Do you 17ers forget when Dan only won 5?

Half of you bitching probably once voted for Croom for coach of the year. Our reality is we are going to suck once in a while. Joe hasn't moved the needle up or down from Dan. Stop acting like you expect something, we are mstate. Lastly you 17ing idiots, we are far better off with a healthy Stevens. If Shrader can play DT we may steal one.

8 out of 10 sixpackers like this post
    Chef Pruitt | Coach Pruitt Yes | No

You can lose games and not suck, we did both yesterday.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by tenureplan View Post
    Half of you bitching probably once voted for Croom for coach of the year. Our reality is we are going to suck once in a while. Joe hasn't moved the needle up or down from Dan. Stop acting like you expect something, we are mstate. Lastly you 17ing idiots, we are far better off with a healthy Stevens. If Shrader can play DT we may steal one.
    Moorheadís team has no sense of urgency, lacks organization and is sloppy. These are a direct reflection of the head man. I gave him a pass last year allowing him to adjust to SEC football. Itís obvious he hasnít

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by MrKotter View Post
    Moorheadís team has no sense of urgency, lacks organization and is sloppy. These are a direct reflection of the head man. I gave him a pass last year allowing him to adjust to SEC football. Itís obvious he hasnít
    This^^^^

I like Joe. I think he's a good guy, decent coach but he's probably bitten off a little than he can chew in the SECW.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Long story short there is an "it" factor that one must have to be a successful big time head football coach. Joe just doesn't seem to have "it" at this point.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by thatsbaseball View Post
    Long story short there is an "it" factor that one must have to be a successful big time head football coach. Joe just doesn't seem to have "it" at this point.
    Regardless of Moorhead, Garrett Shrader has 'it'.

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

No, but Jo might as well have been wearing shorts yesterday. Because we looked as disorganized as we were that day.

And a lot of us saw through Croom almost immediately yet we had to drag ass around and 17 off all those extra years proving what was known to many in months. So who exactly are you calling a 17ing idiot....moron.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Dan ainít walking through that door.... if you want to be pissed, be pissed at Stricklin for taking Dan and Cohen for going LT and hiring a replacement ďon the cheapĒ.

I member...

So last year was THE YEAR, one dan had been building up to starting with his 5 win season. Kind of sucks he left before winning 10 games in 18í but nothing we can do about that but move forward. Iíll give Joe a pass for only winning 8 games last year in his first year as a head coach of a big time program. Iím looking at joe and hoping he will be better than dan but at this point Iím like tenureplan here thinking he is roughly same level with a different style. He is going to average 7.5 wins and have a really good run or two during his tenure at state. It is funny to me that most posters have such a reverence for dan like they only remember 14í. Dan would probably not have this offense moving the ball quite as well. We would definitely have the same issues on defense as we currently have, particularly the ones at DLine caused by poor roster management from dan and co. We will have to wait it out. We are young at spots, but we will improve and will go bowling.

Itís not that you lose. Itís how you lose that bothers me. I see a team that is soft and gets pushed around. I see a coach thatís disorganized. I see players that are undisciplined. Dan had his issues too, but for all of the shit we saw at times under Mullen, we never saw any of that.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Those 5 wins got us to a bowl game.

Quote Originally Posted by Drebin View Post
    Itís not that you lose. Itís how you lose that bothers me. I see a team that is soft and gets pushed around. I see a coach thatís disorganized. I see players that are undisciplined. Dan had his issues too, but for all of the shit we saw at times under Mullen, we never saw any of that.
    The USA loss was organized and looked like a team heading in the right direction?

Quote Originally Posted by Nunya View Post
    The USA loss was organized and looked like a team heading in the right direction?
    The USA loss was an inexcusable abortion of a performance. We came into that game clearly unprepared and we didn't take them seriously at all. It was also pretty flukish. We also weren't a very good football team generally that year. But we weren't a finesse football team.

What abt last years defense showed a lack of organization or urgency or was sloppy? Nothing.

Difference this year? A real good dline.

Offense has looked better but still needs to improve.

0 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by paindonthurt View Post
    What abt last years defense showed a lack of organization or urgency or was sloppy? Nothing.

Difference this year? A real good dline.

Offense has looked better but still needs to improve.
    Last year's defense returned in-tact from the previous regime and had all-world players on it. I expected our defense to regress this year. I didn't expect to see us out of position, leaving WRs wide open, and missing tackles. You can lose players and keep an identity. We have lost both.

On offense, I was trying to temper everyone's expectations after the ULL game and most of you weren't having it. I think yesterday shows us that the offense isn't as improved as everyone thought. If KSU can dominate our OL like they did yesterday, we won't win more than two conference games, and that's unacceptable, rebuilding year or not.

The needle has undoubtedly moved down if you pay attention to anything other than W/L

The reason we went 5-7 is Dan didnít start the better qb at the start of the season and took about 4Ė5 games to find an identity. We didnít have much of an identity through the bowl game last year. We havenít looked much like a well oiled machine on offense since Jo has been here. Thatís the problem
    Last edited by trojandawg; 09-15-2019 at 11:49 AM.

Darth Photoshop BigMotherTucker's Avatar
    I felt positive at the end of Mullen's first year. You could feel things moving in the right direction. I feel the opposite with Joe.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

I see a team where plenty of players have improved year over year and we have a true freshman quarterback that actually gets football. a worse D line makes the WRs for the other team get open more. Is Joe the best coach in college football? No. Is he a terrible coach? Also no. We will be a 6 or 7 win team this year which is what most everyone said before the season. If we are a 4 win team this year Iíll admit I was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Cow College View Post
    I see a team where plenty of players have improved year over year and we have a true freshman quarterback that actually gets football. a worse D line makes the WRs for the other team get open more. Is Joe the best coach in college football? No. Is he a terrible coach? Also no. We will be a 6 or 7 win team this year which is what most everyone said before the season. If we are a 4 win team this year Iíll admit I was wrong
    Who has improved? I'll give you Mitchell. Who else? Don't say Tucker Day. People talk about how great he is but he's terrible. Most of his long punts this season have been mis-hits that roll. Don't say Guidry. He still can't catch shit. Don't say Kylin Hill. He was this good last year. Don't say anyone on the offensive line. Don't say anyone on the defensive side of the ball.

So, Mitchell has gotten better. Let's get coach a contract extension.

A shitty to avg kicker that year gets us to 8 wins that year. Fitz tried to put us on his back but 🤷*♂️

Exactly. Regression everywhere and they still look like a bunch football players that have no clue what the play is and how or if they can execute it and the chess master is over there trying to out think himself.

I donít think that people are upset about just yesterdayís game. It sucked for sure. But people are tired of seeing Joe and his coaching staff continue to make stupid, head scratching decisions. There is also never any adjustments by Joe, especially on offense. I will say that Shoop does a good job of adjusting, most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cow College View Post
    Get ready to admit you're wrong.