Something that itís time for this board to admit

Nick Fitzgerald was not the problem last year

At this point, we have played two of the same opponents.

Louisiana

2018- 276 yds passing, 331 yds rushing. 607 total
    2019- 226 yds passing, 271 yds rushing. 497 total

Kansas State

2018- 154 yds passing, 384 yds rushing. 538 total
    2019- 151 yds passing, 201 yds rushing. 362 total

1) In spite of all the comments during the last two weeks about how the offense has been clearly better this year now that Joe has ďhis guysĒ, the numbers say the opposite. We are statistically worse in every facet

2) while we kept hearing all year that Fitz couldnít run the RPO, fans continuously discounted what he did bring to the table

Fitz was not the problem, folks

9 out of 22 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Im not defending either party but kansas state is twenty times better than last year and we played a hurt qb and a true frosh

that stat has no merit to me at this point

17 out of 19 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

I think Fitz was a liability when we played top tier talent that required us to throw. Also, our WRs weren't getting open either. I'm not going to be an absolutist about it. There's plenty of blame to go around.
    90 percent of college football teams do not cheat...the other 10 percent are ranked.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

4 national championships in 5 seasons at NDSU. Coach knows what he's doing.

Here's what their players were saying:

“We didn’t play a consistent game all the way through. We had a lot of big mistakes that let them back in the game. We should have won handily.” -That's a true statement and very disturbing.

“We were all in there saying, ‘We are the better team,’” Mittie, a senior defensive tackle, said. “After that half we could all tell that we were. We just had to keep playing our game.”

Add it up, and the Bulldogs scored all 24 of their points immediately after the Wildcats gave them a gift. That’s not good.

Read more here: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

You can't compare this year and last year. We are a different team. Both of those teams are different.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Mullen's system made it hard to upset teams with more talent. Almost impossibly hard b/c we couldn't beat them over the top.

JoMo's system makes it hard to beat any team with more, equal or even slightly less talent.

2 out of 6 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Seinfeld View Post
    No, we haven't.

To equate this year's KSU team to last year's and attempt to draw some comparison from it is just asinine.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Fitz was really bad last year. We might have structural, conceptual issues with our offense too. But, Fitz was terrible through the air in 2018.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Louisiana

Kansas State

1) In spite of all the comments during the last two weeks about how the offense has been clearly better this year now that Joe has ďhis guysĒ, the numbers say the opposite. We are statistically worse in every facet

2) while we kept hearing all year that Fitz couldnít run the RPO, fans continuously discounted what he did bring to the table

Put last years defense on this years team and your offensive numbers will be considerably different. Trying to compare the offensive stats from these two games without the consideration of the defense is retarded.

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Twitter
    @fishwater99
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Mullen's system made it hard to upset teams with more talent. Almost impossibly hard b/c we couldn't beat them over the top.

JoMo's system makes it hard to beat any team with more, equal or even slightly less talent.

Ouch...

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

I agree Kansas State had the best team. No doubt about it. The score could have and should have been much worse.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Fitz was not good last year. Moorhead tried to make Fitz a prolific passer, which I thought was stupid. He's simply not. But hey, it's 2019, that team is no more, and Joe just coached his 16th game in Starkville. The patterns I see is:

Lack of discipline
    Lack of toughness
    Piss poor tackling
    Strength and Conditioning has slid
    Offensive confusion
    Lack of awareness
    Lack of composure when facing an ornery opponent
    Misuse of strengths

Just last Saturday I saw our linebackers continue to take poor angles and hit ball carriers to 17ing high. I also saw yet another game where the opponent got into the heads of players who should be focused on their job but weren't. At the end of the game the damn recievers never moved on the last snap. No 17ing edge to these guys. None. Schrader, Hill and Mitchell seemed to want to be on the field. But I sense this team as a whole just isn't buying in.

Before week one I said I had a bad feeling about this season, not because of any one player, but this coaching staff hasn't shown me shit. Players come and go. I know we aren't anywhere near Croomtastic levels yet, but I have zero confidence in this coach when playing a tough, determined football team.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Lack of discipline. Lack of attention to detail. Lack of consistent effort. Adds up to a guy who does not appear to understand how to run a program at this level.
    ďIím not going to take anything off the table at this point in time ... but I will tell you this,Ē Cohen began, ďthis person is going to have serious baseball experience as a head coach. This person is going to have made trips to Omaha, Nebraska. This person is going to have expertise in an area of the game and in all facets of the game. And this person is going to make our fan base very happy.Ē - Intense Bastard, April 5, 2018.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Agree.

