Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 188
  1. #1

    LOCKED - OT: Driving on the highway

    Slow down assholes. I spent 3 hours driving on I75 today doing 78mph in a 70 and had roughly 50 cars up my ass over the course of the trip with their lights shining all up in the mirrors pissed cause I wouldn't move over to the right for them. I'm already driving illegally over the speed limit and there's a never ending line of semis on the right side of the road. Being a dangerous dickhead because you'd like to speed more illegally than I am doesn't make people move over for you. It just makes you a dangerous driver and a dickhead. Sorry rant over but I know at least half this board is that same asshole on the highway driving 90mph at night.
    Last edited by dawgstudent; 03-07-2019 at 04:39 PM.


    2 out of 70 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  2. #2
    Yeah I was leaving Florence, AL the other day and doing 70 on Cox Creek (which is a 55 on the outskirts] in the left lane and had somebody flashing their lights at me to get over despite slower traffic on the right. I just shook my head and continued on.
    Last edited by DoomSlayer; 03-06-2019 at 12:03 AM.


    1 out of 7 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  3. #3
    If you're not actively passing someone and driving in the left lane with people on your tail, then you're the asshole.


    75 out of 79 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    If you're not actively passing someone and driving in the left lane with people on your tail, then you're the asshole.
    This is correct and it's also illegal to ride in the left lane if you aren't passing a slower vehicle in the right.


    28 out of 29 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  5. #5
    Not really sure what you want to accomplish here?

    We all deal with assholes (and are ones sometimes) on a near daily basis. No need to start a thread for assholes to bitch at each other about who the bigger asshole is...

    Asshole**


    8 out of 8 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    If you're not actively passing someone and driving in the left lane with people on your tail, then you're the asshole.
    There was a hilarious thread about this a few months ago. Some poster said he only drives in the left lane, because it usually in better shape than the right lane. Thus keeps his car in better condition. The replies were awesome.


    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by sayit View Post
    This is correct and it's also illegal to ride in the left lane if you aren't passing a slower vehicle in the right.
    You missed the part about the never ending line of semis on the right side that I am continuously passing already. I'm already doing 8 mph over the limit. I don't need to be forced to move over into little pockets of space in between two semis thus also forcing me to slow down to the two semis pace just so the asshole behind me can drive 85 mph.
    Last edited by DAWG61; 03-06-2019 at 06:14 AM.


    4 out of 26 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by She Mate Me View Post
    Not really sure what you want to accomplish here?
    I'd like to have a little back and forth with the same type of asshole I just encountered fifty times on the highway doing over 85 mph at night so maybe further on down the line they might not be so aggressive on the highways. We all drive on the same highways all the time. Odds are most of us will cross each other's paths on the highways at some point in our lives.


    0 out of 9 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  9. #9
    This line of thinking is always funny to me. ďIím tryna break the law and speed, why you tryna break the law and cruise in the left.Ē Completely agree that the right lane is for driving and the left for passing. If you donít do this you are the problem.


    6 out of 6 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  10. #10
    lol


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  11. #11
    TrueMaroonGrind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Olive Branch, MS
    Posts
    2,844
    If there were 50 cars that did that to you then you need to pay more attention to proactively get in the right lane when you are coming up on traffic on your right side. You have to go along to get along on the interstate.

    Speed limits don't really mean much on the interstate. The main people who cause issues are gram and gramps booking it at 45 and idiots going close to 100.


    2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  12. #12
    If you drive directly on the crown of the highway that is in the center of the road it's a lot smoother ride because it's the road less traveled


    11 out of 11 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  13. #13
    Iíd take 50 90mph a-holes over one a-hole that wonít use cruise control and passes me every 5 miles.


    23 out of 24 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  14. #14
    Move over to the right ...this is not complicated.


    11 out of 12 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  15. #15
    SixPack's Official Farmer DesotoCountyDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,363
    Iíd also like to add as someone who drives semis, respect the big trucks. We canít immediately stop after you decide to pass and then turn immediately. 80,000 pounds doesnít exactly stop on a dime.








    8 out of 8 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  16. #16
    My question is were these trucks you were passing stacked up bumper to bumper or were there gaps in between them?

    I drive I 10 everyday and it seems there is always some jackass camped out in the left lane ďpassingĒ trucks, but there are large gaps between the trucks. If it takes you more than a minute or 2 before youíre passing the next slow moving vehicle - get your ass over and let faster moving traffic move on. Then when you come up on the next truck, pass it and get back over in the next gap...


    6 out of 6 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgoneyall View Post
    Move over to the right ...this is not complicated.
    Ok so move over to the right fifty times and then back over to the left another fifty times so the guy doing 85 mph at night doesn't have to pass on the right one time.


