Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thank God for Hadad and Things that Are True

Itís the anecdote to all the Sunshine pumping. Joe is great too.

Someone has to say it and he does it quite well.

2 out of 4 sixpackers like this post
    Roll Tide What? | 17 You Yes | No

Heís the peopleís voice

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

He really is. And a lone one in the ďmediaĒ.

Iím thankful for it.

Bravo.

I really appreciate Hadad for actually speaking truth. Joel also isnít afraid to speak some truth. Sometimes I feel that Rose Bowl and other guys in the media just says what Cohen tells him to say

6 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

Doesnít Like Tennessee
    So is anything short of ďFire MoorheadĒ sunshine pumping?

2 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

No, definitely not. But listen to it. These things need to be said. The fans think it. He voices it. Heís not saying fire Moorhead, or at least I didnít hear that.

Doesnít Like Tennessee
    Then who is sunshine pumping?

I wonít sit here and debate you, Jerry.

I donít know why this matters so donít want to get into an argument about it.

Listen or donít. Iím just saying itís good.

2 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    Itís the anecdote to all the Sunshine pumping. Joe is great too.

Someone has to say it and he does it quite well.
    Sunshine pumping does no harm. Just annoys the negative nancys.

Let's go all C34 on Joe and have a "social media" voice.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

I made it through 5 "truths". I got lost when hadad34 said a guy that couldnt complete a pass in the 4th quarter should be our qb. Never heard anything about how not having Gibson hurt. I was more pissed about the zone read on 3rd and 9 than the pass on 3rd and 2. We haven't really been any better the past 10 years than we are now except for 2 years when we had a generational qb. When our next coach is the football version of Rick ray, know it's what you asked for.

19 out of 21 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by tenureplan View Post
    We haven't really been any better the past 10 years than we are now except for 2 years when we had a generational qb. When our next coach is the football version of Rick ray, know it's what you asked for.
    now this is a truth.

7 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by tenureplan View Post
    I made it through 5 "truths". I got lost when hadad34 said a guy that couldnt complete a pass in the 4th quarter should be our qb. Never heard anything about how not having Gibson hurt. I was more pissed about the zone read on 3rd and 9 than the pass on 3rd and 2. We haven't really been any better the past 10 years than we are now except for 2 years when we had a generational qb. When our next coach is the football version of Rick ray, know it's what you asked for.
    I would even argue that it’s really been only one year that was any better than all the others in the last decade. We were a one man team in 2015 who got massacred on our home field by the two best teams in the league and also lost to LSU and A&M teams who were not that great.

Quote Originally Posted by MSUDC11 View Post
    I would even argue that it’s really been only one year that was any better than all the others in the last decade. We were a one man team in 2015 who got massacred on our home field by the two best teams in the league and also lost to LSU and A&M teams who were not that great.
    I guess you have us winning 9 this year

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Well I lowered my expectations from 15-0. But not giving up on this team. These guys will come out firing this Saturday. State is better than Kentucky. I agree with tenureplan. This team has a lot to play for. But I definitely think starting positions should be re-Opened. Austin Williams should be on the field a lot more than Guidry and getting his throws.

For me, it's not about better or worse. It's not about how many games we win this year. It's about the identity of the football team. Wins and losses ebb and flow week to week depending on the quality of the opponent and things done within the context of one game. What we are seeing right now is a trend of general offensive sloppiness, general undisciplined play, and general softness up front. These things aren't happening in just one game, they are happening every game. They are things that starting showing last year. These are the things that are foreboding for our future, not an individual season's W-L record. We could go 5-7 and I'd be all in on JoMo if it felt like he was actually building something sustainable. If you disagree with me that's fine - it's your right to be wrong. But take five minutes next game and just focus on how weak we've become on the offensive line and how we are getting pushed around there. That's a good place to start. I'm fussing about symptoms of bigger issues, not a general loss of one game.

11 out of 11 sixpackers like this post

I think the criticism that Moorheadís team are unprepared & the QB position appears chaotic are very deserved.

Honestly, our identity on offense under Moorhead is Ďsloppyí.

