Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I think we’ve done this before, but since we have no MSU sports to talk about

I am interested in seeing how many of us on here didn’t graduate from state.
    I didn’t. I partied too much. Worked for a couple years, then finished up at William Carey. I have drawers full of MSU apparel. A flag outside my house. Car tag. English bulldogs. The only WCU item I own is a diploma. I know there’s more people like me on here.

Left Field Lofts | Left Field Dumpster Yes | No

Well, did you attend MSU.

if so, you would be a qualified alum (if there is such a thing)

Plenty of people in that category.

I did the 4 year deal.

My dad never attended MSU, but I did, mostly because of his influence.

I was brain washed...way back.
    Last edited by karlchilders; 06-23-2019 at 09:22 PM.
    Jack may be gone, but he is "EVER PRESENT"

Don’t post very often but I did graduate after 4.5 years.

I did attend, I just didn’t finish. So I’m no alum. I am going to get a 2nd masters in the near future, and I will probably do it through MSU.

I graduated on the 9 semester plan in December of 88, but I became a Bulldog when I attended my first football game in 74. No one before me in my family had attended MSU (lots of Ole Miss in the family). Our family business was Ag related, so MSU folks were our people. We started buying basketball season tickets when I was in high school. I lived out of state for a couple of years after finishing school. I have been buying football & basketball season tickets since I moved back to Mississippi in 91.
    Last edited by Willow Grove Dawg; 06-23-2019 at 10:04 PM.

Graduated after 5.5 years. Three brothers graduated. Wife graduated. It runs deep in the family.

alumnius

a graduate or formerstudent of a specificschool,college, or university.
    Jack may be gone, but he is "EVER PRESENT"

Class of ‘78. Daughter Class of ‘13

Took me all of 6 years plus a summer to go through Mississippi State, and they pretty much had to make me leave! I graduated in five years and came back to work on another degree (and court the girl who became my wife) before I decided to get a job and move to Atlanta. I was raised in a State family but I had an aunt & uncle who went to USM and I thought about that for a while in high school. Also MC offered me a big scholarship and I probably would have ended up there for financial reasons if State hadn't come through with the scholarship that made it coming to Starkville a no-brainer. Thank God! I am grateful every day to have attended State, to have lived on campus for 5 of my 6 years, and to still be involved with things there including the Famous Maroon Band and the Shackouls Honors College. I'm a VERY proud alumnus!

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

3 years of ICC night school and one year full time

Then, 1994-1996 Communications/English double major Yet, I have a feeling both schools would disown me today.

ETA: I was the first from either side of my family to graduate from a college or university. Most barely made it or did not make it out of high school.
    Last edited by IBleedMaroonDawg; 06-24-2019 at 10:12 AM.

Dec ‘85

Graduated from univ of Memphis...wore an msu button-up to graduation. A girl walks by and says in a smart ass tone and pointing at the msu insignia "youre at the wrong school." Me: yes, yes i am"

Same here. I was at State for several years, but spent too much time at the Landing and not enough time in class.

I finished up at South Alabama after working construction for a couple years: I have a State car tag, season ticket holder in FB, closet full of shirts, sign in the yard, etc.

Someone else already pointed it out - technically you are an alum if you attended even if you didn’t graduate.

Class of '76. One of my golf buds never attended State and is a diehard dog fan. He graduated from USM.

Associate Arts degree from Hinds and BS from State in Business...all in four years

Dec 1990 grad.

BS Civil Engineering 1998. Graduate work in Civil Engineering later.

I did, like my father before me. I proudly display my diploma at the office.

Grateful to those who 'Hail State!' out of something other than school loyalty.

It's like you're immigrants who achieved citizenship in the Bulldog Fandom. Don't let anyone tell you that you're not part of the family.

And you have every right to bitch and moan like the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg1976 View Post
    Class of '76. One of my golf buds never attended State and is a diehard dog fan. He graduated from USM.
    You golf with Rosebowl?

My first game was 1974 Auburn 24 State 20, then saw MSU 7 LSU 6 and finally MSU 31 OM 13. I was 8 and a Rickey Felker fan.

Graduated 1989(5 yr plan due to Co-op in Engineering). Dad Graduated in 1955, Wife in 1989 Son in 2018. Father in Law 67

Quote Originally Posted by Willow Grove Dawg View Post
    I graduated on the 9 semester plan in December of 88, but I became a Bulldog when I attended my first football game in 74. No one before me in my family had attended MSU (lots of Ole Miss in the family). Our family business was Ag related, so MSU folks were our people. We started buying basketball season tickets when I was in high school. I lived out of state for a couple of years after finishing school. I have been buying football & basketball season tickets since I moved back to Mississippi in 91.

I graduated in 4.5 years with two degrees from our great university. I was the

first male in my family to graduate college. Why MSU, I grew up and Ole Miss fan, loved Archie. I went on a recruiting trip to Oxford my senior year and didn't care for the place. The rest is history. Hail State!

