Simmons hurt his knee

Saying possible ACL

Left Field Lofts | Left Field Dumpster Yes | No

Damn. Likely torn ACL per Schefter.

Man that makes me sick.

If true, someone is going to get a steal a la Jaylon Smith.

Itís not a huge deal with DTs to tear an ACL. At least not compared to a rush DE or skill position. Gotta think heíll miss most of the 2019 season though.

Is it too late for him to stay @ MSU? Rehab all summer, come back in the fall?

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Was he just working out? How did he hurt it?

Quote Originally Posted by 57stratdawg View Post
    Itís not a huge deal with DTs to tear an ACL. At least not compared to a rush DE or skill position. Gotta think heíll miss most of the 2019 season though.
    It may not be a huge deal to you but if it costs him too many draft spots, it will be a huge deal to him and his family because he would never get that money back.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyDawg13 View Post
    Is it too late for him to stay @ MSU? Rehab all summer, come back in the fall?
    Hired agent, his amateur status is done...

Yep, he was working out for the draft. I saw a video somewhere of him and was surprised at the level of complexity for a DT. Very agile testing.

I'm sure his agent procured an insurance policy for this, to make up for that lost $$.

If not, that agent should never work again.

Unbelievably sad situation. Lost some money, but I just can't imagine he will drop past the 2nd round. His talent is just too great.

He actually didnít sign with an agent, heís representing himself. The deadline to come back to school was Jan 14th though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawdawg View Post
    I'm sure his agent procured an insurance policy for this, to make up for that lost $$.

If not, that agent should never work again.
    I'm not sure if it is that simple but I hope for his sake, you are correct.

You're right, it's more complicated, and might not make up the difference entirely. Plus it'll depend on the terms - for instance, a policy may provide coverage if he falls to the 4th round but not if he only falls to 2nd.

Schools can pay policy premiums for athletes, so hopefully he already had a policy in place during the season and then updated/got another when he declared.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceBruce View Post
    He actually didnít sign with an agent, heís representing himself.
    This surprises me if true.

And om fans all over fb are celebrating it

Of course they are, what else do they have to celebrate?

Just makes you sick for the guy. In an era where a lot of dudes skip bowl games to protect their draft status, Simmons was unselfish and played in the bowl game (played really well, too), and then got hurt on a dumb routine drill a month later. Almost seems unfair.

If he does fall to the second round, someone is going to get an absolute steal. This may cost him the big payday he was expecting as a rookie, but I fully believe he will play himself into a much bigger one 3-4 years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by gymdawg View Post
    And om fans all over fb are celebrating it
    Expected. They are elitist, pious assholes.

Folks, don't worry too much about his financial future. No way he didn't have an insurance policy, and though a slip in draft position could cost him $millions, he is going to collect $millions upon $millions anyway through the policy and whatever contract he does get.

As I understand it, these policies typically pay out the difference between what he was likely to make at his projected spot and where he ends up after the injury. If injury is severe enough to not be able to ever play again, it would pay out $millions. Unless this young man gets just plain stupid with his money, or lets someone take advantage of him, he and his family are set for life financially regardless of what effect the injury has on his draft status.

How worried would you be if it happened to you and you collected several $million at the ripe old age of 21? Might be upset you didn't get to play or play at your best in the NFL, but money should not be a problem for him ever again.

Elite in their own minds which is the crux of the problem.

nm
    I don't always drink but when I do I become a message board genius**