OT: Might be visiting Dallas, Tx this weekend. What to do?

Would like to know what the pack recommends are for Dallas. Girlfriend wanting to get out of Mississippi. Would like recommendations on what to do for a Saturday Sunday in Dallas. We’re up for anything.

Any do’s or don’t?

Left Field Lofts | Left Field Dumpster Yes | No

If youre willing to foot a pretty good bill, Town Hearth is still one of the better meals ive had anywhere in the country
    But get a reservation now

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

If she means anything to you, you'll take her to Medieval Times.
    90 percent of college football teams do not cheat...the other 10 percent are ranked.

stop in s’port to get selfie in front of the snow bowl statue then fill ur lungs with some nicotine for the long drive across the pine belt

If I had a day in Dallas, I’d hit Top Golf for games/early lunch, walk around the Galleria to cool off in the afternoon, head to Braindead Brewery for a late afternoon beer, grab a burger at Twisted Root for dinner, wander to a Deep Ellum bar for some live music, and cap the night off at Spearmint Rhino.

Not sure if it’s your thing, but Frisco has the National video game museum that’s pretty cool. You could hit up downtown Frisco while you’re there, or if they’re in town an FC Dallas match or Frisco Roughriders game.

Dallas Truck Yard is a must. Great beer selection, cool atmosphere and different food choices. Hit the Airstream bar out back for $2 Lone Star Light Tall Boys.
    Truckyarddallas.com

Quote Originally Posted by Baddmann View Post
    Dallas Truck Yard is a must. Great beer selection, cool atmosphere and different food choices. Hit the Airstream bar out back for $2 Lone Star Light Tall Boys.
    Truckyarddallas.com
    I second this. Great place to drink some Lone Star!

Third the Truck Yard. Get a cheesesteak. Lots of other bars in the area and a Trader Joe's.
    Deep Ellum has a lot of bars - Adair's Saloon, Mama Tried, Dots...
    Best high end restaurants are Al Bernaits and Bob's
    Tex mex and taco places everywhere
    Klyde Warren Park for food trucks and scenery
    North park mall, galleria or west village for shopping
    Aquarium, 6th floor/grassy knoll, Perot science museum if you are into that

Reunion tower at night is pretty cool if you're in the downtown area.

I spent a night in Dallas last year and friends took me to North Main BBQ in Euless— very good all you can eat BBQ. If you’re a foodie, the place has been featured on Food Network. Oh, they’re also BYOB.

Link.

We went a few weekends ago.

Dallas Truck Yard was fun, they have different food trucks on different nights so you can check their website to see what will be in the yard that night. Live music some nights.
    Deep Ellum is a really cool area to explore. Midtown looked cool too but it was raining badly the day we wanted to explore it.

I found a really great website www.guidelive.com that had a ton of info that was very helpful- definitely look at it.

If you want awesome BBQ, hit up Pecan Lodge. Get their early for a long line and they can run out.. Neighborhood Services is an awesome meal, the owner also owns town hearth. If you want some Tex mex, Mia’s on Lemmon ave, my personal fav.
    If you want the best and most expensive steak in Dallas, Nick and Sams.

If you are into politics at all, George W. Bush presidential library and museum is pretty cool.

Trapeze Club.

As a Dallasite, I only agree with Pecan Lodge/Deep Ellum (unless you don’t want to wait in line). Deep Ellum is a good choice for an all day affair. There’s a couple of breweries in the area and lots of cool shops and restaurants. I couldn’t disagree more with the truck yard. But Lower Greenville is a good area for dinner (HG SPLY is a good option). Downtown has some real good food. I don’t know how old you are but if you’re looking for bars Henderson is a good option. Dallas is a cultural desert. What I mean by that is there is nothing unique about it at all. Your standard large city. Plenty of good food but really nothing you leave saying “wow Dallas is a great city”. It’s not walkable so you need to pick an area and spend the evening there. I’d also suggest the arts district. There’s some good food over there and Community Brewing is over there for day drinking. Hope that helps

The Gaylord...Romantic..nice atrium inside to walk around, people watch...nice restaurants.....I don't know if their lazy river/water park is open but that would be a plus.
    If just you and girlfriend, you really don't have to go anyplace else.

Do you Sling?

Quote Originally Posted by BullDawgsAmen View Post
    Would like to know what the pack recommends are for Dallas. Girlfriend wanting to get out of Mississippi. Would like recommendations on what to do for a Saturday Sunday in Dallas. We’re up for anything.

Any do’s or don’t?
    It's hard to offer recs without ages, interests, etc.

For some daytime options, the Dallas Arboretum is really nice, if you like that sort of thing. Should be a good time of year for it. Nearby White Rock Lake has some kind of music festival going on this weekend.

Like tacos? There's a taco festival Saturday at the Dallas Farmers Market.

Fort Worth has a little more western flavor. The Stockyards can be fun. More of a kids thing to some. They have rodeos every Friday and Saturday nights. Joe T Garcia's in FW is a legendary Tex-Mex place that's famous for their fajitas.

If you're just wanting a swanky hotel, women seem to love Hotel Zaza in Dallas uptown but it's pricey. Lots of restaurants and bars in the area.

2nd, 3rd and 4th this. Town Hearth is the tits, especially for a date night.

Nick and Sam's for steak, or Javier's for upscale Mexican. Can't go wrong with either place.

See if anyone is playing at the Rustic later on in the night. Cool place.

Bonus pick: if y'all are even slightly into country music, line dancing, or watching hot women line dance on bars, I would hit up Cowboys Red River... I'm not into the dancing myself, but it's a great time. It's like a Vegas club that plays country music. That's one of my favorite spots in town if you catch it on the right night.

Delete
    Last edited by preacher_dawg; 04-21-2019 at 11:26 PM.

If you’re into history then a stop in Dealey Plaza is a must. Literally feels like nothing in that area has changed at all in 50 plus years.

Twitter
    @clayvaughn33
    I'll second this.
    I've polished a seat in every SEC football stadium with my butt.

J_e M__rhead - Where's the O?

Quote Originally Posted by DAWGS1 View Post
    If you’re into history then a stop in Dealey Plaza is a must. Literally feels like nothing in that area has changed at all in 50 plus years.

And the Sixth Floor Museum that goes with it.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

I was recently in Dallas on a Monday, when unfortunately Pecan Lodge was closed. I went to Lockhart Smokehouse and really liked it.