Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggin Out Yo Wife View Post
    I think what you are seeing is a mix of youth and a down game. Sleepy atmosphere at home, and we thought we'd pound them due to last year's result. Instead, they came in here and got after our ass.

If it happens against Kentucky, there will be a lot of people joining you.

Not sure I agree on that stuff happening last year. On the OL, yes, it's been horrible since Moorhead has been here, that has to be fixed. Defense was pounding people.
    I don't agree. I think what we are seeing this year is more of a reflection of who Moorhead is than last year. Last year, we had players that still had the culture of the previous regime. That team wasn't a complete reflection of Moorhead.

This is also why it's prudent to wait and see how Lemonis will turn out. He's another coach who was handed a full cupboard with players that had the culture of the previous regime. I think that this year, we will see if last year's baseball team was more player lead in regards to will to win and toughness.

Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Len2003 View Post

This is also why it's prudent to wait and see how Lemonis will turn out. He's another coach who was handed a full cupboard with players that had the culture of the previous regime. I think that this year, we will see if last year's baseball team was more player lead in regards to will to win and toughness.
    If this is your mindset then go ahead and prepare your anti-Lemonis rhetoric. Because we lost one of our all-time great hitters, the best starting pitcher in college baseball, and several other important arms, so we probably won't be as good. Even though that's not on Lemonis at all, it will certainly be blamed on him. You'll have to wait 2-3 more years to see what Lemonis's recruits are like, most of them are still in high school.

I could agree with this completely if we had any WRs outside of Mitchell that could get open or catch the 17ing ball. You kinda need receivers and competent Oline for offensive savant stuff. A healthy, experienced QB MIGHT help too.

Offense savantnessless isnít our problem.

Itís discipline.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Drebin View Post
    I think we were sold a bill of goods.
    And gave him a slant six with two cylinders not firing instead of a hemi with a four barrel.

That said he still keeps breaking the green light or spinning out so we donít have any idea what he can do with either engine.

Yíall need to stay on point.

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedMaroonDawg View Post
    I could agree with this completely if we had any WRs outside of Mitchell that could get open or catch the 17ing ball. You kinda need receivers and competent Oline for offensive savant stuff. A healthy, experienced QB MIGHT help too.

Offense savantnessless isnít our problem.

Itís discipline.
    Guidry should be demoted to third team for that lazy-ass shit he pulled Saturday. To reach up half-assed and tip a ball that you should have gone up and caught with two hands? You have to know you are gift-wrapping an INT there. And they scored off that turnover.

Just terrible, poor effort there. And you're right....it's the rule, not the exception.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

I donít listen to anyone but myself and I donít need it explained to me what the 17 is wrong with our team right now.

I do wish that Vic would give a master class in discipline and attitude in your players. Donít know if we would win more but we might not have a hurt QB, suspended players, more than one decent wide receiver, and a defense that knocks the 17 out of people like they used to.

Yeah, I can figure that out by myself.

FWIW, Matt Wyatt just said on his show that he was told (but not by a coach) that KT is banged up.
    "Enjoy every sandwich" - Warren Zevon

Guidry should be demoted to third team for that lazy-ass shit he pulled Saturday. To reach up half-assed and tip a ball that you should have gone up and caught with two hands? You have to know you are gift-wrapping an INT there. And they scored off that turnover.

Just terrible, poor effort there. And you're right....it's the rule, not the exception.
    Thanks for putting words out there that matches my thoughts.

Itís a shame Schrader canít lend that kid some of his balls and beard

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogg31 View Post
    Brian has also followed college sports long enough to know that coaching hires are hit and miss, mostly miss, and there is no guarantee that the guy after Moorhead will be an improvement. It may be worth it to see if JoMo can learn from these mistakes and get better.
    That's the reality of who we can hire. We are going to hire unproven coordinators as HC's, let them learn on the job, and hope they're successful but not too successful so they don't leave.

An interesting stat is the one that states that in under 1.5 years, Joe has already lost 4 games in which he was a 6.5 pt favorite or better.

Some like to keep talking about unreasonable expectations from last season and possibly this one as well, but he is clearly losing games that allegedly unbiased oddsmakers think he should be winning

Guidry pouted after the game too. Would not shake K-State's hands. Malik Dear either.

I say run his ass. I don't care what he did against aTm last year. We have other guys.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

An interesting stat is the one that states that in under 1.5 years, Joe has already lost 4 games in which he was a 6.5 pt favorite or better.

Some like to keep talking about unreasonable expectations from last season and possibly this one as well, but he is clearly losing games that allegedly unbiased oddsmakers think he should be winning

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

If I'm ever poisoned, I expect to hear some really good stories.

To be fair though... Hadad always has a bearish outlook on the state of the program. He just happens to be right this time around.

Happiness = reality - expectations. Want to guess why a lot of you are unhappy?

Quote Originally Posted by Diggin Out Yo Wife View Post
    I don't downvote anything. Never have. If I disagree with you I tell you.
    You do realize that there are ways to track this, right?

I so love this forum.... whatever one may think he's feeling he can find it vomited on threads like this. But I'm gonna hurl too:

JoMo looked like a pretty weak coach against KSU, the team looked undisciplined and started the game like KSU was supposed to rollover. Bad look. Really bad.

JoMo is our guy now. Hadad didn't say to fire him, but he scraped a lot of bark off the tree.

We got issues and getting to 6 wins is going to be really tough this year. If we drop the game this weekend to UK, we'll be lucky to get 5 wins and Jo Mo's ass will be burning all next year. Let's hope the English Literature genius can figure it out.

He's been dealt a pretty sh!tty hand with tutorgate and injuries, but he's gonna need to do something if he wants to keep coaching at this level. Up to now at least all 'the experts' say he's got the ability. We'll see how the season plays out.

I'm worried about the poor tackling. Not seeing much fire on defense. KSU looked a lot stronger and more physical.