Is there a realistic scenario that gets moorhead fired after this season....

I'm not talking about off the field stuff like getting caught texting a mistress during games or calling hookers on your work phone. I'm referring to the on-field performance of the team.

If what we have experienced these past 16 games is the real Joe Moorhead then he is never going to get the job done and is just wasting time and money the longer he sticks around. So is it possible that his team could perform so poorly that he gets bounced this season and if so what would that look like? With that let me say while I am now definitely OFF the sloppy joe bandwagon, I am not and cannot root for this the team to completely tank just to get rid of a coach. This is just pure conjecture because after what I saw Sat the notion of a complete implosion is now within the realm of possibility.

Assuming we continue to see a similar level of sloppy, disorganized, undermotivated play from the team what record, if any, would get him sacked?

Thoughts?

1 out of 5 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Team would have to quit, and we go 3-9, and get beaten by Ole Miss at home. It's not happening, not even close.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

November 2020.
    ďIím not going to take anything off the table at this point in time ... but I will tell you this,Ē Cohen began, ďthis person is going to have serious baseball experience as a head coach. This person is going to have made trips to Omaha, Nebraska. This person is going to have expertise in an area of the game and in all facets of the game. And this person is going to make our fan base very happy.Ē - Intense Bastard, April 5, 2018.

1 out of 3 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

No.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

No.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

I agree with you on that. It wont happen this year. Not unless he does something really stupid off the field.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Firing Moorhead would be the stupidest thing ever

3 out of 5 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by thekimmer View Post
    I'm not talking about off the field stuff like getting caught texting a mistress during games or calling hookers on your work phone. I'm referring to the on-field performance of the team.

If what we have experienced these past 16 games is the real Joe Moorhead then he is never going to get the job done and is just wasting time and money the longer he sticks around. So is it possible that his team could perform so poorly that he gets bounced this season and if so what would that look like? With that let me say while I am now definitely OFF the sloppy joe bandwagon, I am not and cannot root for this the team to completely tank just to get rid of a coach. This is just pure conjecture because after what I saw Sat the notion of a complete implosion is now within the realm of possibility.

Assuming we continue to see a similar level of sloppy, disorganized, undermotivated play from the team what record, if any, would get him sacked?

Thoughts?
    I've got several MSU "friends" that are rooting against us the remainder of the year. (to expedite the process of moving on with another coach)
    That seems to be the wrong kind of "apathy".

How did we come to this type of mentality with a significant portion of the fan base?

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Your friends are idiots. I'm disappointed as hell, and I'm not even close to sure that Moorhead is the long-term answer for us, but we've still got a good chance to get to 7 wins, which is a decent season. I hope we kick Kentucky's ass this weekend.

4 out of 5 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgtruc View Post
    I've got several MSU "friends" that are rooting against us the remainder of the year. (to expedite the process of moving on with another coach)
    That seems to be the wrong kind of "apathy".

How did we come to this type of mentality with a significant portion of the fan base?
    This post is like pretty much every post you've ever made on this board: bullshit.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Twitter
    @clayvaughn33
    No way.
    I've polished a seat in every SEC football stadium with my butt.

J_e M__rhead - Where's the O?

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

4-6 might do it.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

No. Our way is to ride it out until it gets better or ruins us for 10 years.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

The only way Moorhead is not here in 2020 is if James Franklin leaves for USC and a flustered Penn State hires him.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by DogStuckAtUM View Post
    The only way Moorhead is not here in 2020 is if James Franklin leaves for USC and a flustered Penn State hires him.
    There is no way Penn State hires sloppy joe even as an OC.

0 out of 3 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

i will never root against State or hope we tank. that's just dumb. I hope that we figure it and win. I'm just not confident that we will. that's the difference.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

i could see that. I could also see a flustered Jo leaving to go back to the Northeast.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by trojandawg View Post
    i could see that. I could also see a flustered Jo leaving to go back to the Northeast.
    You better believe he's taking Garrett Shrader with him, if that happens.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Shrader may be the only QB other than rogers we have in the QB room next year. So Sophomore and true freshmen. That's really building. **

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Drebin View Post
    This post is like pretty much every post you've ever made on this board: bullshit.
    It's up to 5 people, that have had a chance to sleep on it a couple of days, and still wish for us to tank the rest of the season. 2 of them post regularly on this very forum.

0 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Shrader may be the only QB other than rogers we have in the QB room next year. So Sophomore and true freshmen. That's really building. **
    Only you would use that situation to crack on Moorhead. It happens all over the country but you use this situation to make your dumb point. Your hero Mullen had a razor thin QB situation most years himself.

You know he's going to get a JUCO or transfer QB (if Thompson leaves). How can you expect me not to call you an idiot over posts like this?

Moorhead has given you enough ammo to crack on the stuff he HAS done wrong. Not sure why you fixate on the stuff where he really hasn't. You give Mullen the benefit of the doubt on Tyson Lee not pitching to Dixon but you blame Moorhead for Osirus Mitchell's drop. You have an agenda.
    Last edited by Diggin Out Yo Wife; 09-16-2019 at 09:26 AM.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

i will never root against State or hope we tank. that's just dumb. I hope that we figure it and win. I'm just not confident that we will. that's the difference.
    Iím right there with you on that. I would question someone as a real fan if they were rooting for a loss.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgtruc View Post
    It's up to 5 people, that have had a chance to sleep on it a couple of days, and still wish for us to tank the rest of the season. 2 of them post regularly on this very forum.
    Yeah, it's bullshit. Nobody who's a true State fan and is invested in this program wants State to lose. If what you say is true, you need new friends.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

it's much bigger than a drop or a pitch. which you refuse to see. wasting my time debating anything with you.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by ronpolk View Post
    I’m right there with you on that. I would question someone as a real fan if they were rooting for a loss.

ONLY time I have rooted against MSU in a game was the 2008 egg bowl. We knew we were going to lose. So let it be bad enough for Croom to be gone. It was.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    ONLY time I have rooted against MSU in a game was the 2008 egg bowl. We knew we were going to lose. So let it be bad enough for Croom to be gone. It was.
    I wasn't rooting for us to lose going into it, but once it was apparent it was going to be a blowout, I was hoping for a big number. I think word started circulating around halftime that Byrne was going to can Croom after the game so ultimately it ended up not mattering.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

if he doesn't beat bama, he should be fired during the presser after the game.

after all, mullen was 9/10 against bama.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

There are 9 regular season games left.

We lose 7 of them and one is Abilene Christian or Ole Miss, itís worth a conversation.

We lose 8 of them and one is Abilene Christian or Ole Miss, itís realistic.

If we end up not bowl-eligible, but beat Ole Miss, he probably buys himself another year because there will be no bowl game for him to 17 up and leave the season on a sour note.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Only way he will not be our coach next year: Heís got to win 6 games or more. Pitt has to fire Narduzzi, and Moorhead has to want to go back home. The public perception will be that we lost a coach to Pitt, but itís really a huge win so we can bring in someone with some actual head coaching experience.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

No

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

No

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No