Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yall aren't listening.

I'd sure be curious to see what you get at a fallen soldier's funeral when you stand to interrupt the service to interject your politics.

The topic of 9/11 may be political, yes, but memorial of those lost is not. Dumb dumb dumb

7 out of 9 sixpackers like this post
    women's basketball | men's basketball Yes | No

september 11th 2001....."some people did some things" smh

5 out of 8 sixpackers like this post

I'll take that as a "Well, I can't prove my assumption, so I'll just deflect because it doesn't help my agenda."

I'm also unclear on what "conservative principle" you're talking about.
    Last edited by Bcash2; 09-11-2019 at 01:37 PM.

2 out of 10 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyDawg13 View Post

2 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Must Read

Quote Originally Posted by ddog View Post
    Nm
    https://twitter.com/AriFleischer

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG61 View Post
    An act of war is political. It just is. To ask others to ignore politics over something that by definition is political is setting yourself up for failure. The topic of 9/11 is political. It always has been and it always will be because it's an act of war. Same people complaining about people turning an already poli thread poli are the same ones starting the poli threads in the first place. Don't start poli threads and there won't be poli comments in them.

"24. WAR IS A MERE CONTINUATION OF POLICY BY OTHER MEANS.

We see, therefore, that War is not merely a political act, but also a real political instrument, a continuation of political commerce, a carrying out of the same by other means. All beyond this which is strictly peculiar to War relates merely to the peculiar nature of the means which it uses. That the tendencies and views of policy shall not be incompatible with these means, the Art of War in general and the Commander in each particular case may demand, and this claim is truly not a trifling one. But however powerfully this may react on political views in particular cases, still it must always be regarded as only a modification of them; for the political view is the object, War is the means, and the means must always include the object in our conception."
    Health care is political, too, but if someone gets a cancer diagnosis and you immediately give them a political diatribe instead of well wishes, you're an asshole.

6 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

Good stuff. Crazy thinking about how recent it still seems, yet our world has changed more in the last 18 years than in any other time in history.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasDawg13 View Post
    Health care is political, too, but if someone gets a cancer diagnosis and you immediately give them a political diatribe instead of well wishes, you're an asshole.
    I chastise them for their 2 pack a day habit ...then give em a big hug.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Bcash2
    I'll take that as a "Well, I can't prove my assumption, so I'll just deflect because it doesn't help my agenda."
    And I'll take that as "Well, you got me there, but I certainly can't admit it, so I'll do my own whitewash here to dilute the issue."

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

I still get pissed off watching that footage. And tear up too.

In addition to the unity, I think people forget about how on-edge the whole country was after that. We had someone unrelated to Al Qaeda sending out envelopes of anthrax to politicians and news rooms. It even happened at State with a white powdery substance near a chalkboard being reported to police.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

BULLSHIT.....There are bunch of you pricks that hang around here just waiting to politicize every thread possible.

9 out of 10 sixpackers like this post

It was someone in the visitors' section. In those days the student section was in the northern part of the east side and visitors were in the northern part of the west side. I was in the student section and the yell came from directly across the stadium.

Bcash is REALLY good at assumptions.
    “I’m not going to take anything off the table at this point in time ... but I will tell you this,” Cohen began, “this person is going to have serious baseball experience as a head coach. This person is going to have made trips to Omaha, Nebraska. This person is going to have expertise in an area of the game and in all facets of the game. And this person is going to make our fan base very happy.” - Intense Bastard, April 5, 2018.

1 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Shmuley View Post
    Let me know when a NYT reporter makes a "mistake" that favors conservative principles and I'll give weight to your attempted "assumption" parry.
    That's what the New York Post is for.

1 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Bcash2 View Post

I'm also unclear on what "conservative principle" you're talking about.
    Just so we're clear. You're defending a paper that "accidentally" praised Mao and had to retract it only after it was brought to their attention (I guess it just slipped their mind as these things do) that he was responsible for the murder of millions upon millions of people.

Solid take my man.

4 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

On September 11, I think of the men, women and children whose husbands, wives, fathers, mothers, sons, daughters, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends and other loved ones died that day. I can't begin to understand what they felt on September 11, 2001 . . . and continue to feel today.

People like Jefferson and Alison Crowther, who lost his son Welles Crowther.

Last edited by dog12; 09-11-2019 at 02:44 PM. Reason: edited to add Welles' mother

Got me where? What exactly is the issue again?

Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    And I'll take that as "Well, you got me there, but I certainly can't admit it, so I'll do my own whitewash here to dilute the issue."
    Oh yea, the issue is people looking for any reason to pick sides and make themselves think they are the "good guys" over two words that got immediately changed in an NYT article...all while being divisive on a day that should about unity. I don't think I've diluted the issue at all.

4 out of 8 sixpackers like this post

Sorry I accidently fat finger a thumbs down. Fully agree with you.

Liberals and Conservatives died on 9/11 and in every war ever fought

Quote Originally Posted by ddog View Post
    Nm
    They've all served our country well. If you want to make what is great about our country into your petty political fight, go right ahead.

What channel they watch or newspaper they read, doesnt mean shit.

4 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by T-TownDawgg View Post
    The tone deaf selfishness and absence of respect for the victims of tragedies like this one place your agenda above the sacredness of human loss. Today is a day for memorial. This thread is about that. There is a time and place for your right to free speech and thought. Reasonable people recognize this isn't it.
    The NRA just stood up and quietly left the room...

4 out of 11 sixpackers like this post

Clauswitz was a dubmass. Germany used his philosophy to lose 2 World Wars.

Something more cheerful and sports related:

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak
    It's sad I have to lock this. Just remember those that died and move on.
    I support the two most frustrating teams in America: The New Orleans Saints and The Mississippi State Bulldogs

10 out of 10 sixpackers like this post