Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LOCKED - September 11. No other words needed.

Nm
    Last edited by dawgstudent; 09-11-2019 at 04:29 PM.
    ​"Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner." LAO TZU

15 out of 15 sixpackers like this post
    women's basketball | men's basketball Yes | No

I hope we as a country never forget, but I'm afraid some already have. God Bless America!

5 out of 8 sixpackers like this post

I'll always remember Dave Letterman's monologue when he came back on the air.

Last edited by dorndawg; 09-11-2019 at 07:02 AM.

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Name:  Never-Forget-Sept-10.jpg
Views: 1424
Size:  36.0 KB

4 out of 59 sixpackers like this post

The last time we were truly unified as a country. That was the one good

thing that came from that terrible, cowardly event.
    I don't always drink but when I do I become a message board genius**

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

There seems to be a misunderstanding of "No other words needed"...

2 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

I miss the United States of America that existed on 9/12! There were no Democrats, Republicans, Conservatives, Liberals, Blacks, Whites, Hispanics, Homosexuals, nor Heterosexuals just Americans with a common goal to continue our way of life.

4 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyDawg13 View Post
    Name:  Never-Forget-Sept-10.jpg
Views: 1424
Size:  36.0 KB
    There have been a few threads lately on how far Mississippi State is falling in the USNWR college rankings... Some of you make me wonder if we ever should have even been accredited.

Before you post a stupid meme, take 30 seconds to just think about it... Just a little. If it seems ridiculous, maybe dig in a bit. Cause sharing this stupidity is like getting drunk your sophomore year, waking up late, and rushing to school in last night's clothes without a shower or even a check in the mirror.... Then having your instructor stop class thirty seconds in to make you go wash your face, where you realize your roommate drew a big Harry cock and balls on your face when you passed out...

That's you right now.

This stupid meme is made by some other cock faced dipshit not understanding what Rumsfield actually said. The truth is the Pentagon could not properly track $2.3 trillion in transactions from an accounting standpoint. They needed a new system that could handle the complexity of interdepartmental spending... The fact is $2.3 trillion was approximately 10 times the annual defense budget at the time... Which any idiot should see as a red flag on something like this..

I am a big shit stirrer myself, but somethings are sacred. 9-11 is one of those things. Thousands of Americans were murdered. Tens of thousands lost loved ones. The entire country lost a way of life for a while... And maybe forever in some ways. Some of us spent years chasing the shitbags that wanted to do it again through deserts and mountains around the world, losing various friends and pieces of ourselves in those places... Yet, there are just a few that apparently got drunk that day and 18 years later still walk around with a dick drawn on your faces.

41 out of 43 sixpackers like this post

I was in the 3rd grade. Didn't hear about it until after school that day, but when I did I was scared to death. That was the first time in my life I truly realized that evil existed in this world. But even at that age I remember the unity our country had following that and miss it. Unfortunately I fear that if something like that were to happen again today, I don't know that we would come together like that again. It would be all about placing blame and pointer fingers at the other side, I fear.

My favorite post-9/11 memory is George W. Bush throwing out the first pitch at the first World Series game in New York and it was a strike right down the middle. Awesome moment.

My college age students were to young to remember the event at this point, Many of my freshmen students weren't born yet. Most of them have a family history that they've heard over the years, parents explaining where they were and what they were doing when they found about the attack. I think it's one of the reasons my students from 10 years ago were different in many ways - they essentially grew up with 9-11 as a central, vivid, and emotionally valent "flashbulb" memory, as it is for most of us on this board. In some ways I'm glad that our newest generation of adults aren't carrying that load, in the same way that a lot of us know about Vietnam or WWII and the awful costs to this country, without having lived through that time period.

Sorry I meant to respond to the thread in general, not to the asshole who posted the Rumsfeld conspiracy shit.

5 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

Now we can also remember this date as the day KentuckyDawg13 was murdered with words.

14 out of 14 sixpackers like this post

GO TO HELL, BIN LADEN, GO TO HELL!

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by JoeLee'sSocks View Post
    Before you post a stupid meme, take 30 seconds to just think about it... Just a little. If it seems ridiculous, maybe dig in a bit.
    Well said. I hope this sticks with everyone thru the upcoming 14 months during election campaigning and that people dont just passively dismiss the BS, but instead point it out to keep others from perpetuating the crap.
    Fact checking is exhausting in the information age, but its more critical then ever since there is so much mis-information within the information.

Our country could stand to have a lot less mis-information that divides us runnin around.

8 out of 10 sixpackers like this post

Congratulation KentuckyDawg13, you have just made 6packspeak history. You will forever be known as the mental midget that posted that 911 meme. You are exactly what is wrong with this country.

11 out of 15 sixpackers like this post

SixPack's Official Farmer DesotoCountyDawg's Avatar
    Well said.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Rest assured, KentuckyDawg13, we will never forget.

10 out of 12 sixpackers like this post

SixPack's Official Farmer DesotoCountyDawg's Avatar
    Name:  BC4580D3-C11C-4458-B17F-6530F1980153.gif
Views: 1195
Size:  3.13 MB

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

What stands out to me about Letterman's monologue is how far we've moved away from that unity. He praises Guiliani. That would almost certainly not happen now because he's aligned with Trump. He praises police. That's verboten now. He praises small towns in flyover country. The backward red states holding us back according to some.

