Thread: UFOs

UFOs

Anyone on hear had any UFO sightings? If so, letís hear em. I figure with all the hunters and fishermen there have to be some weird stories.

Left Field Lofts | Left Field Dumpster Yes | No

We need to pace ourselves on the OT threads. Y'all are going to burn through all the topics in the first week of summer.

9 out of 9 sixpackers like this post

I don't think this was a UFO but instead stealth bomber flying over. This was New Year's Eve probably 20 years ago and we were outside as our guests were leaving. And let me State I was stone cold sober. It was a clear warm night by 12/31 standards and I was standing out looking up at the stars. About that time I saw a triangular shaped craft flying over with no lights at all. Could barely make it out going across the sky. My first thought was what dumbass was drunk and decided to hang glide off a building. A hang glider is what came to mind as it was completely silent. I can't stress the silence part enough. It wasn't quiet. It was dead silent. About that time my dad saw it, too. He was the one that had the stealth bomber theory as it was heading NW towards where they are based in MO. Now I've never seen one officially fly before so I have no idea if one can run silent or not. It was low enough that any traditional jet would have been easily heard. It was well under 10,000' whatever it was.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

I saw something similar to this once. Probably 14-15 years ago, I dated a girl that lived relatively close to the MS River. Was leaving her house late one night and looked up to see a triangular shaped aircraft flying over south to north. Relatively low, best I could tell, probably less than 10,000 ft. Had a few lights on it, but it didnít make any noise that I could hear.

Natchez State Park. I was on a 7mile boy scout pack-in. 1995. Back side of the lake. 3:30AM the sound barrier breaks directly above the lake. I awoke before the Boom...heard it approach....then BoOM.....then nothing. Iím 90% certain it was a low altitude fighter jet. What Iím not certain is why he/she would be buzzing the lake doing those speeds at 3:30 AM. Also, I canít explain the wind picking up directly afterwards. Iím not a skeptic. I donít believe we have been visited.....that 10% of me, however..

We had several people cleaning shit out of their sleeping bags early that morning.

A stealth bomber would make the most sense... But why would it be going at supersonic speeds? Wouldn’t that negate the “stealth” aspect?

edit to add: A B2 bomber cruises at 600mph....650mph is max speed.

Sound breaks at 767mph.
    Last edited by Lettuce; 06-23-2019 at 11:37 PM.

Was in the back yard with my father-in-law and he looks up and sees something trailing a high altitude jet. He points it out to me and asks what the silver speck was trailing the jet. I could hardly make it out and after a few seconds, I could just make out a metallic sphere trailing quite far behind it. The jet was so high it could barely be seen and the orb appeared roughly 1/3 the size of the jet. After discussing it a minute, neither of us could find the orb again despite it being a clear day.

I was in destin during college with some friends, one night while out on the beach I saw something that looked like a star except it was zipping around the sky, paused for a moment then zipped off. It happened so fast I didnít even have time to ask my friends if they saw it too. I would have shrugged it off and never thought about it again but as I was leaving the beach another guy standing on the pier to exit the beach asked if we saw the strange object in the sky!
    Now I am a relatively stable guy that doesnít believe in ghost, conspiracy theories or the like but that night will be a moment in life that I will always remember and canít explain.
    Last edited by 81dawg; 06-24-2019 at 12:01 AM. Reason: I canít spell

Iíve seen a couple of things that I could not explain but nothing that looked like a UFO except one strange red light that I saw in my rear view mirror one night but it probably was a plane.

Now there are some other things I have seen that will come up in later OT threads this summer so I will wait for those.

SixPack's Official Farmer DesotoCountyDawg's Avatar
    This is pretty entertaining. You can search by state. Itís easy to see who was high as a kite when they reported their sighting but there are some in there that are head scratchers. I check it every once in a while to see whatís new and was totally freaked out when there was a report filed on the road our farm is on. The guy went into great detail.

http://www.nuforc.org/webreports.html

The stealth jets Iíve seen at flyovers or airshows are quiet when approaching, but loud once they are directly overhead or after they go past. But of course those Iíve seen did come directly overhead. Never seen one that was further away from me at and angle.

Here's one of the more famous ones. Just put in a marker at the location.

https://www.wlox.com/video/2019/06/2...er-pascagoula/

Iíve never seen one, but all these reports released by the Navy have me almost believing they are real. I wish the Air Force would weigh in publicly because they have to be seeing the same things.

Mine, interestingly enough was on campus and happened last year. After one of our night games, I forget which one, my girlfriend and I along with another couple were breaking down our tailgate in Bully Grass long after the crowd has vanished. As I stepped in front of my truck to disconnect and pack up the generator, I happened to look up above the trees toward the east. I saw two, non-blinking white lights moving from south to north high in the sky. I didn't think anything of if but I thought that just before I bent over, I saw the second one make some radical maneuver. But, being ready to get the hell home, I just bent over, killed the gen and started disconnecting it which only took a couple of seconds. When I stood back up, I looked up for the lights again and saw them and sure enough, the trailing light was going crazy. It sped up, caught up with the first light then looked like it was doing barrel rolls around the leading light. Then, it shot in front of the first light and they took turns passing each other. I called my girlfriend over and she witnessed the same thing as they eventually went out of sight to the north. We were both stone cold sober. To this day we have no idea what it was. I'm an aero engineer and she's a mechanical engineer who also flies drones. Between both of us, we ruled out jets or drones. Don't think it was stadium lights reflecting off of birds either due to the manuevers they were performing and the speed they were moving. Also, we couldn't see any structure, just two dim, unblinking white lights.

Quote Originally Posted by goheadmohead View Post
    Anyone on hear had any UFO sightings? If so, letís hear em. I figure with all the hunters and fishermen there have to be some weird stories.
    I live in the sticks and over the years I have seen some 'stuff' I can't wrap my head around. Shooting stars, space debris, satellites, space station, airplanes can all be explained. But I have watched a few 'lights' do funny things. It's truly wild what all you can see without any ambient light whatsoever.
    Hail State!

Quote Originally Posted by goheadmohead View Post
    Joe Rogan with Bob Lazar:

It all started out at South Farm when a buddy picked a few mushrooms out of a cow patty****

I'll bet the people who run DARPA wish the Navy would STFU and quit publishing videos.

I actually did a research paper on UFOs in high school. Several different Air Forces in South America have released UFO footage of aircraft in the 60s-80s doing things that are still not possible in aircraft.

My only instance was in 1995 as a senior in high school. I was driving a backroad going to Belmont and I saw a big green flash across the sky. I thought it was a meteor and even just commented to one of my friends. He had seen the same thing and was looking in the newspaper for what it was. He was in a different part of the county so it wasn't just one spot.

I've heard some stories, but I often wonder, with the cameras we have on our cell phones, where is the video proof?

Quote Originally Posted by tired View Post
    I've heard some stories, but I often wonder, with the cameras we have on our cell phones, where is the video proof?
    Go outside tonight and try to record anything in the night sky and you will understand. There has been some video but all standard cameras have a tough time recording anything clearly in total darkness.

Summer of 1979. Me and 2 friends camping out and catfishing in a farm pond at night North of Laurel, drinking a few beers and nothing else. We got hungry so decided to go back into town and grab some grub. We topped a hill on a dirt road and some bright intense silent greenish white light came hauling ass just over the tree tops, like a shooting star but much brighter. I slammed on brakes and asked what the hell that was, other two had no idea but saw the same thing I did. It was gone in no time. We're sitting there a little spooked wondering what we had just seen. We're about to move on and it came back in the opposite direction and was gone again before we could see detail, just a bright fast moving light. We stayed put for a few more seconds speechless and it came back again from the original direction. Obviously not a shooting star because of the multiple directions and passes, not hallucinating because we all saw it, airport is south and a little west so no spotlights North of Laurel. We high tailed it out of the woods and didn't go back till the next day to even check our lines. Never saw it or any sign of it again in future trips out there.
    The poster formerly known as: dawgebag

Supposedly a few years ago there was a large, delta-wing, black balloon that could be seen around the area. I heard several people talking about it and a couple of friends say they actually saw it. One was on his way back to school from Jackson. He took off down county roads in Southern Oktibbeha/North Winston to follow it the best he could. After a while, he turned on some gravel road in the last direction he saw the thing and came to a chain-link gate across the road in the middle of nowhere. He said about 10 seconds after he pulled up, an SUV came screaming up behind the gate and a guy in plain clothes carrying an AR15 got out and told him that he "needed to get the hell outta there". It scared the shit out of him and he never went back to investigate. I think he was in the Choctaw WMA when this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedMaroonDawg View Post
    Go outside tonight and try to record anything in the night sky and you will understand. There has been some video but all standard cameras have a tough time recording anything clearly in total darkness.
    Quality is not why they aren't recording. Everyone should record it, never know what you might pick up.

I want to believe as much as anyone, but there is one thing I donít understand. Whatís with the lights? Why do most UFOs have lights? If I had to sneak into another planet with intelligent life, the first thing I would do is kill the lights on my spaceship.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogcountry1 View Post
    I want to believe as much as anyone, but there is one thing I donít understand. Whatís with the lights? Why do most UFOs have lights? If I had to sneak into another planet with intelligent life, the first thing I would do is kill the lights on my spaceship.
    Exactly. Lights are required on our air fleet for safety reasons. Hard to think that aliens would build flying things with just the kind of lights we are used to seeing on our aircraft.

I have never seen any UFO's, but my father-in-law has. He saw several white orbs that were flying at a very high elevation make 90 degree turns in the middle of the day. I read the book by a Jane's defense analyst "The Hunt for Zero Point" in which he found a lot of circumstantial evidence that the defense corporations were intensely researching and possibly developing anti-gravity propulsion from what I remember. If you can control gravity, you could develop a craft that could do all those crazy maneuvers and without killing the pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Waves View Post
    I read the book by a Jane's defense analyst "The Hunt for Zero Point" in which he found a lot of circumstantial evidence that the defense corporations were intensely researching and possibly developing anti-gravity propulsion from what I remember. If you can control gravity, you could develop a craft that could do all those crazy maneuvers and without killing the pilot.
    From a friend who used to catch the JANET flights and do composite repair work on B2's at area 51: When I asked him if he'd ever seen anything, he just grinned and said "If you ever see a flying saucer, its ours."

From a former Air Force test pilot who worked at Raspet Flight Lab at the beginning of the Honda project: He was all excited about going to an upcoming air show at CAFB because an F117 was going to be on static display. I asked him why he was excited because I figured he'd flown one. He said he hadn't flown one but he'd seen them flying for years and performing aerial refuling long before the public knew about them but he'd never seen one on the ground and he wanted to get a look at the landing gear. As he started walking off to the Honda building for a meeting, I asked him "What all have you seen?" He stopped, turned around and said "I've seen shit in the air that you wouldn't believe existed."
    Last edited by Mjoelner; 06-24-2019 at 01:27 PM.

Bro, that was a UFO. That stealth bomber would've been heard at that altitude.

If it wasn't for the ass probing being abducted and taken into space would be pretty cool.

The same reason stars have light. Gravity bends light. These are anti gravity crafts that bends light and therefore light up

Another point: If alien ships were here at Earth, why have we never seen one with a telescope? We detect asteroids from millions of miles away that are the size of a football field, but we've never gotten a good view of a UFO from a telescope? That seems unlikely.

Yet another point: If alien ships are in the solar system, this strongly implies they are traveling here faster than light, which is impossible by our current understanding of physics, but if we ignore that and assume that our understanding is wrong, why don't we detect any dyson swarms around any star in the galaxy? We should be able to detect any interstellar civilizations in the galaxy with current technology.

When I was a kid about 7 or 8, we lived in Silver City...this would have been 1975 or Ď76. One night my mom, dad and I were sitting in the living room watching tv and my dad asked me to walk out and get something out of his truck. What? I canít remember. Anyway, it was dark about 7 - 7:30 Iím guessing. I walk out of the front door, down the porch and onto the driveway. I go to the passenger side of the truck, open it up and get out whatever I was supposed to get. As I close the door, I turn towards the road and look up above the 10 to 12 ft holly trees that separate the Humphrey County Country Club from the road we lived on. And there I see it and Iím scared stiff - canít move, Iím scared to move cause Iím scared that whatever Iím looking at is going to get me....what Iím staring at is a bright red glowing oval. I think I stood there for 5 seconds before I turned and ran into the house...I gave my dad whatever it was he wanted and ran and jumped in the big chair I always set in.

Mom asked why I ran in so fast but I didnít say a thing cause again, I was too scared and didnít want to talk about it for fear that it would come and get us. I never spoke about it to anyone for years....like 10-12 yrs. I guess cause it scared me so bad.

It just hovered over those holly trees but back off a ways over the golf course - not directly over the trees. One of the weirdest things thatís ever happened to me.

We used to see lots of UFOs in the Delta back in the 70ís, but not since the Bigfoots and Black Panthers started fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by InTheIttaBenaHotSun View Post
    When I was a kid about 7 or 8, we lived in Silver City...this would have been 1975 or Ď76. One night my mom, dad and I were sitting in the living room watching tv and my dad asked me to walk out and get something out of his truck. What? I canít remember. Anyway, it was dark about 7 - 7:30 Iím guessing. I walk out of the front door, down the porch and onto the driveway. I go to the passenger side of the truck, open it up and get out whatever I was supposed to get. As I close the door, I turn towards the road and look up above the 10 to 12 ft holly trees that separate the Humphrey County Country Club from the road we lived on. And there I see it and Iím scared stiff - canít move, Iím scared to move cause Iím scared that whatever Iím looking at is going to get me....what Iím staring at is a bright red glowing oval. I think I stood there for 5 seconds before I turned and ran into the house...I gave my dad whatever it was he wanted and ran and jumped in the big chair I always set in.

Mom asked why I ran in so fast but I didnít say a thing cause again, I was too scared and didnít want to talk about it for fear that it would come and get us. I never spoke about it to anyone for years....like 10-12 yrs. I guess cause it scared me so bad.

It just hovered over those holly trees but back off a ways over the golf course - not directly over the trees. One of the weirdest things thatís ever happened to me.
    That sounds kinda what I saw but I never saw a shape, just a red light of a funny size and altitude. It would not be a plane unless they were going to ditch in the piney hills of NE MS. It just kept showing up in my review mirror on my drive home from a friends house out in the Monroe county boonies near the AL state line.

They make noise just like any other jet. We don't have anything that's silent and fast.

This is one of the most interesting interviews I've ever seen. If the guy is lying, he's thought this through to the point where he actually believes it himself.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=GLU0NSTC9oU