    1 out of 15 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by DAWG61 View Post
    Ok so move over to the right fifty times and then back over to the left another fifty times so the guy doing 85 mph at night doesn't have to pass on the right one time.
    Yes

    ETA: it was probably 50 cars because you had them stacked up behind you because you were camped out in the left lane for so long. Multiple cars would have passed you each time if youíd have moved to the right so your probably only looking at getting over 5-10 times. At that point the ďstackĒ would have been cleared and everyone is happy.
    Last edited by woozman; 03-06-2019 at 07:07 AM.


    10 out of 10 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  19. #19
    I usually cruise around the same speed as you. If Iím coming up on slower traffic I check my mirror. If thereís faster traffic coming I wait on them before moving in the left lane. If it looks like Iíll be stuck in the right lane then Iíll merge with the left lane and match their speed until I can get back in the right lane to resume my speed. Mostly because I donít want to be the asshole forces everyone else to adapt to me.

    Itís also illegal in some states. http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/201.../HB/HB0080.xml


    12 out of 12 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  20. #20
    Bruiser is an admitted left lane loser. He was proud of it.


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    Bruiser is an admitted left lane loser. He was proud of it.
    Shocker**


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by DAWG61 View Post
    Slow down assholes. I spent 3 hours driving on I75 today doing 78mph in a 70 and had roughly 50 cars up my ass over the course of the trip with their lights shining all up in the mirrors pissed cause I wouldn't move over to the right for them. I'm already driving illegally over the speed limit and there's a never ending line of semis on the right side of the road. Being a dangerous dickhead because you'd like to speed more illegally than I am doesn't make people move over for you. It just makes you a dangerous driver and a dickhead. Sorry rant over but I know at least half this board is that same asshole on the highway driving 90mph at night.
    Maybe you should stay off the interstate. Chances are, if you were going 78, you came up on several cars that were gong slower and they moved over for you. What about a car going 73, should they not move over for you because they are speeding? Just cause youíre going above the speed limit does not mean you should camp out in the left lane.


    11 out of 11 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  23. #23
    What Would Freezus Do? hatfieldms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,353
    Yes. If people are coming up behind you move over and let them over. The 18 wheelers are not so stacked up in the right lane that you cannot move over for a few seconds


    7 out of 7 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, MS
    Posts
    2,154
    Quote Originally Posted by DAWG61 View Post
    You missed the part about the never ending line of semis on the right side that I am continuously passing already. I'm already doing 8 mph over the limit. I don't need to be forced to move over into little pockets of space in between two semis thus also forcing me to slow down to the two semis pace just so the asshole behind me can drive 85 mph.
    think that perhaps there is a small chance that this person is racing to get someone to the hospital in a life or death situation or they are hurrying to get somewhere to see a dying loved one. I know that is a long shot but it does happen. It happened to me, and I was grateful that every single one moved over. So, just move yourself over as soon as possible and give them the road.
    ​To live in the hearts of ones left behind is not to die.


    11 out of 11 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    622
    Left lane vs right lane has nothing to do with speed limit.
    Last edited by turkish; 03-06-2019 at 07:37 AM.


    5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  26. #26
    One Call. That's All Lawdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4,494
    ďThe speed limit is a LIMIT, not a GOAL.Ē - mom


    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  27. #27
    I drive 78 in a 70 all the time. And I KEEP MY ASS IN THE RIGHT OR CENTER LANE UNLESS I'M PASSING. Move the 17 over asshole!


    17 out of 18 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  28. #28
    WilCoDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Carpetbagger City, TN
    Posts
    2,105
    Iím reminded of this when you say there were 50 assholes behind you
    Name:  500C63CA-CDD2-4AC6-9CAD-6920C275FCB0.png
Views: 1894
Size:  85.2 KB


    15 out of 15 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  29. #29
    aTotal360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Starkville, MS
    Posts
    13,849
    Isn't it illegal to pass on the right?
    90 percent of college football teams do not cheat...the other 10 percent are ranked.


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  30. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by patdog View Post
    I drive 78 in a 70 all the time. And I KEEP MY ASS IN THE RIGHT OR CENTER LANE UNLESS I'M PASSING. Move the 17 over asshole!
    If you and I are doing the same speed you and I aren't ever in this scenario with each other ever. It's actually safer for both drivers for me to correctly assume the aggressive 85 mph driver behind me will pass on the right instead of both of us then moving to the right at the same time as they are speeding up. I say it's correct because the aggressive driver passes on the right 100% of the time.


    0 out of 17 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  31. #31
    I don't care how ya'll drive just stay out of my way!


