OT: What's your favorite put out in baseball?

Thinking mine is a ball hit through the 3-4 hole - pulling 1st baseman off. Batter makes a hard turn to second and the RFer comes up firing the ball to 1st where the catcher is waiting to make the tag..

It's rare but when it happens it's awesome.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Left Field Lofts | Left Field Dumpster Yes | No

Easy answer...

90 percent of college football teams do not cheat...the other 10 percent are ranked.

Why not just throw em out at first?

A drunk coed on the pitcher's mound.

I'm partial to catchers' back picks at first (mostly) or third.

Smart unconventional DPs are great as well.

Not an answer to the question, but great fielding pitchers like Maddox are a joy to watch.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Any throw out from the outfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmettodog View Post
    Any throw out from the outfield.
    Rick Ankiel.

Former pitcher, but he had a straight up gun at center.

Think I will stay in theme and say, the dropped 3rd strike throw down to first by the catcher.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Greg Maddux was a good fielding pitcher too

Throw from 3rd baseman in foul territory to first. Long throw and takes a quick switch out of left glove, good hands and a cannon right arm

9-2. Specifically when Hunter Renfroe was in RF at State
    Last edited by notoriousD_O_G; 05-23-2019 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by msubrave View Post
    Greg Maddux was a good fielding pitcher too
    Eh. His doppelganger was better.

Dawg61Dickhead got you gun shy, Itta Bena. This in no way is OT. Carry on buddy

I almost hate to reply in this thread again, but, last I heard of him he was attempting another comeback as a pitcher.

Yes he is. I think he has had a little tendinitis that has slowed him down. Says he's really only doing it because his boys are getting older and wanting to see him try once more. Says the yips are behind him but that's what everyone that gets them said.

I got to go watch him pitch at Memphis when he was 19, it was the old Tim McCarver stadium and I was sitting in the first town right behind home plate. When I played I hit some guys throwing low to mid 80s but it didn't make a sound. Sitting about 15-20' from the plate, you could hear his fastballs whistling just before the crack of the mitt. And his curve from that view was just unbelievable. 12-6 isn't accurate enough. That thing would come in about letter high and within the span of 4-6 feet the catcher was receiving it at the shins. Just unfair movement. I was a senior in high school and skipped class to come home to watch him vs the Braves in the 2000 NLDS. I was pale in the and absolutely sick at my stomach as I watched. If only Mike Matheny hadnt of sliced his hand open a few days earlier on a hunting knife bday gift. I really think he could have calmed Rick down, instead it was Carlos Hernandez if I remember correctly, a midseason pickup from SD it seems, and he just couldn't reel Rick back in. What might have been. The Natural.

His dad was a coke dealer as he grew up, so he had a lot of issues that took him years to wade through.
    What's the difference in a Hippo and a Zippo?

One is a little lighter