Not sure our coach is any better
    Please....

Boo Dan | Boudin Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by InTheIttaBenaHotSun View Post
    Please....
    Convince me. What you base it on?

0 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Dude go the 17 on with your BS. If you can't see that Moorhead is a better coach than Luke then I feel for you. I would imagine it may take some time to get acclimated as a head coach in the SEC. He will be fine.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

He showed much progress last game

but I must be from Missouri...

He has some showing to do. (the Ky and Fla games were killers)

Time will tell.

I'm not a blind fool, and my eyes are wide open on this deal.
    Jack may be gone, but he is "EVER PRESENT"

Some of us are melting down worse than the barners today

Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Convince me. What you base it on?
    Lol Ta'amu had like 550 total yards today. It's cause of Matt Luke developing him.**

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
    Dude go the 17 on with your BS. If you can't see that Moorhead is a better coach than Luke then I feel for you. I would imagine it may take some time to get acclimated as a head coach in the SEC. He will be fine.
    We were a top 20 team that beat a dumpster fire. Great win

1 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

The coach of our Defense is way better. So no worries.

We were a top 20 team that beat a dumpster fire. Great win
    You are a stupid dumbass idiot!

4 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post
    Guess you think we should've lost Kentucky and Florida games

Guess you think we should've lost Kentucky and Florida games
    Seriously such a sad attitude. If our players had your attitude we lose to Auburn but then again I agree we should just shut the whole program down!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcap View Post
    Seriously such a sad attitude. If our players had your attitude we lose to Auburn but then again I agree we should just shut the whole program down!
    It isn't my fault we sheet the bed vs those 2

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcap View Post
    ☝🏻Must be new around here.

Really Annoying
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post
    Heís not wrong with that statement. You donít have a valid rebuttal right now so you resort to name calling when heís clearly not a dumbass idiot. The Auburn win isnít impressive. Auburn is a raging dumpster fire that lost to another dumpster fire program at home today.

3 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by MSUDawgFan86 View Post
    He’s not wrong with that statement. You don’t have a valid rebuttal right now so you resort to name calling when he’s clearly not a dumbass idiot. The Auburn win isn’t impressive. Auburn is a raging dumpster fire that lost to another dumpster fire program at home today.
    Tennessee played their best game in 3 years yesterday and still only won by 6 points. That's with 3 turnovers and a scoop n score on defense. The Auburn win for us is impressive because we had 350 yards rushing and held the ball for 42 minutes. That's impressive vs any SEC team. Don't act like it isn't.

You need some serious help.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKotter View Post
    You need some serious help.
    Maybe so. Take a look at both teams' schedules though... in a year that was supposed to be one of our best ever, they will match our win total or surpass it if they beat us.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

It isn't my fault we sheet the bed vs those 2
    I bet you are a joy to be around at parties

Its kind of hard to tell if your feelings are based on affection towards Mullen, an enjoyment of feeling poorly, or just not really understanding football.

I do think you are smart enough to know that Moorhead is better than Luke. I dont think you believe Mullen was ultimately going to accomplish more than what he did and wanted to leave. I also know you havent switched to being a gator fan so Mullen isnt all that important.

Which leaves the idea that you enjoy feeling poorly about MSU. Assuming you'd like to not do that for the sake of others, there is medication. It works. I know you get all this attention for saying stupid 17ing things like this, but is this what you want?

We dont.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

This thread went off the rails quickly. We are definitely a self loathing group.

Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    This thread went off the rails quickly. We are definitely a self loathing group.
    I agree. I think we are the only fan base that can make fun of our rival because they suck and then quickly our fans want to bash our own team. If you think the two programs are on the same level then you are kidding yourself

I'm not saying one way or another, but I'd like to hear someone's argument of why Luke is worse than Moorhead.

Quote Originally Posted by SyonaraStanz View Post
    I'm not saying one way or another, but I'd like to hear someone's argument of why Luke is worse than Moorhead.
    not one ole miss fan wouldnt trade for Moorhead over Luke.

Asked another way...what would Luke's record be with this MSU team right now ?

Quote Originally Posted by thatsbaseball View Post
    Asked another way...what would Luke's record be with this MSU team right now ?
    We've won 1 of our 3 toss ups, so not sure he'd be worse. If Moorhead were coaching OM, he'd have same record as Luke.