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  32. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by DAWG61 View Post
    Slow down assholes. I spent 3 hours driving on I75 today doing 78mph in a 70 and had roughly 50 cars up my ass over the course of the trip with their lights shining all up in the mirrors pissed cause I wouldn't move over to the right for them. I'm already driving illegally over the speed limit and there's a never ending line of semis on the right side of the road. Being a dangerous dickhead because you'd like to speed more illegally than I am doesn't make people move over for you. It just makes you a dangerous driver and a dickhead. Sorry rant over but I know at least half this board is that same asshole on the highway driving 90mph at night.
    Move over idiot.


    10 out of 10 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  33. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiem For A Dawg View Post
    There was a hilarious thread about this a few months ago. Some poster said he only drives in the left lane, because it usually in better shape than the right lane. Thus keeps his car in better condition. The replies were awesome.
    This is true on highway 25 between Sand Hill and Louisville, North and South bound.


    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  34. #34
    HELL OUTTA MY WAY 17FACE


    2 out of 4 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  35. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueMaroonGrind View Post
    If there were 50 cars that did that to you then you need to pay more attention to proactively get in the right lane when you are coming up on traffic on your right side.
    This is what I think he is not grasping. Move to the right in the gaps when 2-3 cars come up on you and let them pass. Get back over to pass the next truck and when 2-3 cars come up on you get back over. Like another poster mentioned speed up a little and then get over and resume normal speed. If he did have 50 cars stacked behind him tells me he was camped out for a loooong time.

    It amazes me that people have no clue how to drive on the interstate. Hell, Iíll even slow down for a few minutes in the right lane to let people pass so that I donít have people riding my ass when I get over to pass. Sounds like OP needs to try this approach since he seems so triggered about having people riding him.

    Bottom line is - if you have 50 cars riding each otherís ass because youíve been camped out in the left lane for 15-minutes then you are the problem and you are the one that is increasing the danger for everyone because some other jackass is going to try to pass on the right doing 90...


    5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  36. #36
    KentuckyDawg13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,175
    Dude, if you have people coming up behind in the left lane, move over. It's not rocket science. You are not driving fast enough to camp out in the left lane. Here in Kentucky it is really bad, as there are multiple people sitting in the left lane going below the speed limit. And the left lane is the smoothest so I get that aspect. I will set my cruise, sit in the left until cars approach from behind, then move over. It's called being a good human.


    8 out of 8 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  37. #37
    No. Youíll never be a problem for me. But youíre a danger to others. Itís NEVER safer to force faster drivers to pass on the right. Learn how to drive.


    15 out of 16 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  38. #38
    Maroon Eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    A Vienna Sewer Tunnel
    Posts
    11,046
    I probably drive about as fast as you & I usually stay on the right lane.


    3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  39. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by DAWG61 View Post
    Ok so move over to the right fifty times and then back over to the left another fifty times so the guy doing 85 mph at night doesn't have to pass on the right one time.
    Yes! Yes! Yes!


    11 out of 11 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

  40. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by DAWG61 View Post
    If you and I are doing the same speed you and I aren't ever in this scenario with each other ever. It's actually safer for both drivers for me to correctly assume the aggressive 85 mph driver behind me will pass on the right instead of both of us then moving to the right at the same time as they are speeding up. I say it's correct because the aggressive driver passes on the right 100% of the time.
    I don’t encourage left lane driving contnuously at all, but there is an element of truth to this. Can’t even count how many times I’ve been passing someone in the left lane and tried to get over to the right as soon as possible so that Joe Dipshit on my rear bumper with testicles hanging on his trailer hitch can go 100 like he wants to, only to have to immediately have to swerve back into the left lane because Joe Dipshit shoots a 15 foot gap between my right tail light and the other vehicle’s left front signal light. This usually happens in spite of my signal indicating I’m about to get over. It’s infuriating.

    And another thing, regardless of lane of travel or surrounding circumstances, ANYONE who trails closer than 20-30 feet or so away from the vehicle in front of them in an environment where everyone is going 70-80mph minimum is an absolute 100% unquestioned asshole of epic proportions that is endangering the lives of everyone in all directions of their vehicle. And they are 100% worse than anyone who hangs out in the left lane, no matter how annoying that might be for all of us.
    Last edited by Go Budaw; 03-06-2019 at 08:41 AM.


    4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post
    Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
SixPack Sponsors






Disclaimer: Neither this message board nor its rules and regulations are associated with Mississippi State University or any other Mississippi State sports website. Neither this message board nor its rules and regulations are associated with Scottish & Newcastle PLC d/b/a Bulldog Strong Ale. The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author. The contents of this page have not been reviewed or approved by SixPackSpeak.com. The interactive nature of the SixPackSpeak.com Discussion Forums makes it impossible for SixPackSpeak.com to assume responsibility for any of the content, including photographs and/or images, posted by participants. The ideas, suggestions, thoughts, recommendations, opinions, comments, advice, and observations made by participants of the interactive Discussion Forums are not endorsed by SixPackSpeak.com.