I know it is just Monday, but I have not seen any of our players on social media

Talking about this game. I view that as a positive. When we got in that pissing match with Kentucky our players were out of control. Last year we had a pregame scuffle with ole miss and we were not emotionally ready (other factors as well with Fitz). I want us to quietly go out there and whip their ass and then celebrate as soon as itís over.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    We Donít Take No Shit | Loud Mouth 17in AD Yes | No

I could do without knowing a single tweet any of our players make especially when they could be about 1000 other things not related to football and most of the time that's the case.
    MSU Class of 2011

Result of on the job training for JoMo.....

They were talking shit directly to Kentucky players (or responding to Kentucky shit talking) during that week. There was no mistaking what was going on.

I'll say again that I think it's our players that are going to bring the wood in this game. I know it seems as if Ole Miss should have the emotion due to this being their 'bowl game' but that is weak. Our players want to kick their ass because of last year, that's how it works. It's hard to have the juice in a rivalry game when you won the last one, and they had all the built up anger last year. They have nothing to play for. They are not 'building' anything. Their program is going to collapse next year, win or lose in this game. Matt Luke will be fired either after this game or a year from now, it's inevitable. McGriff will be fired after the game and Longo is going to move on (or at least try to).

If our players aren't 100% ready to play, they never will be, and we will know that they simply were never capable of a big season this year, and we will also know that JoMo will probably never get it done.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Really Annoying
    Quote Originally Posted by campshelbydog842003 View Post
    Talking about this game. I view that as a positive. When we got in that pissing match with Kentucky our players were out of control. Last year we had a pregame scuffle with ole miss and we were not emotionally ready (other factors as well with Fitz). I want us to quietly go out there and whip their ass and then celebrate as soon as itís over.
    Think about how embarrassing that was that Freaking Kentucky got in this teamís head.
    Probably one of the most embarrassing moments Iíve ever had as a State fan watching this team loaded with upperclassmen self destruct and lose at Kentucky. Especially after they talked shit the whole time.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by MSUDawgFan86 View Post
    Think about how embarrassing that was that Freaking Kentucky got in this team’s head.
    Probably one of the most embarrassing moments I’ve ever had as a State fan watching this team loaded with upperclassmen self destruct and lose at Kentucky. Especially after they talked shit the whole time.
    So many of you don't want to give Kentucky credit for that game. They played lights out, plus they had a great home field atmosphere.

I'm still embarrassed that we lost to Flarrda.

I agree. They didn't win that game because of twitter back and forth.
    MSU Class of 2011

I donít think anyone believes anyone wins or loses due to twitter beef, but it was very clear that they were in our heads. We had a ton of personal fouls and penalties in general that week. So much so that our coach made a new rule about personal fouls for this team going forward. I just think it is a good sign that so far our guys are not yapping. Yap after the game and make those bitches feel it every time you hit them during the game. Plant the flag on midfield after you skull 17 em. Just win first.

Good

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C1A0B3AB-79E1-4E01-987F-5CE36B3235D0.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	11772

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

We had a ton of PFs and penalties in all games up to that point. I think it was after that game Joe said he'll get it under control and PF's result in being yanked from the game.

We haven' that many PF's or false starts since that game.

I don't think they were in our heads at all.
    MSU Class of 2011

We had a bunch of penalties. We had not had a bunch of personal fouls. That is incorrect. We had 2 personal fouls against SFA and 1 against KSU that was targeting....the other one that was called against Leo was an awful call that should not be a penalty.
    Last edited by campshelbydog842003; 11-19-2018 at 01:42 PM.