6 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

Which I agree with them, for a guy that appears smart and cerebral it doesnít make any sense that our offense seeks so unorganized and disconnected

I have no issues with Hadad's and Coleman's opinion on this one. Again, they weren't calling for him to be fired or saying he'd never succeed. We all agree he's got some issues.

0 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Drebin View Post
    For me, it's not about better or worse. It's not about how many games we win this year. It's about the identity of the football team. Wins and losses ebb and flow week to week depending on the quality of the opponent and things done within the context of one game. What we are seeing right now is a trend of general offensive sloppiness, general undisciplined play, and general softness up front. These things aren't happening in just one game, they are happening every game. They are things that starting showing last year. These are the things that are foreboding for our future, not an individual season's W-L record. We could go 5-7 and I'd be all in on JoMo if it felt like he was actually building something sustainable. If you disagree with me that's fine - it's your right to be wrong. But take five minutes next game and just focus on how weak we've become on the offensive line and how we are getting pushed around there. That's a good place to start. I'm fussing about symptoms of bigger issues, not a general loss of one game.
    I think what you are seeing is a mix of youth and a down game. Sleepy atmosphere at home, and we thought we'd pound them due to last year's result. Instead, they came in here and got after our ass.

If it happens against Kentucky, there will be a lot of people joining you.

Not sure I agree on that stuff happening last year. On the OL, yes, it's been horrible since Moorhead has been here, that has to be fixed. Defense was pounding people.

The biggest problems we have are an injured quarterback and tutorgate suspensions. Tommy Stevens is really good when he is healthy, imo. The tutorgate victims are idiots and they deserve what they got. Not sure how much you can put on Moorhead for that, but if you want to blame him for it then I will not argue. I think we have had a perfect storm of shittiness going on with the football team. For whatever reason we are playing a true freshman quarterback and I donít think anyone should expect to win any games with that along with all of these suspensions. Iím not saying not to blame Moorhead for how we got to this point, but we are basically playing a third or 4th string quarterback that has no business playing SEC football this year and half of our defensive starters are not playing due to injuries or suspensions. It lays at Joeís feet on how we got here I guess, but the talent and experience of what we are putting on the field at the moment is nowhere near what anyone thought it would be a few months ago. We really need Stevens to be healthy to have any chance of salvaging our season since KT either canít or will not play.
    Last edited by campshelbydog842003; 09-16-2019 at 09:41 AM.

10 out of 10 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by campshelbydog842003 View Post
    The biggest problems we have are an injured quarterback and tutorgate suspensions. Tommy Stevens is really good when he is healthy, imo. The tutorgate victims are idiots and they deserve what they got. Not sure how much you can put on Moorhead for that, but if you want to blame him for it then I will not argue. I think we have had a perfect storm of shittiness going on with the football team. For whatever reason we are playing a true freshman quarterback and I donít think anyone should expect to win any games with that along with all of these suspensions. Iím not saying not to blame Moorhead for how we got to this point, but we are basically playing a third or 4th string quarterback that has no business playing SEC football this year and half of our defensive starters are not playing due to injuries or suspensions. It lays at Joeís feet on how we got here I guess, but the talent and experience of what we are putting on the field at the moment is nowhere near what anyone thought it would be a few months ago. We really need Stevens to be healthy to have any chance of savaging our season since KT either canít or will not play.
    Excellent post.

1 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by dawgnabit View Post
    Sometimes I feel that Rose Bowl and other guys in the media just says what Cohen tells him to say
    Ya think?

Case in point. That BS Rosebowl put out about getting to the bottom of Concessiongate. Pointed the finger exactly in the direction that Cohen wanted him to - at Aramark.

And from a front line perspective, they screwed up. But anybody in business knows that if you enter into a contract for a function like that, you better have a staff member that oversees it and works with said contractor to make sure things are running the way the contract says they are supposed to.

It should come as no surprise that Rosebowl didnít think of that, and even if he had, he wouldnít have asked who the staffer was that was responsible for the Aramark relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingRabbit View Post
    Sunshine pumping does no harm. Just annoys the negative nancys.

