Hereís an AP Hoops Top 25 voter who GETS IT!

And kudos to him (Graham Couch) for doing his job the way itís supposed to be done...by actually THINKING about the teams heís voting for, WATCHING lots of basketball, and REWARDING teams who are putting themselves out there with true road games.

This week he gave only ONE SEC team a Top 25 vote (your Mississippi State Bulldogs at #15) because we are the only SEC team thatís traveled to a tough place to play and beat a good team on their home floor (Dayton). We also played good P5 opponents in Vegas and Jersey, while teams like Tennessee, Auburn, Duke, and Kentucky have mostly played home games or neutral sites.

This guyís philosophy? You no play true road game, you no get Top 25 vote...blueblood or not.

I like it and I like the new scheduling by Howland. Should pay off Big Time in March.

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/...ke/2264942002/
    "The Dead lay in pools of maroon below" - EV

1 out of 5 sixpackers like this post
    Grown Ass Man | Troy Aikman Yes | No

True. But we have to win when it counts and not lose too many games that hurt. Itís December. Win and everything takes care of itself

I understand giving priority to road games, but not voting the other teams in the top 25 simply Bc they donít have any ďrealĒ road games is stupid.

7 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by paindonthurt View Post
    I understand giving priority to road games, but not voting the other teams in the top 25 simply Bc they donít have any ďrealĒ road games is stupid.
    I understand Kentucky not being in there, but Tennessee and Auburn are pretty darn good. This is stupid.

I agree. Tennessee just beat the number 1 team in the nation, but you aren't going to vote them in because you don't like their road schedule?

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

That dude doesnít get it. Heís trolling, so pissed off fans give him clicks.

Weíve only played 1 true road game @Dayton. Letís say that game was at home. Letís also say at this point weíve beaten Kansas and Duke both at the Hump.

Would you still agree that the AP voter gets it? Because by his metric we do not belong in the top 25.

What Would Freezus Do? hatfieldms's Avatar
    He doesnít get it. Not having Tennessee or auburn in his top 25 is dumb as hell

I guess by this reporters logic, our girls basketball team shouldn't have been ranked until after we beat Texas? I doubt he would credit us much for beating Virginia and Little Rock on the road.

He has Arizona State 14th. They have not played a true road game.
    "At South Panola we still honor what the word commitment means"-Lance Pogue

I hear you guys, and agree with a lot of what youíre saying, but I like the fact that this is a voter actually thinking about and doing his job, rather than just seeing what everyone else wrote down and going with that.

Actually, he doesn't get it, and he should have his vote stripped and given to someone who will take it seriously. This is like the old days when Steve Spurrier would vote Duke #25 in the preseason poll until they told him to stop, except on a much bigger scale.

Quote Originally Posted by paindonthurt View Post
    I'm gonna guess the school's accounting groups are all in favor of more home game revenue and less travel expenses as well.

He's actually doing the opposite. He is not ranking the best teams in the country, he is using his ballot as an attempt to push a weak agenda. There is no reasoning behind not ranking Duke, Tennessee, and Kansas in the top 25.
    "At South Panola we still honor what the word commitment means"-Lance Pogue

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogg31 View Post
    I hear you guys, and agree with a lot of what youíre saying, but I like the fact that this is a voter actually thinking about and doing his job, rather than just seeing what everyone else wrote down and going with that.
    There is something that I have heard called overthinking, but I can't think about how that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by HD6 View Post
    He's actually doing the opposite. He is not ranking the best teams in the country, he is using his ballot as an attempt to push a weak agenda. There is no reasoning behind not ranking Duke, Tennessee, and Kansas in the top 25.
    Appreciate him voting us (and Furman, cough/cough) in but absolutely the Devils, Vols and
    Malik Newmanless Jayhawks should be in top 7.

Will give credit on the Wildkcats as they shouldnít be in
    top 25 presently although that could change in a month.

31, I get your appeal toward some fresh thinking, but this guy has some "the earth is flat" shit going on.

Ok, yeah, Iím going to have to rethink this guy. Sixpack Influencers in full effect, and I think you guys are right.

Anyway, interesting to see a guy with a different take on his voting.

He even says in his article that Tennessee may be his #1 next week, so heís obviously just drawing attention to his cause.

He may think a lot about it, but he's still bad at his job.