Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    The biggest reason this is an ignorant post. So, I guess to you to, "toughen the 17 up" means to roll over and let jackasses insult without fighting back. Sorry, but my daddy raised a fighter, not a snowflake.
    haha, what?

I suggested you toughen up as in dont complain when someone gives you a sarcastic/disrespectful answer to a dumb question. You then come back at me with the argument that your daddy raised a fighter and not a snowflake?

Thats insane. I cant stand the term snowflake, but between being a fighter and a snowflake, you were very much snowflaking the 17 out of that post. You basically cried when someone made fun of your dumb question.
    Its an internet message board- not all questions deserve patience and kindness. Some, like asking if a player can claim a medical hardship waver halfway thru a 38ish game season, will often times be met with derision.

So yeah, sack up and accept that you asked a dumb question instead of fighting back like Daddy taught you. That only looks worse.

2 out of 3 sixpackers like this post
    women's basketball | men's basketball Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by mstateglfr View Post
    haha, what?

I suggested you toughen up as in dont complain when someone gives you a sarcastic/disrespectful answer to a dumb question. You then come back at me with the argument that your daddy raised a fighter and not a snowflake?

Thats insane. I cant stand the term snowflake, but between being a fighter and a snowflake, you were very much snowflaking the 17 out of that post. You basically cried when someone made fun of your dumb question.
    Its an internet message board- not all questions deserve patience and kindness. Some, like asking if a player can claim a medical hardship waver halfway thru a 38ish game season, will often times be met with derision.

So yeah, sack up and accept that you asked a dumb question instead of fighting back like Daddy taught you. That only looks worse.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    Only snowflakes call their Paw’s daddy. Dead giveaway.
    Only an actual snowflake doesn't get that a real man can use, "daddy" and not worry about what others think that means.***

Seriously though, isn't, "daddy" the word used in that old saying? FWIW, I called my, "daddy", "Sir", as in, "Yes, Sir.".."No Sir". He was old school, and a true bad-ass. Was Golden Gloves boxing champ in his day, and played both Center and LB in the Army & college, and LB in HS.

One of his "claims to fame" was that in 1955 he played against Jim Taylor, hit Jim so hard he knocked him over the bench and out cold. My dad played for Perkinston JC that year and Taylor played for Hinds JC (the next year JT went back to LSU, then to the Green Bay Packers).

But my dad had been drafted prior to JC, and while playing football for his Army team on a snowy field, intercepted a pass near the sideline, tried to cut to keep from going OB, and tore his knee up. Back then they didn't have the surgery options they did much later, so he was never close to the same, but still good enough to make the JC squad at Perkinston.

He never forgot details about plays, and though not a braggart, if you got a few cocktails in him you could get him talking about those old days. He told me once he was one of the early practitioners of LB stunts. Wasn't coached it, but would tell his d-lineman to do a cross-rush on certain plays where he was blitzing.

Damndest thing was, he was not a physically big man, maybe 5'-8'' on his toes. But he played with a lot of heart and a helluva mean streak. Was buds with Eddie Khayat (also a Golden Gloves boxer and football player at Perk) & football teammates with George Sekul.
    Last edited by blacklistedbully; 01-18-2019 at 06:23 PM.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

I'm guessing you don't like the term, "snowflake" because you're often derided as one, nez pa?

As far as Douche61 goes, I'll give you his post alone didn't warrant the response I gave, but then you don't know this troll & I have a history from the other board, and that he's come on here a few times trying to carry his BS from there over here.

So my post wasn't so much about the post in this thread, but more about his track record of occasionally seeking me out here since I left that board in disgust a while ago. That, and the fact that he does post a lot of really stupid shit.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

I will acknowledge I could have looked it up, rather than ask here. I did know that a player can still qualify for a hardship waiver up to the midpoint of a season, but did not know the other requirements, and wasn't sure if we were yet at the mid-point, though I knew it was close.

So I went ahead and invested a few minutes myself to look it up. Because she played in more than 30% of our season's games, she is no longer eligible.

So, as it turns out, any assertion that it was a stupid question because, "we're halfway through the season" is itself a dumb statement, as being halfway through a season does not, in and of itself disqualify. The fact that she has participated in a high enough % of our total games does. Also, as it turns out, we did pass the midpoint in the UK game on the 6th.

Therefore I put to you that, not particularly wanting to look it up myself initially, I posed the question here, knowing we had to be close to mid-season, but not knowing the other rule clauses restricting the waiver. Though research has proved we were 3 games past midpoint of the regular season going into the SCar game, it was close enough to not make the question, "dumb", based on whether or not we are halfway through the season.

The defense rests.
    Last edited by blacklistedbully; 01-18-2019 at 07:29 PM.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Those eyes look familiar, did he get the Jets job?