We point with our thumbs not a finger. We look in the mirror not out the window.

Remember this crap from last year? Just coach speak from Joe. He has not demonstrated the competencies of a Leader, other than his mouth. Where is the accountability? Has no answer for the Autry fiasco. Joey Jones still has a job. Moorhead is really good at running his mouth. Not so good at execution.

5 out of 10 sixpackers like this post
    Chef Pruitt | Coach Pruitt Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by forestdepth View Post
    Remember this crap from last year? Just coach speak from Joe. He has not demonstrated the competencies of a Leader, other than his mouth. Where is the accountability? Has no answer for the Autry fiasco. Joey Jones still has a job. Moorhead is really good at running his mouth. Not so good at execution.
    I assume you watched his press conference from today. I couldn't stomach but the first 3 minutes. Nothing but meaningless coachspeak.

I wanted to see what he had to say about Saturday's game. I could not believe he actually said he was happy with the teams effort. I don't expect him to throw a chair across the room, but an acknowledgement that effort and intensity was lacking, not to mention coaching, would be welcome. He comes across as lackadaisical, who really doesn't care if he wins or loses. If this is the way he is with the players, no wonder they are going downhill.

I really want him to succeed. I have always wanted to have a pass first offense. But I am really worried he doesn't have the personality of a leader.

7 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

Meh, I don't really see anything wrong with what he said. You can roll your eyes at him using cliches or coachspeak but I don't think he's burying his head in the sand or anything like that. I think he's a smart guy and realizes we have issues that need to be fixed, but the coming games will show if he's actually capable of finding solutions for those problems.

Don't read too much into what a coach says in a press conference. His presser after the Kentucky game last year was amazing, he was pissed off and saying all the right things. Then we looked exactly the same against Florida less than a week later. His press conferences before the Auburn and A&M games were totally forgettable but we looked much more prepared for those games. Mullen's press conferences were a total waste of time for 9 years. It's just a press conference, don't necessarily take it as an indication of what's to come. We may stink it up on Saturday but I don't think what he said today will have anything to do with it.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

I am ready for a press conference where he goes atleast the entire press conference actually delivering a review of the 17n game.

Show some fire. Talk about the shit tackling, the lack of attack on defense, the shit play on special teams, the lack of blocking on the OL, the pace of play, the playcalling, the lack of discipline by our players, and the stupid ass throwing punches and shit after the play.

Look at well coached teams, and not 25% of that shit happens. Worry about the teams goals, the scoreboard, and STFU otherwise.....team wide.

best 22nd post on the internet.

Delete

ďThey donít care how much you know till they know how much you care.Ē

Iíll say losing makes that shit annoying. But losing makes most things annoying I reckon.

Meaningless fluff, as most post-game press conferences are...sort of like the recently released depth chart which lists several players that are either injured/suspended/etc....meaningless fluff.

Quote Originally Posted by forestdepth View Post
    Joey Jones still has a job.
    We need to return 3 kick-offs for TD's, block 4 punts, put all kick-offs in the endzone, etc...to justify this.
    If you sense rejoicing over Freeze's resignation, it's centered around the satisfaction of a sanctimonious person receiving his comeuppance. If judged on hypocrisy alone, Freeze would be the kind of five-star recruit that'd get Ole Miss in trouble.

After Saturday, I'd settle for just not giving up TD's and blocks at this point
    The poster formerly known as: dawgebag

The cupboard is bare. We have 2 SEC caliber players and one is the punter!!
    There's more HATE on here than the Alfabet News!

Quote Originally Posted by archdog View Post
    I am ready for a press conference where he goes atleast the entire press conference actually delivering a review of the 17n game.

Show some fire. Talk about the shit tackling, the lack of attack on defense, the shit play on special teams, the lack of blocking on the OL, the pace of play, the playcalling, the lack of discipline by our players, and the stupid ass throwing punches and shit after the play.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by tbaydog View Post
    The cupboard is bare. We have 2 SEC caliber players and one is the punter!!
    I donít buy that, at least not for this loss to Kansas State. That loss is squarely on the coaching and lack of adjustments. Once we play Bama and LSU, you can blame those losses on the talent difference. But I donít believe Kansas state is more talented than us. Kansas State does have better coaching. Kansas state has a coaching staff that is able to adapt a game plan to the talent on the roster. Our coaching staff has not figured that out yet.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

He talks a good talk, that's for sure. I'm hoping it translates into on the field success at some point. 18 months ago I had all the confidence in the world that he'd be a good coach just from hearing him talk. But I just haven't seen much on the field that has impressed me.

Hate that Stevens has gotten hurt because I thought that would be the litmus test for Moorhead. If he's going to bring this guy in and name him starting QB over KT, he better be able to show us something we didn't see last season. Unfortunately it's going to be impossible to judge the development of this offense with a true freshman at QB.

I will now refer to him as "Coach Cliche".

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post