I agree with a poster below. If there is any positive from 9/11 it's that for a brief moment we quit fighting with each other and saw the real enemy.

Also, no 9/11 discussion is complete without this. Maybe the most bad ass first pitch in baseball history.

16 out of 21 sixpackers like this post

The meme is stupid and sophomoric, but what angers me to unspeakable levels about animals like kentuckydawg, dawg61 and others who wipe their ass on those reflecting back on history's victims and soldiers is this:

The tone deaf selfishness and absence of respect for the victims of tragedies like this one place your agenda above the sacredness of human loss. Today is a day for memorial. This thread is about that. There is a time and place for your right to free speech and thought. Reasonable people recognize this isn't it.
    Last edited by T-TownDawgg; 09-11-2019 at 09:17 AM.

16 out of 18 sixpackers like this post

I have to stay away from Facebook and social media on this anniversary. The 911 calls and the pictures of people on the buildings looking into the abyss before the towers fall, the calls to loved ones...gets me big time.

One side of America has definitely forgotten these events and the people behind them. The most evil of evil in today’s world.

RIP to those poor souls who were innocent victims and the courageous first responders knowingly forfeiting their lives to attempt to save others. That’s my America.

2 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

I've always wondered who it was who screamed that. What a legend.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by JoeLee'sSocks View Post
    There have been a few threads lately on how far Mississippi State is falling in the USNWR college rankings... Some of you make me wonder if we ever should have even been accredited.

Before you post a stupid meme, take 30 seconds to just think about it... Just a little. If it seems ridiculous, maybe dig in a bit. Cause sharing this stupidity is like getting drunk your sophomore year, waking up late, and rushing to school in last night's clothes without a shower or even a check in the mirror.... Then having your instructor stop class thirty seconds in to make you go wash your face, where you realize your roommate drew a big Harry cock and balls on your face when you passed out...

That's you right now.

This stupid meme is made by some other cock faced dipshit not understanding what Rumsfield actually said. The truth is the Pentagon could not properly track $2.3 trillion in transactions from an accounting standpoint. They needed a new system that could handle the complexity of interdepartmental spending... The fact is $2.3 trillion was approximately 10 times the annual defense budget at the time... Which any idiot should see as a red flag on something like this..

I am a big shit stirrer myself, but somethings are sacred. 9-11 is one of those things. Thousands of Americans were murdered. Tens of thousands lost loved ones. The entire country lost a way of life for a while... And maybe forever in some ways. Some of us spent years chasing the shitbags that wanted to do it again through deserts and mountains around the world, losing various friends and pieces of ourselves in those places... Yet, there are just a few that apparently got drunk that day and 18 years later still walk around with a dick drawn on your faces.

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

You're about as pathetic as it gets.
    Last edited by thatsbaseball; 09-11-2019 at 09:52 AM.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Yeah anyone can go straight to hell for suggesting liberals have forgotten 9/11.

8 out of 18 sixpackers like this post

I just realized Sherrill's daughter sang the National Anthem that day.

Quote Originally Posted by dorndawg View Post
    I'll always remember Dave Letterman's monologue when he came back on the air.

Same, but for me it was Conan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4TjGaHGJGI
    Last edited by SPRINKLES; 09-11-2019 at 11:12 AM.

Yeah how do people get such notions?

a tweet tragically cut down in the prime of its life. gone, but not forgotten. pic.twitter.com/T5jIqSESfu— T. Becket Adams (@BecketAdams) September 11, 2019

you will be shocked to learn that terror is mentioned only once in the entire article, and it's found only in the subhead. there's not a single reference to terrorism or even ill intent anywhere in the body of the NYT article detailing Sept. 11 memorials.— T. Becket Adams (@BecketAdams) September 11, 2019

5 out of 12 sixpackers like this post

Which side is that? Do you remember who did it? My recollection is that they were Saudi Arabians, whom Trump protects at all costs.

11 out of 24 sixpackers like this post

FFS. This thread was started in remembrance of the biggest national tragedy in most of our lifetime. It turned into douche canoes arguing their political beliefs. 17 each and every one of you that can’t for one day keep your 17’ng political bull shit to yourself and just honor and respect the day. 17 you for even making me have to make a post that should be common 17’ng sense. 17.

15 out of 17 sixpackers like this post

Well, that's not true...

Subhead of the article: "The families of those killed in the terror attacks gathered at the Sept. 11 memorial in an annual ritual of mourning."

Fifth sentence of article: "Eighteen years have passed since terrorists commandeered airplanes and the twin towers of the World Trade Center were brought down".

Funny that you're sharing a bullshit tweet, written only to divide people along lib/conservative lines, right after other posters talk about how we need unity and also implore us to do our fact checking and NOT share bullshit propaganda.

ETA: I realize that the NYT updated the article/tweet. That doesn't change the fact that tweets like what you shared only want to use people's mistakes as a platform to sow discord and division.
    Last edited by Bcash2; 09-11-2019 at 11:54 AM.

