Dammit....i値l say it

The greatest hitter in the history of the sec is STRUGGLING. I think he is trying to show MLB teams power and he is simply not a power hitter. Other theories

0 out of 3 sixpackers like this post
    Left Field Lofts | Left Field Dumpster Yes | No

He's still getting adjusted to his second job as Mayor of Oxford.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

It痴 got to be exhausting carrying around two 400 lb testicles.

0 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

In before "that's baseball"

Swinging at a shit ton of bad pitches.

Jake has been thru several multi game slumps in his career, he will be fine.He will probably hit over .500 in the Regional

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Tough crowd

JHC!
    Jack may be gone, but he is "EVER PRESENT"

He is trying to decide about firing Bianco & interviewing potential Chancellor candidates - give him a damned break

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

I noticed tonight he was not swinging at the first pitch. That is very much unlike him and got him behind in the count almost every at bat.

He has been flat, hasn't he? Maybe he will figure out why and correct it, or someone will tell him what he is doing wrong, so he can correct it.

He was distracted by the rack in the pink shirt is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamoan View Post
    The greatest hitter in the history of the sec is STRUGGLING. I think he is trying to show MLB teams power and he is simply not a power hitter. Other theories
    He痴 not being picky enough with pitches. He knows he can hit nearly anything for a base hit, but he needs a more Ted Williams like approach. He値l hit his way out of this mini slump.

Looks to me like he is trying to lift the ball. He has the sec hits record and a national seed in his back pocket and now he is trying to improve his draft stock by displaying power. Just a humble opinion. Jake, forget that. Get on base and everything else will take care of itself. Prep brother will figure that out.

0 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Swinging at a shit ton of bad pitches.
    This. It's really simple. He's swinging at every thing. Pitchers are throwing stuff well off the plate becausE they know he will go for it. I know that's Jake's nature and he's been all everything with his aggressive approach. He'll get back going soon.

**** you. There, I said it.

Even though Jake may be in a mini-slump he worked the pitcher Thursday night, fouling off pitch after pitch until he finally got beaned and got on base. The SC pitcher was never the same afterwards and broke the game open after that at bat. Even when slumping he can be a major force.

There isn稚 a doubt in my mind he will come out of it and in a big way