Can you explain the post location w/in a thread?

Edit: Nevermind. Topic View is what I'm used to. I turned Threaded & Hybrid off.

Thanks!
    Last edited by SPRINKLES; 07-24-2019 at 02:57 PM.

Starter | Suspended Yes | No

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak
    There are two different views - threaded view and topic vew. The view you did a screenshot of is threaded.

Here's an article that explains the difference - https://www.bulletinboards.com/ThreadHelp.cfm

We offer both threaded and topic view. Just go to the bottom left of the page and you can change your view to either threaded or topic.
    I support the two most frustrating teams in America: The New Orleans Saints and The Mississippi State Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by dawgstudent View Post
    There are two different views - threaded view and topic vew. The view you did a screenshot of is threaded.

Here's an article that explains the difference - https://www.bulletinboards.com/ThreadHelp.cfm

We offer both threaded and topic view. Just go to the bottom left of the page and you can change your view to either threaded or topic.
    Nice. That helps a good bit. However, I'm curious what makes a post be directly linked to the Thread Title and what makes a reply linked to another post. I've made a post using "Reply to Thread" w/out quoting anyone or otherwise attaching it to someone else's post and it branched it from another post instead of the Thread Title itself (think 3rd circle down in the screenshot VS 1st circle). Why do some posts put it where the 1st circle is and other posts put it where the 2nd and 3rd circles are?

Basically, what triggers the post to be stacked in these two ways:

Last edited by SPRINKLES; 07-24-2019 at 10:23 AM.

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak
    Read this...

https://forums.sixpackspeak.com/show...974#post748974

If you reply to the initial post - it goes directly under the initial post. If you reply to a "reply" - it will show as a reply to that reply. Clear as mud? For example, I'm replying directly you because I clicked reply under your latest post.
    I support the two most frustrating teams in America: The New Orleans Saints and The Mississippi State Bulldogs

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak
    I clicked reply under your first post here - that's why it shows outside of the "threaded" conversation. This is what a lot of used from the beginning so we have stuck with it.

Test

Read this...

https://forums.sixpackspeak.com/show...974#post748974

If you reply to the initial post - it goes directly under the initial post. If you reply to a "reply" - it will show as a reply to that reply. Clear as mud? For example, I'm replying directly you because I clicked reply under your latest post.
    I clicked reply under your first post here - that's why it shows outside of the "threaded" conversation. This is what a lot of used from the beginning so we have stuck with it.

That helps out a ton. I completely understand how it works now. Thank you very much. While I'm sure I'll leave it on Topic View, I still appreciate understanding how it works w/ Threaded, as well.