

Agree with your first sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by johnson86-1 View Post
    If Croom had come in and done his best, thanked us for the opportunity, and been an ambassador for us, he would be extremely well liked by our fan base.

Instead, he was never appreciative of the opportunity and then talked badly about us after over paying him by millions for five years to underperform. Look at how Rick Ray handled his firing and Boomer handling his firing at UF.
    Exactly. Go read the responses to Rick Ray’s tweets in the aftermath of his firing.

That’s a fanbase that looked fondly at a guy, but the on court results weren’t there. Even he understood he had run out of rope.

I sincerely hope Rick Ray wins every game that isn’t against Mississippi State.

I don’t give a damn about Croom.

If ever a permaban was justified, gentlemen, here she is.

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Like I said before, there is too much good going on to keep harping on the shortcomings of one of our past coaches. I have a job and family so I don't spend all day every day on message boards. I like this board because of the info everyone brings about MSU. The last few times I've been on here, it's like beat down Croom day. We as MSU fans are better than this.

Who are the “rebs”? Obvious troll

Twitter
    @clayvaughn33
    That's all I can agree with as well. My only interaction with him he came across somewhat shitty. Men of integrity and honor don't lie and push off blame like he did in the SEC documentary.

#MuckFullen

Winston Churchill say......You suck.

Last edited by Mutt the Hoople; 09-14-2018 at 08:54 PM.

We’ve had some terrible coaches at this fine institution but dont Know of any who scared opposing coaches like Sly. How many coaches got fired for losing to him (you) anyway?

Very small consoliation

for paying for season tickets, and setting my ass thru all of it.
    Jack may be gone, but he is "EVER PRESENT"

Then ST17Up and post less. Read more and don't open your dumb mouth. I have been on this board for ten years and you have gotten me to post twice. Somebody ban this troll.

McCorvey called the plays but ran Croom’s west coast offense. It was Croom’s play book, Croom’s terminology, etc. Woody had not been associated with that style of offense before that. Use whatever words you want.

I knew this troll was going there before i clicked on the thread

Twitter
    @clayvaughn33
    There were many schools running the "West Coast System" with much success, but none sucked as much as Croom's version coupled with McCorvey's play calling. If the play caller isn't producing and subsequently getting the head coach in trouble, then get another play caller. Croom refused to, thus his canning.
    Use whatever words you want. Well thanks for your permission; I believe I will.

#MuckFullen

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Dawg View Post
    McCorvey called the plays but ran Croom’s west coast offense. It was Croom’s play book, Croom’s terminology, etc. Woody had not been associated with that style of offense before that. Use whatever words you want.
    Croom even said multiple times that he would be teaching Woody the offense. EVERYONE understood that it was Croom's offense. There were many that wanted Croom to hire someone already knowledgeable about the offense Croom was trying to run instead of asking his buddy to run it with no experience. And when we fired him, Croom was rumored to being open to hiring Al Borges, a guy who was well known for running the WCO. But supposedly Byrne wanted him to do a total overhaul, which Croom flatly refused, and ended with him being fired.

Cry Havoc!...And Let Slip the Dawgs of War!!!!!