nm
    I don't always drink but when I do I become a message board genius**

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

In my opinion the suspensions are really hurting this team especially on defense

If we had Autry, Gay, Murphy it would be very helpful.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by coach66 View Post
    If we had Autry, Gay, Murphy it would be very helpful.
    I agree that it would help. But the ones out there can play with better effort. Tackle better. Be more disciplined. We look like our coaching staff speaks Latin and we only understand Pig Latin.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Oh I agree but those three are pretty talented players and physical players that

hopefully would change some attitudes if they were out there.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Selective stats monitoring. Gosh if they hadn't screwed up all those times KSU would have won going away...but no mention that we screwed up the same number of times. They won the game by 7 and were down by 7. Ksu was also outrushed 201-146, which isn't the sign of a dominant win...unless we are proclaiming we are a triple option or some other run first, last, always offense.

A healthy TS would have been huge, since you could see they had ZERO answer for osirus... and when they did, he pulled the one hand over the shoulder catch for the TD.

This game felt a hell of a lot like Kensucky last year. KsU came in with a chip and a whole lot of mouthing and we continue to have an undisciplined response.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Dantzler, Gay and Autry would have made a huge difference. Plus Murphy on Special Teams and is a Top reserve DB, who was expected to play significant snaps each game.

The key tutorgate suspendees need to play in these remaining games,

Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas and Mississippi. Autry will only get to play in 3 of those.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

What's amazing is as bad as the D looked(particularly early), they gave up just 269 total yards. And 7 of KSU's points came on the k/o return breakdown. The D did enough if the offense had been clicking and if kick return coverage had been up to snuff. Of course our qb situation didn't help either.

Oh well....if if if would have made a big difference in the game.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

The part I was most disappointed in was the offensive line did not have much success blocking KSU at all. I know we have a couple guys out but still that took a lot of wind out of my sails. If they cant block nothing else works offensively.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

We are as unpolished as any team we have had for several years. Lost ball in high weeds. Hope it gets better.
    Jack may be gone, but he is "EVER PRESENT"

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Louisiana

Kansas State

1) In spite of all the comments during the last two weeks about how the offense has been clearly better this year now that Joe has “his guys”, the numbers say the opposite. We are statistically worse in every facet

2) while we kept hearing all year that Fitz couldn’t run the RPO, fans continuously discounted what he did bring to the table

That's a lot of effort to make a terrible point.
    Comparing a totally different team to another totally different team is absurd.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    4 national championships in 5 seasons at NDSU. Coach knows what he's doing.

Here's what their players were saying:

“We didn’t play a consistent game all the way through. We had a lot of big mistakes that let them back in the game. We should have won handily.” -That's a true statement and very disturbing.

“We were all in there saying, ‘We are the better team,’” Mittie, a senior defensive tackle, said. “After that half we could all tell that we were. We just had to keep playing our game.”

Add it up, and the Bulldogs scored all 24 of their points immediately after the Wildcats gave them a gift. That’s not good.

Read more here: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy
    Somehow Kansas State managed to hire a more experienced and winning head coach than we did. It showed, big time. He had less talent, at least according to recruiting rankings, but minus mistakes they beat us rather easily.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by aTotal360 View Post
    I think Fitz was a liability when we played top tier talent that required us to throw. Also, our WRs weren't getting open either. I'm not going to be an absolutist about it. There's plenty of blame to go around.
    Also their ends were in his face before he could look up. When he had time to set his feet and not rush the throw he wasn't bad, which was only against weaker pass rush, but speed up his mechanics just a little he looked awful.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg1976 View Post
    What's amazing is as bad as the D looked(particularly early), they gave up just 269 total yards. And 7 of KSU's points came on the k/o return breakdown. The D did enough if the offense had been clicking and if kick return coverage had been up to snuff. Of course our qb situation didn't help either.

Oh well....if if if would have made a big difference in the game.
    The problem is the offense and special teams. We all know that.

Stevens fixes the offense. Some brainpower would fix the special teams.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by ArrowDawg View Post
    Somehow Kansas State managed to hire a more experienced and winning head coach than we did. It showed, big time. He had less talent, at least according to recruiting rankings, but minus mistakes they beat us rather easily.
    Why would their mistakes be ignored? I've never understood this approach to discussion.

Well if it weren't for our suspensions, QBs injry, and poor special teams execution- MSU would have beaten them rather easily.

That makes as much sense.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Last year we had a premier defense. This year we barely have a non power 5 defense.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by mstateglfr View Post
    Why would their mistakes be ignored? I've never understood this approach to discussion.

Well if it weren't for our suspensions, QBs injry, and poor special teams execution- MSU would have beaten them rather easily.

That makes as much sense.
    Itís amazing how people forget all, that.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No