Thread: OT: Brent Cobb

What Would Freezus Do? hatfieldms's Avatar

OT: Brent Cobb

If you are into the alt-country/Americana genre and not listening to Brent Cobb you are doing yourself a huge disservice. One of the better ones out there at the moment

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Left Field Lofts | Left Field Dumpster Yes | No

I’ll check him out.

Hayes Carll and Ryan Bingham’s new albums have been good so far.

So far I like Hayes Carllís newest album better between the two. But check out Brent Cobb. Dude is so damn good

Opened for Stapleton in Brandon. I think he got nominated for a Grammy on his first album. I like his stuff. Last album I listened to was something Canyon or something like that

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Thanks for the heads up. Two songs from Will Stewart - County Seat and Sipsey are more than worth a listen. Over all the album is alright but these two are really good.

Providence Canyon. Such a great album

Always appreciate these threads. Lot of good music comes across. Where if found out about Sturgil Simpson. Thanks.

Shovels & Rope. I don't think I have seen them mentioned before, so I'll throw that one out there. Be sure to check out their earlier stuff when they were making albums separately as Michael Trent and Cary Ann Hearst.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Cary Ann Hearst is originality from Mississippi. Her first cousin is a SPS member (lurker). Youíre right ó their early stuff is fantastic. They have a new album coming out, and I have heard itís great.

Heís performing next month at Duling Hall. Iím torn between seeing him or Mavis Staples at Thalia Mara that same night.

They had a great show last year at Duling Hall. Theyíre opening for Tedeschi Trucks at Brandon in July (Blackberry Smoke is also playing).

Quote Originally Posted by hatfieldms View Post
    If you are into the alt-country/Americana genre and not listening to Brent Cobb you are doing yourself a huge disservice. One of the better ones out there at the moment
    Second this!! Providence Canyon and Shine On Rainy Day are both GREAT albums

He also has two more older albums in the iTunes Store that are really good

yes! These guys are awesome.
    Hail State, Braves, Panthers, Liverpool