1> UCLA
    2>Vandy
    3>Hail State
    4>Arkansas -/ think they lose tomorrow
    5>Louisville
    6>Stanford
    7>E Carolina
    8> Ga Tech

Georgia could make a case if they win tomorrow and win a couple in Bham.

Roll Tide What? | 17 You Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by DAWGS1 View Post
    I have ...
    1> UCLA
    2>Vandy
    3>Hail State
    5>Louisville
    6>Stanford
    7>E Carolina
    8> Ga Tech

What? Georgia is a lock. They have basically the same resume as Arkansas. You need to bump Stanford out of there and replace with Georgia. Iíd also probably swap ECU and Louisville but thatís just me.

4 SEC schools - Vandy, MSU, UPIG, & Georgia then UCLA is a lock along with East Carolina. Louisville, Stanford, Texas Tech & Georgia Tech re playing for the last 2 spots. Louisville & Stanford probably have them tonight.

Stanford about to be 40-9 on the season and 20 wins in Conf and ranked in Top 3
    Their RPI is/was 12

Southern Miss, at least for now, has dropped out of the RPI Top 50. If that holds, this gives us 2 fewer Q1 wins and a Q2 loss. Need them to win some games down the stretch to bolster our resume.

Just saw where Louisville lost to FSU tonight
    They are out.
    UGA in at #7 or #8

Quote Originally Posted by DAWGS1 View Post
    I have ...
    1> UCLA
    2>Vandy
    3>Hail State
    5>Louisville
    6>Stanford
    7>E Carolina
    8> Ga Tech

Does anyone think the selection committee thumbs their nose at the polls and awards us 1 or 2 seed due to overall resume?

I mean, why should polls matter more than overall resume? I just want a matchup with the lowest ranked regional winner possible if we were to emerge from our own.

Oh, and conference records seem to be incomparable between conferences and should not be why Tennessee should be sweating. They should be worried about the number of bad losses or lack of quality wins overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Jeffrey View Post
    Southern Miss, at least for now, has dropped out of the RPI Top 50. If that holds, this gives us 2 fewer Q1 wins and a Q2 loss. Need them to win some games down the stretch to bolster our resume.
    Nah, donít overthink it. Even with USM being outside the Top 50, our resume is elite.

I think the NCAA committee picks consistently from RPI over the polls.

Quote Originally Posted by mount lefroy View Post
    Does anyone think the selection committee thumbs their nose at the polls and awards us 1 or 2 seed due to overall resume?

I mean, why should polls matter more than overall resume? I just want a matchup with the lowest ranked regional winner possible if we were to emerge from our own.

Oh, and conference records seem to be incomparable between conferences and should not be why Tennessee should be sweating. They should be worried about the number of bad losses or lack of quality wins overall.
    I don't have any evidence, but I seem to remember it that RPI is more important than the polls in choosing seeding. To a point. I could see #9 RPI Tennessee getting bumped down for teams with better overall records and conference championships. I don't see any team with a #10-13 RPI passing State for a national seed.