Let's go all C34 on Joe and have a "social media" voice.
    At the end of the day it does no harm other than to make those who engage in it look shallow.

1 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Doesnít Like Tennessee
    Thanks Banya. My question is because you and a few others refer to folks as sunshine pumpers, when I donít think Iíve read too many stories or posts where anyone thinks everything is a-ok.

So I guess anything short of being stark raving mad and calling for Moorheadís job is sunshine pumping.

We hired a guy with no experience as a head coach at this level and there will be some OTJ learning. It may go well, and it may not.

I like Brian and have listened to every one of his shows since he began working with Bob. He does a great job and Iím a fan. Kudos to him for building his own brand and for continuing to work to help State get better.

Brian has also followed college sports long enough to know that coaching hires are hit and miss, mostly miss, and there is no guarantee that the guy after Moorhead will be an improvement. It may be worth it to see if JoMo can learn from these mistakes and get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Diggin Out Yo Wife View Post
    I think what you are seeing is a mix of youth and a down game. Sleepy atmosphere at home, and we thought we'd pound them due to last year's result. Instead, they came in here and got after our ass.

If it happens against Kentucky, there will be a lot of people joining you.

Not sure I agree on that stuff happening last year. On the OL, yes, it's been horrible since Moorhead has been here, that has to be fixed. Defense was pounding people.
    Defense was pounding people because that's what he inherited. I give Shoop credit for not doing too much to mess it up, and I think Shoop is doing the best with what he has this year.

Yes, youth is an issue. Yes, suspensions aren't helping. But it's more than that. We didn't have a down game. We played exactly like we've played all year.

Good post. I wonder what KT did or said that has him on the bench. It has to be something like that. I do know a player can run his mouth or do things that force a coach to bench him if the coach has any hope of not spoiling whatever he has accomplished with the rest of the team.

Also I think our O line consists of big sloppy players. They get beat on too many plays. Would be nice to blame it on strength and conditioning, but they look slow and sloppy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MeridianDog View Post
    Good post. I wonder what KT did or said that has him on the bench. It has to be something like that. I do know a player can run his mouth or do things that force a coach to bench him if the coach has any hope of not spoiling whatever he has accomplished with the rest of the team.

Also I think our O line consists of big sloppy players. They get beat on too many plays. Would be nice to blame it on strength and conditioning, but they look slow and sloppy to me.
    Except for Reese, these are Mullen's/Big Heavy's 2 star wonder boys.

Doesnít Like Tennessee
    I think people forget that it took Mullen some time to learn on the job here as well. Yes, we had the early Gator Bowl year in 2010, which was awesome, but there were even people then that said he did it with Croomís recruits (of all things)...

Then in 2011 and 2013 we entered the Egg Bowl at 5-6 and went on to finish 7-6 both times.

In 2013 we started off 7-0, then won 1 more game the entire rest of the year.

I guarantee you that if you read this board from back then there were people calling for his head that whole time. Glad we hung in there.

Programs that allow coaches time to build ALMOST always come out ahead.

Programs that coach-hop habitually seem to always end up at the bottom. See: Tennessee, Ole Miss.

4 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by MeridianDog View Post

Kansas State stacked the box and would not allow us to beat them with Hill. A healthy Tommy Stevens would have eventually loosened them up and our OL would have looked fine. We have to be able to throw the ball or this offense simply will not work. The run and pass game are connected. If Tommy is not able to play at full strength we are done.

Quote Originally Posted by 57stratdawg View Post
    I think the criticism that Moorheadís team are unprepared & the QB position appears chaotic are very deserved.

Sloppy Joe.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

And we bunched formations to help them

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogg31 View Post
    I think people forget that it took Mullen some time to learn on the job here as well. Yes, we had the early Gator Bowl year in 2010, which was awesome, but there were even people then that said he did it with Croomís recruits (of all things)...

Then in 2011 and 2013 we entered the Egg Bowl at 5-6 and went on to finish 7-6 both times.

In 2013 we started off 7-0, then won 1 more game the entire rest of the year.

I guarantee you that if you read this board from back then there were people calling for his head that whole time. Glad we hung in there.

