Twitter
    @fishwater99

Croom 2.0. Itís here.

I hate to say it but Joe Mo can recruit but canít coach. Gonna be a tough few years before IB fires him. Sucks.

3 out of 24 sixpackers like this post
    Chef Pruitt | Coach Pruitt Yes | No

I want the prick gone too, but to compare to Croom is to bring Croom up a notch...which is certainly not deserved. That one is in its own league.
    SixPack's Amateur - Professional Golf Analyst

1 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Hopefully that post is just alcohol talking.
    SixPack's Amateur - Professional Golf Analyst

People have lost their ability to understand how bad it can be. We are there.

3 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Consider that Croom inherited one of the worst rosters in the country, compared to Joe inheriting the best defense in the nation last year... could you imagine what he would do with that 2004 roster? Probably no better than Croom.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Iím not defending Joe, but go back and look at those stats from 2004-2008. Weíre not on that level. 3-2.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

the lack of self awareness in this post is chefís kiss.

Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    I hate to say it but Joe Mo can recruit but canít coach. Gonna be a tough few years before IB fires him. Sucks.
    This is dumb. And disrespectful to how horrible the Croom era was to boot. The fans who suffered through that should be held in reverence. You dishonor their sacrifice.

13 out of 13 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster View Post
    This is dumb. And disrespectful to how horrible the Croom era was to boot. The fans who suffered through that should be held in reverence. You dishonor their sacrifice.
    I agree.

Yesterday's game was nothing like the Croom era. Heck, we scored in the double digits, and we were ahead of our opponent for part of the game.

For most games during the Croom era, it was MUCH worse than yesterday.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

No kidding.

I'm not happy with what we did but I sure hope we aren't going to be subjected to constant shit slinging posts for the rest of this year.

To those who keep regurgitating the same crap... We get it. We suck right now. You are right. Good for you!

Have a 17ing snickers and quit being a broken record.

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Someone doesnít remember the Croom years.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by jethreauxdawg View Post
    Iím not defending Joe, but go back and look at those stats from 2004-2008. Weíre not on that level. 3-2.
    Yeah, cause our offense last year against LSU and Alabama looked a whole lot better.

I don't think he's making a coach comparison as much as a situational comparison.

Better defense though

Quote Originally Posted by kired View Post
    Consider that Croom inherited one of the worst rosters in the country, compared to Joe inheriting the best defense in the nation last year... could you imagine what he would do with that 2004 roster? Probably no better than Croom.
    Croom had much better defenses than what weíve got now, however

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

This is dumb

Quote Originally Posted by ronpolk View Post
    Yeah, cause our offense last year against LSU and Alabama looked a whole lot better.
    Our offense in the Croom era looked like those games every week.

I think we've forgotten how bad Croom's second year was. Here it is:
    2005-Mississippi State (SEC)
    9/3 vs. Murray State (non-IA) W 38 6
    9/10 @ *Auburn (9-3) L 0 28
    9/17 vs. Tulane (2-9) W 21 14 @ Shreveport, LA
    9/24 vs. *Georgia (10-3) L 10 23
    10/1 vs. *Louisiana State (11-2) L 7 37
    10/8 @ *Florida (9-3) L 9 35
    10/22 vs. Houston (6-6) L 16 28
    10/29 @ *Kentucky (3- L 7 13
    11/5 vs. *Alabama (10-2) L 0 17
    11/19 vs. *Arkansas (4-7) L 10 44 @ Little Rock, AR
    11/26 vs. *Mississippi (3- W 35 14
    3-8-0
    153 259

Holy crap that is bad. 153 points scored in 11 games. We're already at 100 points through 3 games. Croom was someone with zero head coaching experience who needed to surround himself with good assistants, but only managed to get a good defensive coordinator (who, in retrospect, would prove to be a worse head coach than Croom, but that's not relevant). Moorhead is a hell of a lot more competent than Croom and Croom's coaching staffs regularly had multiple people less competent than Joey Jones.

A Croom team would be 0-3

So what does that prove ? Croom was a worse hire than Moorhead ? Well Duh. It'll take more than being better than Croom for him to be successful at State.

Quote Originally Posted by thatsbaseball View Post
    So what does that prove ? Croom was a worse hire than Moorhead ? Well Duh. It'll take more than being better than Croom for him to be successful at State.
    My post was not an endorsement of Moorhead....

Was student from 2002 - 2007, cannot upvote this enough.

Doesnít Like Tennessee
    Yeah, I know Iím normally Mr. Optimistic here but even I didnít support Croom. It was an awful hire that we were forced to make by an SEC office that had us over a barrel and needed to check the ďminority hireĒ box. Just awful.

If you remember back then you had guys like Joe Tiller at Purdue running the beginnings of the modern spread with guys like Kyle Orton and Drew Brees, a 5í11 gunslinger who led the Boilermakers to the dang Rose Bowl.

At the same time you had Hal Mumme putting up video game offensive numbers at Kentucky and nearly won a Heisman Trophy for Tim Couch.

Rich Rodriguez has just taken the West Va job...Urban Meyer had taken the Fla job...the writing was on the wall...yet we were forced to hire Mr. 3-yards-and-a-cloud-of dust.

