OT: Jumpy picture streaming ESPN

Has anyone experienced a jumpy picture with ESPN? I get it on my Roku as well as my Sony TV. It's a clear picture; it just seems to jump from frame to frame. It's unwatchable and the reason I haven't cut the cord. I see others online complaining about it but no resolution.

Starter | Suspended Yes | No

I had it on my Roku too. I had to go change the resolution to HD only in the settings. My roku was a 4K compatible one but I didnít have a 4K tv. That fixed the jumpiness of it. It was something like that that fixed it. I canít remember all the specifics but I googled it and found this quick fix.

I bought a Roku Ultra (the 4K capable one) and at first it was jumpy too when watching MSU baseball. One of the other posters got in touch with either ESPN or Roku and apparently got it fixed. It had to do with a 60K vs 30K frame rate.

Mine works fine now, or it did the last time I used it.

I believe it has to be plugged into an HDMI 2.0 input to work properly. They've been around a while, but may just be on 4K televisions. https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-t...t-is-hdmi-2-0/

Quote Originally Posted by SyonaraStanz View Post
    Has anyone experienced a jumpy picture with ESPN? I get it on my Roku as well as my Sony TV. It's a clear picture; it just seems to jump from frame to frame. It's unwatchable and the reason I haven't cut the cord. I see others online complaining about it but no resolution.
    I don't know if this is the same problem you are having, but mine is not a jumpy picture as much as it seems to be stuck in a series of pauses or delays. Every time this happens I hit the "*" button on my Roku remote. This takes you to the closed captioning menu. Then I just close the menu without choosing anything. This seems to give the Roku time to "catch up" to the streaming feed and then it will work fine for quite a while...until it doesn't.