OT: Comcast, CSPIRE Fiber, YouTubeTV, or other

Cancelling DirectTV and AT&TFiber since they cannot keep their word on pricing. Looking for good alternative in Flowood area for high speed internet and TV for under $150/month including taxes. We basically watch live sports only. Cspire Fiber is available but looks to be more expensive than Comcast. Would consider coupling Cspire Fiber with a streaming provider like YoutubeTV. Anyone have experience with Comcast's wireless boxes?

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

I had Comcast internet until 2014 when I left Flowood and had no issues. Yes, overall they're a bunch of slugs and liars too but I had no issues w/ internet and didn't have to ever deal w/ customer service on the phone

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

What Would Freezus Do? hatfieldms's Avatar
    Get the fiber internet and YouTubetv

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

CSPIRE fiber $80 plus Hulu Live $50 puts you right at $130. I also like YouTube TV. My wife found some Hulu original content she likes so we've stayed on Hulu. Zero complaints other than no NFL Network (not available with YouTube TV either)

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

We have Cspire internet and use Hulu for tv. Added the hbo option and we are right around $150/mo. Donít miss the NFL network at all. Lot of the Thursday games are on Prime.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Are you a cspire wireless customer. I have their internet and YouTube tv. If you are a wireless customer, you get a $10 per month discount

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

FYI

YouTubeTV doesnít work with watchespn any longer. You can watch games that are on the normal ESPN networks, but you no longer have access to watchespn only content.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

I'm in the Flowood area... spend $60/month on Comcast internet + $50 a month on PS Vue (You don't have to have a Playstation for it) and it gets you every football game on TV, except for CBS (a $12 digital antenna will fix this). We run our PS Vue account from September - December, so $200 for football, then shut it off until next season.

We also have Netflix & Amazon Prime, but that's beside the point.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

What Would Freezus Do? hatfieldms's Avatar
    When did that happen? I was using the watch espn app with my yiutubetv account on Saturday

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Are you referring to ESPN+ content? Because that's separate.
    ...Ole Miss fans do not believe in Jesus.
    Dawgstudent, 12-12-13

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by graphicBYdesign View Post
    YouTubeTV doesnít work with watchespn any longer. You can watch games that are on the normal ESPN networks, but you no longer have access to watchespn only content.
    Since when? Iím currently watching our press conference on WatchESPN using my YouTube TV login. Are you sure youíre not thinking about ESPN+?

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

I had the Comcast wireless box and I really enjoyed it. It was great when watching March Madness and other sports because you can put the scores of the other games on the side and itís very quick and easy for flipping through sports. Currently, we have YouTube TV and are enjoying that. Very easy and works well.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by dawgnabit View Post
    Since when? Iím currently watching our press conference on WatchESPN using my YouTube TV login. Are you sure youíre not thinking about ESPN+?
    According to this, it hasnít worked since Sept 1.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cor...bscribers/amp/

I logged on to watchespn and watched part of the ole miss game. It denied my access to content that was only available on watchespn.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by graphicBYdesign View Post
    According to this, it hasnít worked since Sept 1.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cor...bscribers/amp/

I logged on to watchespn and watched part of the ole miss game. It denied my access to content that was only available on watchespn.
    This is very similar way to what happened with DIRECTV NOW, at launch ESPN3 was supported for YouTube TV customers now though YouTube TV customers can no longer access ESPN3. Now YouTube TV subscribers can still use the ESPN app to access streams of ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU etc you just wonít be able to access ESPN3 content.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Exactly! Itís pretty frustrating.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

We are in Madison. We have Comcast 150Mbps for $50 and Hulu Live for $48 per month. Haven't had any issues with Comcast in the 5 years that we have had it. Buy your own modem, it will pay for itself in about 6-8 months vs leasing theirs.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Delete
    Last edited by 8dog; 09-16-2019 at 02:00 PM.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No