Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT: New TV Show

Cheers. Good show.

Left Field Lofts | Left Field Dumpster Yes | No

I sped through the first three seasons and loved every second of it, but a few episodes into season four I feel like Iíve hit a wall. I donít feel like thereís any momentum anywhere and it feels so formulaic. Please tell me Iím wrong there because I just canít bring myself to watch the last few eps.

Madmen is my favorite...

Just finished watching the entire series for the third time. Set throughout the 60ís on Madison Avenue.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Boardwalk Empire if you can access HBO app. Kind of like The Sopranos set in the Prohibition Era. Great acting, costumes, sets, etc.

If you've seen Breaking Bad, but not You Better Call Saul, then you have to watch the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopdog View Post
    Just finished watching the entire series for the third time. Set throughout the 60ís on Madison Avenue.
    Beat me to it. Madmen is outstanding.

Peaky Blinders. Turn. Hand of God. As someone else suggested, Man In The High Castle (especially if you like, "what-ifs", as in, what if the Nazi's and Imperialist Japan had won the war).

Quote Originally Posted by WutheringDawg View Post
    I sped through the first three seasons and loved every second of it, but a few episodes into season four I feel like Iíve hit a wall. I donít feel like thereís any momentum anywhere and it feels so formulaic. Please tell me Iím wrong there because I just canít bring myself to watch the last few eps.
    Of billions? The fourth season has been great. Itís a lot more fun watching chuck and axe work together.

Madmen is good tv. Have watched it several times though. Madmen would have been really interesting on hbo. AMC put out some really good shows during that time frame. Writing was excellent and the acting was too.

Billions has been one of my favorite shows in a long time. It's up there with Mad Men and Hell on Wheels for me. I also really like the Blacklist.
    What's the difference in a Hippo and a Zippo?

One is a little lighter

Barry cracks me up. A show I didn't have high hopes for but talk about over delivering. Trying to get Barry to climb up on the roof after then 10 yr old freak girl was hilarious.

One is a little lighter

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

As good as the first episode was, week 2 was even better. As someone brought up in a Chernobyl thread, if the accuracy is correct MG is not gonna conme off in a positive light. We saw that in E2

One is a little lighter

Punisherís great. I think I give Daredevil the slight edge simply because it has a full cast of really good characters, but Punisher is fantastic either way. I really enjoyed both seasons

You know, I actually had some mixed feelings about episode 1, but this weekís show completely hooked me. It was really good, and I guess that I never realized that no matter how bad the initial incident was, it had a chance to get much, much worse

They got the master tapes to that Elvis Costello song and added the female vocal for the season 2 theme song.

The Expanse. Best sci-fi show since Battlestar reboot and I think a top 5 sci-fi show of all time.
    Last edited by holydawg; 05-16-2019 at 08:53 AM.

No recommendation. Just doing my part to make this thread as long as possible. pusscake61, this post is for you

It's not nearly as serious as these others, but for entertainment and nostalgia

I have gotten my money's worth out of Cobra Kai. It's pretty funny, and has nods to the original movies that keep me engaged.

My 13 year old self wouldn't believe I'm saying this, but Johnny Lawrence is waaay more likeable than Danny LaRusso.

Quote Originally Posted by Junction John View Post
    I have gotten my money's worth out of Cobra Kai. It's pretty funny, and has nods to the original movies that keep me engaged.

My 13 year old self wouldn't believe I'm saying this, but Johnny Lawrence is waaay more likeable than Danny LaRusso.
    That's because Daniel was the real bully in the original movie.

Last edited by FQDawg; 05-16-2019 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RotorHead View Post
    Punisher is my favorite out of the comic book-turned-tv-shows, I really enjoyed it.
    Agreed. That series was really good. Hated to hear that they canceled it.

Sherlock is the best show I've ever watched.

All seasons are on Netflix. Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. It's a series of 3 mini-movies per season that can stand alone but also have a long beginning to end story arc. It's just phenomenal.

Lazor Wulf Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lazurwolf.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	12963

Quote Originally Posted by ShrubDog View Post
    I really like Ozark and havenít gotten neck deep into bloodline yet.
    Ozark and Bloodline are two of my absolute favorites. I really liked The Killing as well, but they took it off Netflix.

Other shows that I really like
    The Society
    The Unbrella Academy
    Dead to Me
    Mad Men
    Parenthood
    Narcos
    Narcos Mexico
    Sex Education
    You

If you are into documentaries, check out
    Evil Genius
    Conversations with a Killer The Ted Bundy Tapes
    The Legend of Cocaine Island
    Wild, Wild Country

As Trojandawg said, they stopped filming Bloodline because the entertainment tax credit expired and filming in the keys made it very cost prohibitive without that. Netflix doesn't release ratings, so we don't know the viewership, but it's thought that was the reason. Bloodline is one of the first shows Netflix ever pulled the plug on.

Damn that show. I watched again this year. They find just enough weird shit that they keep you in.

Maybe make a new show called the Templars and Freemason's. Those <17>ers have done EVERYTHING!!!!