My wife graduated from State and her family is mostly State people. My daughter just finished State and starts Med School in August. I think my
    son in committed to State but sometimes I wonder.
    Last edited by coach66; 06-24-2019 at 10:32 AM.
    I don't always drink but when I do I become a message board genius**

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Father graduated from State in '63, I graduated in 1998 and am about to get my PhD from State next year! Hail State!

Millsaps and Emory grad here, but my daughter has two degrees from MSU. When she chose MSU I bought all in with season tix in the big three sports and BC membership. In addition, I had a second cousin who was the first psychology professor at MSU in the early part of the 20th century, Dr. Cyril Cain. My association with MSU makes me very happy my daughter chose MSU.

First in my family to attend State. All others were Southern Miss. BS in Accounting from State in 1976, MBA in 1984. Father-in-law graduated State in 1948. We were both SAE’s. My good daughter graduated from State, my bad daughter from a school up the road. We still love her anyway.

I did not attend.

7 yr plan
    1st degree 92
    2nd degree 93

Twitter
    @jriley470
    Last edited by RotorHead; 06-24-2019 at 08:42 AM.

I’m a youngin...

Class of 2016. All four years. Dad attended state but didn’t finish here. Grandfather was class of ‘63.

Twitter
    @jriley470
    Grew up the grandson and nephew of die-hard ole miss family members. Me, wanting to be like my Grandfather, became an Ole Miss fan. After a year at Holmes (where I found out they don't care if you don't do your HW) and a year off for basic training, I checked out the ROTC program at USM, OM, and MSU. I liked MSU the most, the people were great, it had my degree program I was looking for, and the ROTC program was a lot more ideal than USM/OM. So, I graduated/commissioned from State in August of 13 after attending EMCC and ICC online in addition to state to get out on time.
    After I began attending State, my grandmother tells me that my Great Uncle was a State Grad, went through the ROTC program back in the late 40's/early 50's and went to Korea during the war. On my "State Wall" at home I've got my state diploma, a poster from my Uncle's era at State, and a letter from the Republic of Korea Minister of Agriculture thanking my Uncle for teaching Agriculture and Animal Husbandry to the people of Korea during/after the war.
    So, only two in the family went to State, but my 2 year old daughter can say "Hail State" and loves to ring a cowbell....so hopefully things are looking up

I'm a second generation MSU grad. My son just became the third generation.

Yo..class of '73, wifey '75 , 2 daughters one in '07 one in '09

4.5 years and graduated in 2013. My parents met at State and I met my wife at State. It would be pretty cool if my kids do the same.

My mom was the diehard in our family. I grew up listening to Jack with her a lot. She got me hooked in high school with basketball and the one good Croom year. Engineering appealed to me, so it was a no brainer when I started applying. It was the only place I applied.

It is safe to say we bleed maroon and white at my house.

Graduated from Ole Miss in 2006. Probably only Daily Mississippian sports editor to lay out newspaper wearing a MSU sweater.

Dad, Uncle, Multiple cousins, Father-in-Law, Mother-in-Law, Sister, Wife, Me, Daughter all graduated. Deep roots in Vegas.
    “I’m not going to take anything off the table at this point in time ... but I will tell you this,” Cohen began, “this person is going to have serious baseball experience as a head coach. This person is going to have made trips to Omaha, Nebraska. This person is going to have expertise in an area of the game and in all facets of the game. And this person is going to make our fan base very happy.” - Intense Bastard, April 5, 2018.

I never attended. I went to a community college in Bossier City and finished up at a satellite campus of LA Tech. Grew up a MSU fan though. I have zero allegiance to the Ruston Bulldogs.

Three degrees spanning 3 decades. Going to my first football game as a student hooked me.

I went to Ole Miss my first semester of college - hated it. Spent the next 2.5 years at Delta State - too boring. Spent the final 3 years at MSU - just right.

I have an MSU car tag, I drink beer in MSU huggies, but I've never owned a cowbell and don't care to.

I also attended LSU's graduate school of banking, so I guess I can wear my Geaux Tigahs hat, if I get drunk enough and can stomach it.

My dad went to Georgia Tech and I grew up a Tech fan. I went to the Citrus Bowl with him and we watched Tech win a share of the national title (UPI poll). My senior year in high school, most of what I wore was Georgia Tech shirts. I went to Connect with Tech and spent the night in a dorm there. Got a little bit of a scholarship. I knew I was going there. Then, I went to Mississippi State. My dad told me it would be ok for me to go to State, and to this day he thinks he influenced me to go here as opposed to Tech. He is wrong. Visiting Tech, I just never got the same feel that I did here. I fell in love with this place during the first football game as a student.

Met my wife at a football game my first year in grad school. It was her last semester as an undergrad. She stayed for grad school, so between us we have 4 degrees.

Spent 6 years in undergrad (1 of those was at Co-op) and 3 years in grad school. I got to see the highest points of MSU athletics. SECCG in football, 2 CWS in 97 and 98, Final Four, 2 SEC tournament championships and an SEC regular season championship in Men's basketball.

I quit but stayed in Starkville to live and work then went back after 12 years and graduated.

My Dad, best friend at he time and cousin all graduated from state. Brother in law and some of the wife's family attended. I partied. Way too much.