Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1

    To those saying “Joe should’ve challenged the fumble”

    Do you really have any faith that this officiating crew would’ve overturned that call? I sure do not. They probably would have upheld the ruling that he was down and then found some reason to give us an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for daring to question them.


    4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post
    Bowl Prep | Bowl Game Yes | No

  2. #2
    Still have to make them make the call.


    4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post
    Bowl Prep | Bowl Game Yes | No

  3. #3
    Joe shouldn’t have had to challenge it. There’s a paid person in a booth that has one job in situations like that. Joe is the last person I’m blaming


    9 out of 9 sixpackers like this post
    Bowl Prep | Bowl Game Yes | No

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by WutheringDawg View Post
    Still have to make them make the call.
    Sure, but I have zero faith they would have made the correct call even with the benefit of video replay.


    Bowl Prep | Bowl Game Yes | No

  5. #5
    It wouldn't have been reversed, but at least get them on the record not reversing it.


    Bowl Prep | Bowl Game Yes | No

  6. #6
    One Call. That's All Lawdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,359
    It's also that they didn't call it a fumble on the field.

    Later in the game, when Tua somehow "fumbled" the ball forward to his teammate 15 yards downfield, Gary literally said "these refs are doing what they're supposed to, calling it a fumble on the field and letting it play out, then making sure of the call on replay."

    DAMMIT GARY WHY DID THEY NOT DO THAT WHEN BAMA FUMBLED??

    See also Auburn 2017.


    Bowl Prep | Bowl Game Yes | No

  7. #7
    it was too close so they looked away hoping it was slide past idiots on coaching staff


    Bowl Prep | Bowl Game Yes | No

  8. #8
    fishwater99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    80403
    Posts
    10,971
    Twitter
    @fishwater99
    You have to call the time out to give them the opportunity to review it


    1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Bowl Prep | Bowl Game Yes | No

  9. #9

    Our guy or guys in the booth dropped the ball. SEC officials did their job.

    Not really on Joe today, but he should probably "review" how we handle this.

    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDC11 View Post
    Do you really have any faith that this officiating crew would’ve overturned that call? I sure do not. They probably would have upheld the ruling that he was down and then found some reason to give us an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for daring to question them.


    Bowl Prep | Bowl Game Yes | No

  10. #10
    BS - straight from the 17n rulebook, replay officials are supposed to review EVERY play. They obviously did not do their job.


    The replay official and his crew shall review every play of a game. He may stop a game at any time before the ball is next legally put in play (Exception: Rule 12-3-6-d) whenever he believes that:
    1. There is reasonable evidence to believe an error was made in the initial on-field ruling.
    2. The play is reviewable.
    3. The outcome of a review would have a direct, competitive impact on the game.


    4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post
    Bowl Prep | Bowl Game Yes | No

  11. #11
    Welcome to the SEC JoMo. In particular, wencome to the Bama machine.

    Can’t wait for you to become familiar with the insanity that is the Ole Miss fans and all that.


    Bowl Prep | Bowl Game Yes | No

  12. #12
    Coach trusted the process. He got bit in the ass. Then when they called block in the back on the touchdown he realized he wasn’t in Kansas anymore. He got a welcome to the sec tonight and unfortunately he will never comprehend the bias. I actually hate this conference more today than I ever have.


    Bowl Prep | Bowl Game Yes | No

  13. #13
    the peeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lurking in the shadows...
    Posts
    5,265
    Coach Joe knew he would need that timeout later in the half for one of those times he couldn't think of a play to call and so he calls timeout to avoid another delay of game penalty. 10th damn game and we can't get a play in on time, and our center and QB cant communicate and get the snap to the QB when he wants it.
    The poster formerly known as: dawgebag


    2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Bowl Prep | Bowl Game Yes | No

  14. #14
    Most like Hudspeth that told him he was down... him and a GA would be spotting while Defense was on field.


    Bowl Prep | Bowl Game Yes | No

  15. #15

    They had ample time

    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    You have to call the time out to give them the opportunity to review it
    Even calling a timeout doesn’t make them review it. If they didn’t choose to review it during the time they had, they weren’t going to.


    Bowl Prep | Bowl Game Yes | No

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by jethreauxdawg View Post
    Even calling a timeout doesn’t make them review it. If they didn’t choose to review it during the time they had, they weren’t going to.
    No, but it gives the guys in the booth time to see the replay and tell Joe to challenge it.


    Bowl Prep | Bowl Game Yes | No

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by DancingRabbit View Post
    Not really on Joe today, but he should probably "review" how we handle this.
    The officials did their job? Complete BS


    Bowl Prep | Bowl Game Yes | No

  18. #18

    I guess I needed ** for this part, "SEC officials did their job."

    Was sarcastically implying that the officials "job" was to take care of Bama.

    Quote Originally Posted by kired View Post
    BS - straight from the 17n rulebook, replay officials are supposed to review EVERY play. They obviously did not do their job.


    The replay official and his crew shall review every play of a game. He may stop a game at any time before the ball is next legally put in play (Exception: Rule 12-3-6-d) whenever he believes that:
    1. There is reasonable evidence to believe an error was made in the initial on-field ruling.
    2. The play is reviewable.
    3. The outcome of a review would have a direct, competitive impact on the game.


    Bowl Prep | Bowl Game Yes | No

  19. #19

    Sorry, I guess I needed ** for this part, "SEC officials did their job."

    I was sarcastically implying that the officials "job" was to take care of Bama.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrKotter View Post
    The officials did their job? Complete BS


    Bowl Prep | Bowl Game Yes | No

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgatUSM View Post
    Joe shouldn’t have had to challenge it. There’s a paid person in a booth that has one job in situations like that. Joe is the last person I’m blaming
    Well how about that?

    A poster with some levity


    Bowl Prep | Bowl Game Yes | No

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
SixPack Sponsors







Disclaimer: Neither this message board nor its rules and regulations are associated with Mississippi State University or any other Mississippi State sports website. Neither this message board nor its rules and regulations are associated with Scottish & Newcastle PLC d/b/a Bulldog Strong Ale. The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author. The contents of this page have not been reviewed or approved by SixPackSpeak.com. The interactive nature of the SixPackSpeak.com Discussion Forums makes it impossible for SixPackSpeak.com to assume responsibility for any of the content, including photographs and/or images, posted by participants. The ideas, suggestions, thoughts, recommendations, opinions, comments, advice, and observations made by participants of the interactive Discussion Forums are not endorsed by SixPackSpeak.com.


Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties