We need tempo and motivation....

We need fire on the sidelines and a coach that can call the right plays. We have neither...I will admit that KSU is better than what I expected. Probably on the level of Auburn or Texas Am and would have been 14-21 points better than us if not for the freebies on special teams.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Chef Pruitt | Coach Pruitt Yes | No

KSU is a solid team, but they’re not A&M or Auburn good.

It’s just not what Moorhead wants. He wants those checks at the line and it eats into the playclock. He seems more animated this year than he did last year.

Its infuriating. Scar moved the ball all over bama yesterday and incorporated tempo even catching bama with 12 on the field. We arent outscheming anyone with this system as it is

we are not gonna win a lot of games with a true frosh qb regardless of coach but our oline, special team and wr were just awful. Amd we are overall a disorganized mess.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by 8dog View Post
    Its infuriating. Scar moved the ball all over bama yesterday and incorporated tempo even catching bama with 12 on the field. We arent outscheming anyone with this system as it is

we are not gonna win a lot of games with a true frosh qb regardless of coach but our oline, special team and wr were just awful. Amd we are overall a disorganized mess.
    I agree, we will never be a better than average offense in the SEC with the slow tempo/pausing every play at the LOS. Maybe we aren't organized enough to run tempo because the offensive guru needs to break down every defensive alignment. If we line up and run the ball on 3rd and 2, we probably extend that drive.....Very frustrating to watch this team.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

We appear soft. I don’t see a lot of toughness with this team. And they appear to be going through the motions simply “doing what coach told me to do” and then wondering why or appearing lost when a play goes badly. And conversely when a play goes well, I see very little emotion or fire. You hear of “momentum” with regard to one team during a game. It doesn’t seem as if this this team would ever recognize momentum and seize it. They damn sure didn’t yesterday. And these SLOOOOW starts are killing me. Try starting out slow against LSU and see what kind of a hole you find yourself in. It won’t be pretty. I don’t know. Just seems this team has no identity. It has a spring practice feel to wherein they’re all out their learning. It’s frustrating as hell.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

This board does not need tempo or motivation. This board needs an enema.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

We just aren’t very well coached. Overweight, mentally and physically soft, no where near physically ready to compete in the SEC, lost and inexperienced. It’s pretty bad all around and only one man is responsible and he seems to get a 3 year pass to continue what he is doing.

Fear not Manny Diaz May be available sooner than later.***

Didn't fify because you are correct. Just added to it.

we are not gonna win a lot of games with a true frosh qb regardless of coach but our oline, special team and wr were just awful. Amd we are overall a disorganized, undisciplined mess.

I agree about the tempo. Every time we get something going it looks like we have the defense vulnerable and could pop off a big play quickly. But then we check at the LOS, realign, send some guys back and forth in motion, get confused, then waste a play. Or worse, a timeout.

We definitely won’t out scheme anyone. At least Mullen rolled out down different formations and did tempo here and there. I mean I get that we can run a boatload of plays from one formation, but damn, throw a curve every once in a while. (Other than a direct snap to

this is a perfect summary. my take has been that we are a plodding, finesse team which is just an odd combo.

To win in the SEC and especially at MSU, you can't have so many players making so many different reads. The only other guy who stands out that really thought he could out scheme people was Charlie Weiss. A lot of similarities between Weiss and Moorehead.