Very down about MBB right now...

Weíve had such a long hard slog since stricklinz nuked the program. Finally assemble an experienced talented team. Finally see a little light at the end of the tunnel. Start SEC play with a promising schedule with a very winnable road game and 1st year HC Mississippi at home. 0-2.

Now Iím looking at the next four games and wondering how we can win any of them. Very disappointing.

Grown Ass Man | Troy Aikman Yes | No

Yep, and we had had such a promising start this year. Our biggest issue, and has been most of the season, is that we only play defense about half the game. We got by with it against most of our non-conference schedule (see Wofford for example), but that isn't going to work through SEC play.

The fans finally gave the team what they wanted, and they didn't get it done.

You can go through all the hypotheticals about how the season may turn out, but Howland just can't put a team together that can play clean and disciplined enough to beat good teams.

Iím not as down as you all. We have talent on offense that is going to be tough to stop. We gotta get better on defense though. These guys have played too many minutes together to be this bad.

We played terrible on D, had plenty of calls against us, and didnít shoot free throws well; it was still close a one possession game late.

Quote Originally Posted by 57stratdawg View Post
    Iím not as down as you all. We have talent on offense that is going to be tough to stop. We gotta get better on defense though. These guys have played too many minutes together to be this bad.

We played terrible on D, had plenty of calls against us, and didnít shoot free throws well; it was still close a one possession game late.
    We have a veteran team. Not too sure at this point that defense or free throwing are going to get any better. Sort of is what it is.

No easy way to deal with a shitty start but to move on. They have almost zero room for any more games like the last two. They have to pick up their defense and play smarter ball from this moment on.

The conference is strong enough now to make the dance IF they get their shit together.

If they don't this is going to be a looong season for the fans and their expectations.

If for one never thought we really had the pieces to make a big run for these two reasons:

Q is a good player but not elite, nor does is he a vocal leader.

I still thought we were going to suffer at the post positions and that we have.

Now, we do have the pieces and the right new players to get hot at the end of the season if they have not quit.

Still too early to tell anything except we were not as fantastic as we all thought we were. I would not be surprised to see big lineup changes.

Iím pretty bummed. But thereís still plenty of time to turn it around. I just donít have a lot of confidence this coaching staff can do it.

Weíve shot free throws pretty well overall. Weíre #3 in terms of %, but weíre 13th in attempts. I think thatís just close game magnifying everything and a bit of bad luck.

Weíve turned the last two games over to our guards late, and they have really let us down. I bet Q and Peters are 1 for 10 inside the final 4 minutes of the 2H over the last two games. Gotta get better individual late game performances from those two.

I think it’s time for ado to take a backseat to Perry. Sure, Perry doesn’t always play so well but he shows flashes of being pretty darn good. He’s much more physical then ado. I believe ado can come off the bench and be a contributor when needed.

Also Woodard is going to be pretty good and he needs more mins. Him and Perry need to be on the floor at the same time. That was when we played the best today IMO.

After thinking back about the game, I really don’t think we played bad. I think ole miss is pretty decent. We had a bad defensive stretch at the same time when we went a bit cold on O. Just got to be more consistent.