WATCH: Coach Chris Lemonis at the College World Series Opening Press Conference

Coach Chris Lemonis joined the three other coaches playing on Sunday here at the College World Series to talk with the local media. Hear from the Mississippi State skipper as well as Vanderbilt head coach Tim Corbin, Louisville head coach Dan McDonnell, and Auburn head coach Butch Thompson, who had plenty to say about his … Continue reading "WATCH: Coach Chris Lemonis at the College World Series Opening Press Conference"

More...

Left Field Lofts | Left Field Dumpster Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by HD6 View Post
    Coach Chris Lemonis joined the three other coaches playing on Sunday here at the College World Series to talk with the local media. Hear from the Mississippi State skipper as well as Vanderbilt head coach Tim Corbin, Louisville head coach Dan McDonnell, and Auburn head coach Butch Thompson, who had plenty to say about his … Continue reading "WATCH: Coach Chris Lemonis at the College World Series Opening Press Conference"

More...
    Butch made a good point. They won 5 road games to get there (like Michigan). Louisville, State and Vandy all won at home. The insinuation may be that they are a bit more prepared for the foreign environment than the others.

It may very well help them in the first couple of innings. We are a middle inning team.

Considering the Tigers scored 13 runs in the first inning of their previous game, I don't want Auburn to have *any* help at all.

They got started, with a BUNCH of walks

Not against E. Small.
    Jack may be gone, but he is "EVER PRESENT"

To me it’s really this simple. Don’t walk people and make errors, and we are going to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Maroon Eagle View Post
    Considering the Tigers scored 13 runs in the first inning of their previous game, I don't want Auburn to have *any* help at all.
    UNC started their closer. He walked the 1st four batters of the game (on 20 pitches) and was pulled. Terrible spot for UNC to be going to their bullpen with bases loaded and nobody out in the top of the 1st.

Oddly coincidental group of coaches. All of them were linked to our job at one time or another last year.

Quote Originally Posted by mount lefroy View Post
    Butch made a good point. They won 5 road games to get there (like Michigan). Louisville, State and Vandy all won at home. The insinuation may be that they are a bit more prepared for the foreign environment than the others.

It may very well help them in the first couple of innings. We are a middle inning team.
    We are going to beat that ASS I don't care if they started Nolen Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by mount lefroy View Post

Our entire team of starters played there last year, and there will be 6 thousand state fans in the stands compared to about 500 at most Auburn fans. The environment is going to be a de facto home game for us and our players are the ones who have played in that park and atmosphere, not them.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Nolan Ryan is 72 years old. We would rip that guy.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

You still wouldn't charge the mound on his old ass

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

I know this word is against the rules on SPS, but Butch Thompson is a classy guy.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Ha, you right! Hell i shouldn’t have said “we” either. I couldn’t hit off 72 year old Nolan.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem For A Dawg View Post
    I know this word is against the rules on SPS, but Butch Thompson is a classy guy.
    Agreed. We got to know him and his family while they were here. Great people. I’ll wish them well wherever they are.