Mullens to Cowboys OC?

Linehan is out and Dan has to be on the shortlist. Football Scoop should be tweeting about it any minute

women's basketball | men's basketball Yes | No

I predict they will be mysteriously less active in pumping him for other jobs than they used to be.

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by notoriousD_O_G View Post
    Linehan is out and Dan has to be on the shortlist. Football Scoop should be tweeting about it any minute
    You're joking I think, but with people like Kingsbury getting head jobs, it wouldn't have surprised me if Dan's name was put out there if Garret would have been fired.

Garrett isn’t out of the woods yet. Kiffin as OC would be interesting just for shear entertainment value of Kiffin with Jerry Money. I do think Kiffin would know how to use Cooper, Dak, Zeke effectively. He revolutionized the Bama offense and transitioned them out of the old school Bama style offense.

Doesn’t Like Tennessee
    They should hire Freeze as OC. Amari Cooper would be awesome running that “get open” route.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

I expect Jerry to stick with people with NFL experience. Makes more sense than hiring college coaches. Kiffin?? LOL. That would be a major train wreck right there. Jerry isn’t one to think “outside the box”, and Kiffin is definitely outside the box. Mullet is making way more money than an NFL OC. He ain’t taking a pay cut. No way.

Getsy to Green Bay...maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven Bravo View Post
    I expect Jerry to stick with people with NFL experience. Makes more sense than hiring college coaches. Kiffin?? LOL. That would be a major train wreck right there. Jerry isn’t one to think “outside the box”, and Kiffin is definitely outside the box.
    Kiffin has been an NFL head coach. How is him being an NFL OC “outside the box”?

I don’t think he leaves FAU for anything other than a high profile Power 5 or NFL head gig, but he’d at least be worth a phone call to gauge interest and possibly interview.

Mullet is making way more money than an NFL OC. He ain’t taking a pay cut. No way.
    Linehan was one of the highest paid OC's in then NFL at 2.1 million. Don is making Jason Garrett money both at around 6 million

Louisiana would be a shitty commute for his wife to buy their groceries.

I expect Jerry to stick with people with NFL experience. Makes more sense than hiring college coaches. Kiffin?? LOL. That would be a major train wreck right there. Jerry isn’t one to think “outside the box”, and Kiffin is definitely outside the box. Mullet is making way more money than an NFL OC. He ain’t taking a pay cut. No way.
    If you don’t think Jerry Jones thinks out of the box, go to Frisco and visit the Star. You’ll see what other NFL franchises will be trying to mimic for the next 20 years.

I think Kiffen leaves FAU for the first decent job he can get. That place is a dead end job.

Quote Originally Posted by patdog View Post
    I think Kiffen leaves FAU for the first decent job he can get. That place is a dead end job.
    Well I think so too, but I don’t necessarily think his idea of a decent job is an OC in the NFL. He could do that right now if he wanted.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post