Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    The General HD6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    8,388

    WATCH: Coach Chris Lemonis at the College World Series Opening Press Conference

    Coach Chris Lemonis joined the three other coaches playing on Sunday here at the College World Series to talk with the local media. Hear from the Mississippi State skipper as well as Vanderbilt head coach Tim Corbin, Louisville head coach Dan McDonnell, and Auburn head coach Butch Thompson, who had plenty to say about his … Continue reading "WATCH: Coach Chris Lemonis at the College World Series Opening Press Conference"

    More...


    Left Field Lofts | Left Field Dumpster Yes | No

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by HD6 View Post
    Coach Chris Lemonis joined the three other coaches playing on Sunday here at the College World Series to talk with the local media. Hear from the Mississippi State skipper as well as Vanderbilt head coach Tim Corbin, Louisville head coach Dan McDonnell, and Auburn head coach Butch Thompson, who had plenty to say about his … Continue reading "WATCH: Coach Chris Lemonis at the College World Series Opening Press Conference"

    More...
    Butch made a good point. They won 5 road games to get there (like Michigan). Louisville, State and Vandy all won at home. The insinuation may be that they are a bit more prepared for the foreign environment than the others.

    It may very well help them in the first couple of innings. We are a middle inning team.


    Left Field Lofts | Left Field Dumpster Yes | No

  3. #3
    Maroon Eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    A Vienna Sewer Tunnel
    Posts
    8,103
    Considering the Tigers scored 13 runs in the first inning of their previous game, I don't want Auburn to have *any* help at all.


    Left Field Lofts | Left Field Dumpster Yes | No

  4. #4

    They got started, with a BUNCH of walks

    Not against E. Small.
    Jack may be gone, but he is "EVER PRESENT"


    Left Field Lofts | Left Field Dumpster Yes | No

  5. #5
    To me it’s really this simple. Don’t walk people and make errors, and we are going to win.


    Left Field Lofts | Left Field Dumpster Yes | No

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroon Eagle View Post
    Considering the Tigers scored 13 runs in the first inning of their previous game, I don't want Auburn to have *any* help at all.
    UNC started their closer. He walked the 1st four batters of the game (on 20 pitches) and was pulled. Terrible spot for UNC to be going to their bullpen with bases loaded and nobody out in the top of the 1st.


    Left Field Lofts | Left Field Dumpster Yes | No

  7. #7
    Oddly coincidental group of coaches. All of them were linked to our job at one time or another last year.


    Left Field Lofts | Left Field Dumpster Yes | No

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by mount lefroy View Post
    Butch made a good point. They won 5 road games to get there (like Michigan). Louisville, State and Vandy all won at home. The insinuation may be that they are a bit more prepared for the foreign environment than the others.

    It may very well help them in the first couple of innings. We are a middle inning team.
    We are going to beat that ASS I don't care if they started Nolen Ryan.


    Left Field Lofts | Left Field Dumpster Yes | No

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mount lefroy View Post
    Butch made a good point. They won 5 road games to get there (like Michigan). Louisville, State and Vandy all won at home. The insinuation may be that they are a bit more prepared for the foreign environment than the others.

    It may very well help them in the first couple of innings. We are a middle inning team.
    Our entire team of starters played there last year, and there will be 6 thousand state fans in the stands compared to about 500 at most Auburn fans. The environment is going to be a de facto home game for us and our players are the ones who have played in that park and atmosphere, not them.


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Left Field Lofts | Left Field Dumpster Yes | No

  10. #10
    Nolan Ryan is 72 years old. We would rip that guy.


    2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Left Field Lofts | Left Field Dumpster Yes | No

  11. #11

    You still wouldn't charge the mound on his old ass



    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Left Field Lofts | Left Field Dumpster Yes | No

  12. #12
    I know this word is against the rules on SPS, but Butch Thompson is a classy guy.


    2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Left Field Lofts | Left Field Dumpster Yes | No

  13. #13
    Ha, you right! Hell i shouldn’t have said “we” either. I couldn’t hit off 72 year old Nolan.


    Left Field Lofts | Left Field Dumpster Yes | No

  14. #14


    Left Field Lofts | Left Field Dumpster Yes | No

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiem For A Dawg View Post
    I know this word is against the rules on SPS, but Butch Thompson is a classy guy.
    Agreed. We got to know him and his family while they were here. Great people. I’ll wish them well wherever they are.


    Left Field Lofts | Left Field Dumpster Yes | No

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
SixPack Sponsors







Disclaimer: Neither this message board nor its rules and regulations are associated with Mississippi State University or any other Mississippi State sports website. Neither this message board nor its rules and regulations are associated with Scottish & Newcastle PLC d/b/a Bulldog Strong Ale. The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author. The contents of this page have not been reviewed or approved by SixPackSpeak.com. The interactive nature of the SixPackSpeak.com Discussion Forums makes it impossible for SixPackSpeak.com to assume responsibility for any of the content, including photographs and/or images, posted by participants. The ideas, suggestions, thoughts, recommendations, opinions, comments, advice, and observations made by participants of the interactive Discussion Forums are not endorsed by SixPackSpeak.com.


Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties