Thread: Bats

Bats

Not the adidas variety but nearly as bad. Anyone had a bat infestation outside their house? Neighbor has a colony behind a shutter. Maybe 20 of em. This is NOT a DIY job. Who can help near Madison ?
    Apologies in advance for another OT thread but not holding this one.

Left Field Lofts | Left Field Dumpster Yes | No

Why get rid of them? They eat their weight in mosquitos

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Build a bat box and see if you can get them to move. Behind a shutter doesn't sound like a permanent home, even to a family of bats.

Remove the shutter and they will move along

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

I used a guy named Mike to get some squirrels out of my attic a few months ago. His number is 601-966-5539.

Hes called the critter catcher if you want to look him up on Facebook. He did a good job, Id recommend him for sure.

Sounds like a job for.......

Name:  batman.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  24.1 KB

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

I've got tons of them flying around right at dark, wish I had more and been thinking about getting some bat houses to see if I could attract some permanently.
    The poster formerly known as: dawgebag

See below.

Name:  giphy (28).gif
Views: 389
Size:  1.88 MBName:  giphy (30).gif
Size:  1.92 MBName:  giphy (29).gif
Views: 390
Size:  1.84 MBName:  giphy (27).gif
Size:  1.95 MB

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Yes great scene. Was re-enacted one weeknight when I lived in a house on Scales St during grad school. I hear some commotion coming from the living room where roommate was watching tv. Boom whap whap boom. WT17? So I walk in and hes chasing a bat around trying to catch it in his bed sheet. Finally got it and released.

Thx RP I have passed info along. Theyre being more of a nuisance now; droppings accumulating on his house and making noises etc.

for real, don't get rid of them if they aren't in your attic. they eat on average 1200 mosquitoes an hour. and roughly 6,000 to 8,000 insects each night. i love seeing bats fly around. they are very interesting to watch also. build a bat box, and enjoy the insect freedom.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

J&P Pest Control 601-824-1039. Out of Brandon.

I am in the build a bathouse community. The best kind of predator, eats mosquitos