Not sure. He earned some credits for his mercenary ways last Egg Bowl. Those may fade quickly. This years Egg will be interesting*

Do you ever see Luke winning more than 8 games in a season? Because I sure donít. But I do think Moorhead can given his track record and what he did at Fordham. I know he had a couple blunders this season but I guess we were naive thinking a guy can just run through the sec in his first year of an SEC coach. OM coaching staff did everything they could to lose that game. Arkansas lost that game more than OM won it. But I will give Matt credit, he does not let his olayers quit.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgnabit View Post
    Do you ever see Luke winning more than 8 games in a season? Because I sure donít. But I do think Moorhead can given his track record and what he did at Fordham. I know he had a couple blunders this season but I guess we were naive thinking a guy can just run through the sec in his first year of an SEC coach. OM coaching staff did everything they could to lose that game. Arkansas lost that game more than OM won it. But I will give Matt credit, he does not let his olayers quit.
    The jury is very much still out on Moorhead. His Auburn win is unimpressive today, and it took two questionable goal line calls, going in his favor, to win. He can earn a lot of confidence with a strong showing this weekend, or he can throw it all away by trying to slang the ball all over the field. We shall see.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

The jury is very much still out on Moorhead. His Auburn win is unimpressive today, and it took two questionable goal line calls, going in his favor, to win. He can earn a lot of confidence with a strong showing this weekend, or he can throw it all away by trying to slang the ball all over the field. We shall see.
    I agree that the jury is still out on him. But Iím just trying to make an argument to why Iíd pick Moorhead over Luke. Moorhead has a better resume TODAY than Luke does. Heck even if you look at recruiting, JoMo has addressed our offensive woes and has gone out and gotten a couple play makers committed. Look at OMís recruiting... I donít see this defense getting better for a while. Of their 27 commits, the only have 11 defensive players.
    Last edited by dawgnabit; 10-14-2018 at 09:05 AM.

We've won 1 of our 3 toss ups, so not sure he'd be worse. If Moorhead were coaching OM, he'd have same record as Luke.

Name:  giphy-3.gif
Views: 900
Size:  1.45 MB

Name:  8eQU.gif
Views: 897
Size:  949.7 KB

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Don't shoot the messenger BUT....if you look only at Moorhead's resume and leave out your emotions as a State fan you would never guess that this guy made the leap to head coach at an SEC school. We flat assed took a gamble and the jury is in fact out but Moorhead's resume is nothing to write home about.

Moorhead appears to have hit some roadblocks being a head coach again. He had to assemble his staff and structure the program. He was given some great players, but hes also had much more to install.

Matt Luke inherited his team, his staff, etc. Now this isn't necessarily a positive, but it does afford an easier transition for Luke as being the head coach. I wouldn't call his wins a soaring success. Yes they beat a 1-5 Arkansas team in the last 2 minutes and are 1-2 injuries away from collapsing.
    - Undisputed 2016 St. Petersburg National Champions -

Quote Originally Posted by mount lefroy View Post
    Its kind of hard to tell if your feelings are based on affection towards Mullen, an enjoyment of feeling poorly, or just not really understanding football.

I do think you are smart enough to know that Moorhead is better than Luke. I dont think you believe Mullen was ultimately going to accomplish more than what he did and wanted to leave. I also know you havent switched to being a gator fan so Mullen isnt all that important.

Which leaves the idea that you enjoy feeling poorly about MSU. Assuming you'd like to not do that for the sake of others, there is medication. It works. I know you get all this attention for saying stupid 17ing things like this, but is this what you want?

We dont.
    7 is finally getting attention for being a dickhead troll after it taking only 52,000 posts for anyone to notice. It really because everyone made fun of him for Foambat Alexander and he now wants all State fans to suffer with troll wrath as revenge.

There's also still a lot of season left to find out what we've got in Moorhead. I know that most fans, myself included, are desperate to use the Auburn game as a sign of the team turning the corner, but we now know that Auburn is pretty awful. If we wind up 7-5 or worse with another loss to OM at the end of the year, a lot of the pollyannas on this board will be changing their tune.

It's hard to really compare the two one way or another this early into Moorhead's tenure, but we'll know more by year's end.

11 defensive players would be enough if they were the right ones. Unfortunately for OM their current top 7 recruits are all offense and they have no 4 star defenders.
    Unfortunately for us they have the top RB and the top 2 WR from MS as well as a 4 star OL from Arkansas. All players we desperately need.
    We will have to wait to see how things end up, but we have great need for 1 top RB and several top WR, OL, and CB in this class. As of now we have 0 RB, 4 OL, 2 WR, and 3 CB, none of them 4 stars.
    Maybe they all pan out as all-Americans, maybe they all bust. Those of us who are not experts with access to lots of game film have no way to evaluate these recruits other than to refer to the services. I would love to see a longitudinal study of how many sub-4-star players became standouts and how many 4-star+ were busts. We all know a few individual stories, but I would like to know the overall numbers.
    Right now OM has 5 4-stars with an overall average player rating of 87.44
    We have 6 4-stars with an overall average player rating of 88.74.
    Pretty close, so far.
    For comparison, UF has 8 4-stars with an overall average player rating of 89.69 and LSU has 2 5-stars and 10 4-stars with an overall average player rating of 90.42

You're a miserable person. I bet you're loads of fun to hang out with.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

No itís your fault you are a dumbass.