Programs that allow coaches time to build ALMOST always come out ahead.

Programs that coach-hop habitually seem to always end up at the bottom. See: Tennessee, Ole Miss.
    How did you feel leaving the stadium after a loss during Mullen's first year? I'll tell you how I felt: "Man, it sucks to lose, but he's really changing the culture of this program and our guys are buying in and playing hard."

How did you feel after leaving the stadium Saturday? I'll tell you how I felt: "Man, what happened to our team? Where's the toughness? Where's the adjustments? Where's the discipline?"

Mullen was handed a Pinto and had to work to turn it into something.

Moorhead was handed a Cadillac and all he had to do was maintain and not screw it up.

Thus, your comparison is faulty.

8 out of 11 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Drebin View Post
    This hit the nail on the head for me. Itís not just about our record. When we went 5-7 in the first year under Mullen, I had a better feeling of the direction of the program than I did when Moorhead went 8-4 last year. And I know Mullen going 5-7 felt great at the time because we were coming off of Croom. But that team fought hard, was prepared, and found themselves competitive in almost every game we played. So far, in 16 games, Iím still not sure what Iím going to get out of Moorhead. I feel some games, we are prepared and show toughness and some games it looks like a pop warner team out there. Brandon Walker also hit it last night on his show.... this team constantly fold under pressure. For some reason you can tell in the demeanor of the team that they are going to lose the game. After the KO return Saturday, the team folded.

4 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

It makes no sense to me. If you're not going to play him, why did you even ask him not to transfer in the first place?

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

its not about ego, its about winning football games...period. if he wants to make an example at the expense of the university, i would rather he do it at a place like fordham.

2 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Just listened, I agree with Hadad on a few things and disagree on others (so pretty much the norm). The comment about us having a smart, supposedly organized coach but not a smart or organized team was pretty spot on. I do think Hadad's comments about the QB position are a little off base and don't take into effect how big of a difference the Stevens injury makes. And we can't really be that innovative on offense when you're having to play a freshman that simply isn't ready yet. There are quite a few things about our QB room that Joe really can't help right now.

Stevens - has looked good when healthy, but unfortunately is not healthy right now
    KT - not a good fit for this offense, quit on his team a week before the season, also supposedly not healthy right now
    Mayden - still just a freshman and also involved in tutorgate
    Shrader - Tough as nails, but still a true freshman that's really raw and would be redshirting if we could count on the other backups in the QB room at all

I also thought the harping on the QB rushing yards was silly. Two of our three touchdowns were on QB runs and Shrader had almost 100 yards on over 8 YPC. The bigger issue is that without a healthy Stevens were are not a good passing team right now. But again, I think it's reasonable to expect the offense to not be as good when your starting QB is injured and you're having to play a true freshman backup. Joe's not doing a perfect coaching job, but I also don't think people are acknowledging that he's been dealt a really tough hand with injuries and suspensions and we're less than a month into the season.
    Last edited by MSUDC11; 09-16-2019 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 57stratdawg View Post

QB position is chaotic? Of course it is, our choices at QB are a grad transfer with no starting experience who cannot stay healthy, and a true freshmen. Dak Prescott ainít walking through that door. When those are your choices at the most important position on the field, you are going to be inconsistent on offense....under any coach in any system. No two ways about it.

To be clear, Moorhead has pissed me off too with a lot of his in-game decision making and personnel management too. But thatís always going to be the case. People have been bitching about coaching game management since the beginning of time for every coach in every sport at MSU. Heíll get this year and next to work it out. And he will absolutely never be fired as long as we are winning 6-8 per year, so any suggestion of it is just wasted breath and keystrokes.

The only person Hadad said should be fired is Joey Jones (at the end of the show), and I agree with him 100%.

Do we know if they asked him to stay or just agreed that he could?

Whatever happened might have happened after he came back?

I have seen players poison a team in the locker room or on the practice field. Sometimes in as little as one practice.

Please understand, I agree about winning. However, you either fix a problem or get rid of it. Sometimes your problems will kill you if you don't fix them.