If Mullen has not gone to Florida, and we had gone 11-1 or so

Would we?

1. Be in the playoff? (Assuming the L was at Bama)

2. Be worried about Mullen taking the Ohio State job, assuming they didnít give it to Meyerís handpicked successor?
    "The Dead lay in pools of maroon below" - EV

0 out of 4 sixpackers like this post
    We Donít Take No Shit | Loud Mouth 17in AD Yes | No

1. No, they wouldn't put state in without winning the conference or at least the west.
    2. Yes

However, Mullen would have been talking to OSU before the end of the regular season and blown a game or two like last year. I don't think we would've been 11-1 with him having 1 foot out the door.
    Hail State, Braves, Panthers, Liverpool

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

1. No

2. Extremely

No, he would have lost to Ole miss because he was on a clandestine round-trip flight from Columbus, Ohio on Thanksgiving eve.

We would have gone 9-3 or 10-2, probably lose to Kentucky or LSU as well, so it doesn't matter.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Yes on both

0 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

We were way better than lsu uf and uk. Its change that lost those games. Mullen wins at least 2 of those

1 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Probably 9-3 and we would still feel a little dissatisfied.

Mullen would have been 11-1 just as many times as he was in his decade prior. Iíll never understand how we even consider these things after what he did in 2014 with Dak. Nothing about his tenure suggests that he could have been 11-1.

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by horshack View Post
    Mullen would have been 11-1 just as many times as he was in his decade prior. Iíll never understand how we even consider these things after what he did in 2014 with Dak. Nothing about his tenure suggests that he could have been 11-1.
    Mullen would not have been 11-1 he would have had a loss to the Hogs at home because he would have gotten word that the OSU job was coming open and who can blame him it's always been his "dream job" just like Miami, TN, Florida, Penn State.....*****

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogg31 View Post
    Would we?

2. Be worried about Mullen taking the Ohio State job, assuming they didnít give it to Meyerís handpicked successor?
    1. Possibly
    2. Certainly

Really Annoying
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogg31 View Post
    Would we?

1. Yes we would be in the playoff. (He wouldnít be 11-1 with this team) I say 10-2 tops but 9-3 likely. He is always good for shitting himself once or twice a year as a coach. This year it was Kentucky and Missouri for him.)

2. Eh I was never worried about Mullen leaving. F Mullen. I donít get hung up on coaches. There are plenty of coaches on Mullenís level. Heís good but will never be great.

With Mullen we would have gone 9-3 and still gone to the Outback Bowl. But he would have been looking to leave and for the bowl we would either have a disinterested coach or a brand new coach or a skeleton crew staff like 2017ís bowl.
    Last edited by MedDawg; Yesterday at 01:34 PM.

Yes, we would be in the playoff at 11-1. Our defensive numbers would have put us in over OU. I mean UGA almost got in with 2 losses.

I don't think Mullen would get the OSU job over Day but it's possible.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Who?

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak
    I would have been in a much better place with him leaving after this season. He would have had the all time wins at State and 2019 would have been introducing a new QB. I expected him to leave after 2018 even before 2017 started.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgstudent View Post
    I would have been in a much better place with him leaving after this season. He would have had the all time wins at State and 2019 would have been introducing a new QB. I expected him to leave after 2018 even before 2017 started.
    Agree, with Nick being a senior and all of the talent on D, I'm surprised he didn't want to make a run at it this year. I would definitely think more of him if he had stayed 1 more year. I guess he was just dead set on leaving as soon as possible. What a dick.

You personally might be in a better place, but the program as a whole is in a better place now because he went ahead and left early.

Mullen wouldnít have went 11-1.... he would have lost at UK and Ole Miss.

N/A to both.

He lost to Georgia last year 31-3 and Auburn 49-10. Not sure why some think he was a lock for 11-1 this year.

We weren't more than a 9 or 10 win team with him at the helm, so if we had a 1 or 2 win downward swing this year but are better off long term with him leaving in 17 instead of 18 I am good with that. That is TBD but either way, he gone. Move on.

Agreed. The timing would have been much better for all of us.

Heís be leaving after coaching possibly the most talented team weíd ever fielded, I feel confident weíd have won 10 games at least, much closer to ďfinishing the jobĒ.

I think if he stayed and went 11-1, or 10-2 he gets the Ohio State job as well. Our folks donít realize it but much of the college football world looks at the job Mullen did here as miraculous.

We wouldn't have gone 11-1 so it's a moot point.

Quote Originally Posted by gymdawg View Post
    We were way better than lsu uf and uk. Its change that lost those games. Mullen wins at least 2 of those
    Way better than a team that beat us by 21 and another that beat us by 16, while both finishing with better records. GTFO with that shit. If Mullen was here, we still would have lost both of those games. Possibly more competitively, but they would have been L’s regardless. I’ll give you that we were better than UF (not way better, but a tad better), but going against a staff that knew our roster inside and out and having a crippling drop on a TD pass was too much to overcome.
    Last edited by Go Budaw; Yesterday at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by horshack View Post
    Not to mention weíd still have Grantham and his underachieving defense here too, so itís not like you can say that wouldnít have negated a lot of the offensive improvements of theoretically retaining Mullen. Thatís what I really donít get....people just think weíd automatically have the same defense this year with Grantham that we had with Shoop. Straight stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Mullen wouldnít have went 11-1.... he would have lost at UK and Ole Miss.
    Mullen wouldn't have lost to Ole Miss this year. Your hatred blinds you. He would have lost to UK (ambush game), Bama, and LSU.

Mullen probably would have beaten Florida if he had stayed at MSU this year. He had a huge advantage in that game. However, I think that that is the only loss that would have been a win. I think we still lose to Kentucky, LSU, and Alabama with Mullen. However, could Mullen have beaten Auburn here, whom he struggled with the previous year? Therefore, I think we would have been 9-3 at best with Mullen staying. I also think he would have left after this year If he had stayed. He probably was afraid of losing the Florida gig if stayed here another year.

With the hunchback, our Bulldogs finish 10-2 and earn a Sugar Bowl invitation. Of course that sumbitch would leave before the game is ever played and take the entire coaching staff with him. Good riddance.

I think a lot of folks are discounting how much of a struggle learning a new offense was for this team, especially our QB.

With Mullen, Iím thinking Nickís numbers are better across the board, Aeris starts every game, the OLine doesnít struggle like they did at Kentucky, etc. Remember, one big reason we lost at Kentucky was 16 penalties for 140 yards, and it was still just 14-7 going into the 4Q. We would have won that game.