3 out of 11 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by PBRME View Post
    FFS. This thread was started in remembrance of the biggest national tragedy in most of our lifetime. It turned into douche canoes arguing their political beliefs. 17 each and every one of you that can’t for one day keep your 17’ng political bull shit to yourself and just honor and respect the day. 17 you for even making me have to make a post that should be common 17’ng sense. 17.
    Agreed 100%. The cruel irony is that the only thing that could ever set these 17ers straight and make them check their pride at the door is for another unspeakable tragedy on the scale of 9/11 or worse to happen again. And even that might not be enough. It’s truly a sad state of affairs in the country right now.

3 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

You people who pick one point in the ongoing fight against muslim extremist terror and hyperbolize it in an attempt to drive home a myopic political agenda are pathetic.

The conflict between Sunni and Shia has been ongoing for millennia and what we've witnessed in the last 100 years is simply an extension of it as true global commerce has entered the picture. The number of political successes and blunders during that time by all parties involved are too numerous to count.

Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2, Obama.. all of them posted some W's and L's in the middle east. The situation is too complicated to imagine otherwise.

If you doubt me.. please pick one of the countless books written on the rise of Al-Qaeda and inform yourself. My suggestion would be to start with The Looming Tower by Lawrence Wright.

In fact.. here's the link: https://www.amazon.com/Looming-Tower...s%2C175&sr=8-1

In short.. 17 you for politicizing this day with your misinformed, ill-conceived, ignorant notion of right-wing-bad, left-wing-good, micro brain comment.

4 out of 8 sixpackers like this post

"That doesn't change the fact that tweets like what you shared only want to use people's mistakes as a platform to sow discord and division."

I challenge you to prove the highlighted bald-ass assumption/confirmation bias you typed. Most thinking people recognize the difference between "mistakes" and "obfuscation/whitewashing."
    “I’m not going to take anything off the table at this point in time ... but I will tell you this,” Cohen began, “this person is going to have serious baseball experience as a head coach. This person is going to have made trips to Omaha, Nebraska. This person is going to have expertise in an area of the game and in all facets of the game. And this person is going to make our fan base very happy.” - Intense Bastard, April 5, 2018.

11 out of 14 sixpackers like this post

And I would challenge you to prove your assumption. I would not, however, challenge you to demonize and entire group of your fellow Americans because a NYT reporter wrote something you didn't like.

My first thought, considering the state of online journalism goes to poor writing, rather than obfuscation/whitewashing. The initial statement as written doesn't even make sense. And it was corrected. My point still stands that tweets like that one, and the sharing of them, do nothing but sow discord, pit one side against the other, and in the case of the poster that shared it, make broad generalized statements about many patriotic Americans. Its a bullshit tweet, and bullshit to share it. It does the opposite of what we need right now in this country.
    Last edited by Bcash2; 09-11-2019 at 12:45 PM.

5 out of 15 sixpackers like this post

Well to be fair, the initial post that started the exchange seemed to be a "left-wing-bad, right-wing-good" comment, even if it didn't explicitly state it.

4 out of 10 sixpackers like this post

Can we have another “vote to ban a poster” event?

4 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

Name:  everything-is-great-the-government-has-my-best-interest-in-12043403.png
Views: 736
Size:  154.7 KB

3 out of 21 sixpackers like this post

An act of war is political. It just is. To ask others to ignore politics over something that by definition is political is setting yourself up for failure. The topic of 9/11 is political. It always has been and it always will be because it's an act of war. Same people complaining about people turning an already poli thread poli are the same ones starting the poli threads in the first place. Don't start poli threads and there won't be poli comments in them.

"24. WAR IS A MERE CONTINUATION OF POLICY BY OTHER MEANS.

We see, therefore, that War is not merely a political act, but also a real political instrument, a continuation of political commerce, a carrying out of the same by other means. All beyond this which is strictly peculiar to War relates merely to the peculiar nature of the means which it uses. That the tendencies and views of policy shall not be incompatible with these means, the Art of War in general and the Commander in each particular case may demand, and this claim is truly not a trifling one. But however powerfully this may react on political views in particular cases, still it must always be regarded as only a modification of them; for the political view is the object, War is the means, and the means must always include the object in our conception."

1 out of 16 sixpackers like this post

Let me know when a NYT reporter makes a "mistake" that favors conservative principles and I'll give weight to your attempted "assumption" parry.
    “I’m not going to take anything off the table at this point in time ... but I will tell you this,” Cohen began, “this person is going to have serious baseball experience as a head coach. This person is going to have made trips to Omaha, Nebraska. This person is going to have expertise in an area of the game and in all facets of the game. And this person is going to make our fan base very happy.” - Intense Bastard, April 5, 2018.

10 out of 16 sixpackers like this post

This

Quote Originally Posted by Shmuley View Post
    "That doesn't change the fact that tweets like what you shared only want to use people's mistakes as a platform to sow discord and division."

I challenge you to prove the highlighted bald-ass assumption/confirmation bias you typed. Most thinking people recognize the difference between "mistakes" and "obfuscation/whitewashing."

4 out of 5 sixpackers like this post