Hates Memphis

I donít think a lot of people, including myself, realized losing Stovall was

A huge deal. The whole complexion of the infield changed. Plus his bat was much better than Halterís. Canít fault him for leaving early. He deserved his shot. We really miss him though.

Left Field Lofts | Left Field Dumpster Yes | No

I didnít remember Stovall being a relief pitcher.

Hates Memphis
    Thatís not the point. Iím talking the course of a season, not a 3 game series. But since you brought it up, he makes most every one of those plays weíve booted this year. Any third baseman with a pulse saves us 8 runs. But our third baseman is having to play second.

Did we have a dead man on third?

Itís funny... I remember a few message boarders saying they were glad Stovall went pro because it made room for guys behind him with higher ceilings.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

This weekend was not about infield defense. We were totally inept at the plate, so we never had a chance. But even if we had been, our pitching would have assured a loss.

We are OK, but it was still very frustrating.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

You always want to strong up the middle, but this whole infield is awful

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem For A Dawg View Post
    Itís funny... I remember a few message boarders saying they were glad Stovall went pro because it made room for guys behind him with higher ceilings.
    Those people were insane, Stovall was elite defensively and very good offensively. He is one of the overall best 2nd baseman I have seen at MSU.