What a missed opportunity.

EXHIBIT A ON STUPIDITY

Didnít fishwater want Mullen gone?

A lot of people on here don't remember the past. We have had a very good last 6 or 7 years. But even then we had a couple 5 and 7 or 6 and 6 years. During our whole history there have only been a few 9 win seasons. Mullen pretty much left the cupboard bare. Look at our seniors this year. Most aren't contributing much except a couple linemen.

On the contrary.. I remember the past very well. That's how I know what's going on right now looks like most of it.

and Mullen left the cupboard bare?? Moorhead was gifted the #1 defense in the nation last year and squandered it. He also got a record setting quarterback and a backup QB who (while being coached by an INTIRIM) made Lamar Jackson look like a fool in the Gator Bowl. ...And right now he has a RB who looks like a high NFL pick.

Oh.. and Mullen also left behind a hard nose football culture. ....JoeMo took them water parks.

Bare cupboard?... gtfo
    Last edited by Xenomorph; 09-15-2019 at 07:16 PM.

I get the frustration, but we would be hard pressed to find another as bad as croom even if we tried

This isn’t Croom 2.0. Croom had 3 to 4 wins most of his career. So far this isn’t the case, and I’m sure this year will be better then a 3 win season. Even if it’s just based on talent and not coaching its better then the Croom era. I’m pretty sure Croom wasn’t as good of a recruiter as Moorhead.

To to make it clear I’m not necessary on the Moorhead train, but I’m just not all that pissed, because so far the end result is the exact same as it has been since DM took over and it’s 3 games in year 2.
    Last edited by hailstate19; 09-15-2019 at 09:33 PM.

Why is Joe Moorhead a prick? Our social media blowhards give State a black eye. We lost a game when our starting QB couldn't get it done because of injury. It happens. Many of you embarrass me.

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

SixPack's Official Farmer DesotoCountyDawg's Avatar
    Itís not even close to Croom level. Iím sorry yíall are just reaching for everything you can to fit the agenda. And donít get me wrong, thereís absolutely things wrong why this team and coaching staff but itís nowhere near that.

Twitter
    @fishwater99

What are you talking about, I was at State from 87-91. I know about losing football teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
    On the contrary.. I remember the past very well. That's how I know what's going on right now looks like most of it.

and Mullen left the cupboard bare?? Moorhead was gifted the #1 defense in the nation last year and squandered it. He also got a record setting quarterback and a backup QB who (while being coached by an INTIRIM) made Lamar Jackson look like a fool in the Gator Bowl. ...And right now he has a RB who looks like a high NFL pick.

Oh.. and Mullen also left behind a hard nose football culture. ....JoeMo took them water parks.

Bare cupboard?... gtfo
    It's certainly not Croom level - I don't think we'd lose to Maine. But I don't feel like we're heading in the right direction, either.

Twitter
    @fishwater99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post

Bare cupboard?... gtfo
    Joe is in over is head and it's still showing.

Boohoo

So. Moorheadís recruits are Freshmen this year. And we played a crap ton of them Saturday.

Yes, he inherited those Defensive studs, 3 of which were Juniors and left early for the NFL.

But look at the skill positions except for Hill. Mitchell was lightly recruited. Dear is a 9th year Senior who canít beat out a bunch of Stone Hands. Gibson injured. Mayden canít get the offense. KT apparently couldnít beat out a true freshman. 10 are too stupid to even take their own tests.

Guidry canít get away from a defensive end and if he does, he couldnt catch a beach ball.
    Whop falls into the ďTutor 10.Ē

JRed Patterson canít get out of Junior College taking 15 hours of 8th grade level classes.

The upper class DBís(Mullen recruits) are so bad, we had to play true Freshman most of the 2nd half.

And if an opposing player says something about one of our playerís mother, his rage cause ls him to commit stupid penalties. (Soft as cotton).

The 18 recruiting class was pretty much wrapped up when Moorhead got here. Those are Redshirt Freshmen or Sophomores.

So Moorheadís Players are True Freshmen, Redshirt Freshmen, or Sophomores along with 6 or 7 Jucos and 1 Grad Transfer QB with an ďArthriticĒ Shoulder.

Get to 6 or 7 wins with this group and keep the 2020 class together, and things will look a lot brighter than right now. Heck, beat Kentucky even if by 1 point this Saturday, and things will look brighter.

Like it or not, Fitz couldnít run Joeís offense on game day. He could practice the hell out of it, but on game day he kept the ball too much, stared down his primary, or just missed his targets. It was not a good fit for him.

This same offense has won at every level. Tommy looked pretty damn good running it before he got hurt last week. A true freshman looked pretty damn good this week, but heís a true freshman.

Last year was unfortunate, but this year weíre just too young to survive the suspensions and now our starting QB being down.

If Joe ran around yelling like Eddie O, some of the knuckleheads here would probably be okay with it, but an intelligent, articulate guy doesnít get that grace.

I donít know if Joe is the right guy, but he has to be given the opportunity to prove he is or isnít. Like it or not, 2021 is make or break for JoeMo. Everything else is just a bunch of bitchy hot takes.