Which loss hurt the most?

Between KY and UF? Before the season, I would have thought no loss, no matter how bad, would hurt worse than losing to Mullen this year, but Iíll be damned if that Kentucky loss wasnít more painful. It was like watching the mirage of how great this team was supposed to be disappearing. What say you?

Boo Dan | Boudin Yes | No

FL for obvious reasons and it was at home

No matter how much I come to like Joe Moorhead, I will always harbor a bit of resentment towards him for letting the gators' coach take a gatorade bath on our field and celebrate on the gator players' shoulders in our locker room. It's kind of like the guy who ran over your dog by accident. You know he didn't mean to do it, but, still, he killed your dog.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Neither. They both sucked big time because of our horrendous offensive play calling that cost us both games. Took the wind out of my sails and will take a lot to get it back.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

It doesn't help that the gators will likely be playing for a shot at Atlanta in two weeks.

We go to DV and WIN next weekend, and we all move forward as one. Just WIN.

Honestly both hurt a bit but at the end of the day if we win both the hurt was coming later and it would be way worse. I may be in the minority but sitting in Lexington I saw us take a total ass whooping, blame the officials but we played like 17. Florida game if Mitchell catches pass to go up 13-3, I think we win but I also think we take same game plan into the Auburn game.
    Hell if we run the table everyone will bitch and bring these 2 games up but I seriously doubt we improve as a team and coaching staff without at least 1 of these losses.
    My feelings were hurt after both but by damn those feelings heal pretty quick cause Iím a State fan and Iíve endured worse. Ha
    After the Florida loss I said 8-4 , 9-3. So if Iím right I still 1-2 hurtful losses coming. I can deal can we all?

Florida, because we shat the bed the week before with horrible discipline, play calling and execution, and then played the very next week as if we had learned NOTHING.

Both are tough losses that could have fairly easily been avoided, so they both hurt in that regard, but Floridaís the more painful one due to that whole fool me once/twice saying. It took concerted effort to lose to the Gators

Quote Originally Posted by CLANGA View Post
    Between KY and UF? Before the season, I would have thought no loss, no matter how bad, would hurt worse than losing to Mullen this year, but Iíll be damned if that Kentucky loss wasnít more painful. It was like watching the mirage of how great this team was supposed to be disappearing. What say you?
    Iíd say what hurts the most was being so close and havin' so much to say,
    and watching it walk away.

Well, that and never knowin' what could've been and not seein' that lovin' you is what I was trying to do.

FL. It was there for the taking. KY loss we totally crapped in the bed.

Florida for all the reasons stated. But Iíll add that we had a tremendous amount of media respect and attention that took a hit against UK. That loss to Florida took what we assumed to be a fluke bad day in Lexington and confirmed that we werenít ready for Moorheadís Offense as we thought we were in SEC play.

Florida because we should've won. All Osirus has to do is hold onto the ball

Yep, would have made it 13-3 with all the momentum on MSU's side, but instead we go 3 and out, and Florida scores a TD a few plays later. Drops happen, but that's gotta go down as one of the worst game or even season changing drops in MSU football history

as stated above.. Florida.

Because of how Mullen left, it would have been nice to show him that he might have missed out on a great team and that the grass isn't always greener. For the fans it meant us knowing that our success isn't defined by one single coach and that Kentucky woes were an anomaly.
    - Undisputed 2016 St. Petersburg National Champions -

Both. Letís say the miraculous plays out and we win out to go 10-2. That would put the season where most predicted. Alabamaís only loss is to us to go 11-1. Even though we go undefeated in the west they finish 7-1 to play for the sec championship. That will leave us out of a conference championship and playoff spot. Win one of those and itís a different story. Will be the ultimate what could of been story.

UF by a country mile. I will never for the rest of my life get over that loss, for obvious reasons previously stated, but also because my wife is a Florida native and UF fan. She doesn't rub it in, but there's still palpable tension. After that game, I sat out on my screen porch trying to drown that one with a bunch of cold ones. She asked me if I wanted her to go to the store and get more beer . . . . . . . . just saying that for us baby boomers that have seen many a disappointing Bulldog loss, this one will hurt the longest. But I gotta say that the "Immaculate Deflection" loss to Ole Miss in Jackson is still a raw nerve. I was there and witnessed the wind blow the winning kick sideways right in front of me. That one still hurts, too.