That UF - Miami game literally put me to sleep.

The Hawaii game has been more exciting than the ex-MSU coach fest.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    EMCC | Independence Yes | No

Did you know Andrew Luck retired while you were sleeping?

He was afraid the Colts were going to hire one of the coaches from the game.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Miami's pass blocking was sooo bad it made Andrew Luck retire.**

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Iím sure anyone who has ever played qb was flinching during that one.

Really. It was a week before anyone else plays and 2 talented teams. It was gonna be ugly but how do you not appreciate that football is back. To me a good game, dumb plays at time, overly emotional but dang there were athletes showing out. This was football and mighty good football considering the time of year

2 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcap View Post
    Really. It was a week before anyone else plays and 2 talented teams. It was gonna be ugly but how do you not appreciate that football is back. To me a good game, dumb plays at time, overly emotional but dang there were athletes showing out. This was football and mighty good football considering the time of year
    I do appreciate football is back but it was so sloppy it was boring to watch for me. Hey if it is your cup of tea, enjoy it.

I've had more fun watching the Arizona and Hawaii game. It's had a little bit of everything you can see in an early-season game. Good passing, running, interceptions, etc but both teams had OL play that has made the game at least watchable.

Rivalry games should never be a season opener. You combine so much emotion with a lack of game speed play and two inexperienced OLs and QBs, you get a game like we had tonight.

I pity the Miami QB. Franks is a douche in the same frame as Chad Kelly.

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedMaroonDawg View Post
    I do appreciate football is back but it was so sloppy it was boring to watch for me. Hey if it is your cup of tea, enjoy it.

I've had more fun watching the Arizona and Hawaii game. It's had a little bit of everything you can see in an early-season game. Good passing, running, interceptions, etc but both teams had OL play that has made the game at least watchable.

Rivalry games should never be a season opener. You combine so much emotion with a lack of game speed play and two inexperienced OLs and QBs, you get a game like we had tonight.

I pity the Miami QB. Franks is a douche in the same frame as Chad Kelly.
    I understand but the level of talent between those teams was impressive. Defense way ahead of offense but again itís Week 0 and I loved seeing the intensity of truly top flight athletes. Was it ugly? At times yes but part of the ugly was based on the battle of 2 talented teams.

Ok, you guys win. I still say FL should have wiped the field with Miami.

One question, if we play that sloppy next week, how much will you enjoy it?

Seriously we ainít playing Miami or Florida but if we battle against that type team and win Iíd be happy. Also Iíd still be happy with an extra week of practice but I also know we ainít playing a quality team that either played so I expect more. Different circumstances

Donít you think itís a bit ridiculous to expect these guys today to play at a different level than what we will with a week more practice against a lesser team. I expect more from us but we havenít played yet

Like I said, y'all win.

But still it was...

Florida #8
    Miami unranked

Not quite the same sure, but it wasn't a top 10 matchup either.

One thing certain. Florida is lazy talent.

Peopleís opinion of Florida is too high. Miamiís qb was certainly not mature enough to throw the ball away when he should have. Miamiís playcalling was average. Floridaís qb needs another year of high school or basic training to learn how to shut the 17 up.

People lost money last night because they believed rankings and recruiting rankings. As well they should have.

It was an ugly game. Gators did all they could to try to give it away, but Canes were too bad offensively to take the gift.

What is it about all of the Florida schools and their thug image; it was disgusting at times last night.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Itís the culture down there. And a big part of the reason UF, FSU & UM havenít been the programs they once were the last decade or so.