Unpopular Opinion...

If TS can't play or even if he is questionable then Keytaon should start at QB. He gives us our best chance to win even if JoMo has to tweak his system a bit. He probably would of got the 1st down, where Schrader almost got himself killed. Right now I think my biggest frustration (and a lot of fans) with JoMo is that he would rather loose running his offense instead tweaking things a bit and giving us a better chance to win.

0 out of 11 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

KT has no desire to play. Heís saving this year and heís had some injuries.

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDawg View Post
    If TS can't play or even if he is questionable then Keytaon should start at QB. He gives us our best chance to win even if JoMo has to tweak his system a bit. He probably would of got the 1st down, where Schrader almost got himself killed. Right now I think my biggest frustration (and a lot of fans) with JoMo is that he would rather loose running his offense instead tweaking things a bit and giving us a better chance to win.
    Look man, this is how it is, it's not complicated. In the absence of Tommy TD, Shrader is going to play for either 4 games, and after that, the coaches will make a decision as to whether or not he can handle the starting job or not. If they think he can, he'll keep playing and lose his redshirt. If they think he can't, they'll play Keytaon for 4 games. By then, we all hope TT is back. That's best case scenario.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

You're entitled to your own opinion, but I would be floored if KT starts another game for us. He may not even touch the field this year. There are a lot of moving parts behind the scenes going on with KT, and I assure you it's not because Moorhead hates the kid like some would suggest.

I do think it's funny that you say KT would've gotten the first down on that run as if Shrader didn't make an incredibly athletic and ballsy play just to get as far as he did. The kid was like 6-7 yards away from the first down marker when he left his feet and landed just a yard short of it. If KT could've done something different on that play to get the yardage I would love to hear what you think it is.

Also, as an aside, I generally don't agree with the whole "coaches would rather lose their way than win someone else's way" school of thought. And I really don't think it applies to the K-State game. The two fourth quarter drives that have been criticized ad nauseum were failures because Zuber dropped a pass that would've been a 15-20 yard gain and Shrader missed Thomas on an open five yard slant route. Those are plays we made earlier in the game and in the last two weeks, we didn't make them in the 4th quarter on Saturday and all of the sudden it's because the playcalling is terrible. Zuber has to make that easy catch, Shrader has to make that easy throw, otherwise it doesn't matter what play you call. But even if you want to criticize Moorhead for playcalling on those two sequences, I would say he deserves credit for us coming out and running the ball on the next drive and that getting us 50 yards down the field pretty quick. Then a rush for a loss and a false start put us in a real bind. Again, don't really see that as a sign of terrible playcalling.

8 out of 8 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Correct. This is an unpopular opinion.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

I suspect he has a weed suspension. Watch him be available after KY.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Twitter
    @fishwater99
    [QUOTE=ColoradoDawg;1662764]If TS can't play or even if he is questionable then Keytaon should start at QB. He gives us our best chance to win even if JoMo has to tweak his system a bit. He probably would of got the 1st down, where Schrader almost got himself killed. Right now I think my biggest frustration (and a lot of fans) with JoMo is that he would rather loose running his offense instead tweaking things a bit and giving us a better chance to win.[/QUOTE]

Mullen did the same thing with Tyler as our QB. It's amazing how these offensive geniuses can't adapt much if any.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Maybe unpopular, but anyone telling you thatís itís flat out wrong is just being hard headed. Look, I love Shraderís heart and heís obviously the future, but his numbers have not been great, and heís made multiple head scratching decisions in two games. In short, heís looked like a true freshman, and the schedule is only gonna get tougher

Now, with KT having 1.9 feet out the door, it probably makes more sense to get Shrader or even Mayden some snaps this year to prep for the future. That said, if youíre just asking who gives us the best chance to win today outside of TS, itís KT for me

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Ding**

nm
    I don't always drink but when I do I become a message board genius**

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by tenureplan View Post
    Moultrie knee? Moultrie Shoulder? or Moultrie Upper Body?

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

If true and I realize itís just speculation, I have increased respect for Joe for not playing him. That is not what we need at the QB position or as captain of this team

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Seinfeld View Post
    Maybe unpopular, but anyone telling you thatís itís flat out wrong is just being hard headed. Look, I love Shraderís heart and heís obviously the future, but his numbers have not been great, and heís made multiple head scratching decisions in two games. In short, heís looked like a true freshman, and the schedule is only gonna get tougher

Now, with KT having 1.9 feet out the door, it probably makes more sense to get Shrader or even Mayden some snaps this year to prep for the future. That said, if youíre just asking who gives us the best chance to win today outside of TS, itís KT for me
    Agree with this. Love GS and think heís going to be a great QB for us. Tons of poise for a true freshman. I just believe KT gives us a better chance right now. That is not a knock to GS, it just means heís a freshman.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Unpopular, but I agree that Thompson should probably start if Stevens can't go. Don't see any way he would have gotten that first down though.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Assuming healthy KT who wants to play, Joe agrees, etc., how does a team react to a leader who tried to walk away? I mean he isn't the only second string guy on the team, but the rest of them are there sticking it out and competing...

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

There was a time in my life I would have agreed with you... but my attitude has changed a lot in the last 30 years.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

I think if KT was named started in August, he would give us similar results as Fitz. I agree he could be the best option if TS can't play but I have no clue what's been going on behind the scenes - has he been preparing the same as if he'd been named starter? Where is he at mentally and physically?

If he hasn't been 100% focused on getting ready to play since he came back, then he's probably not any better than GS at this point.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

I think you're making WAY too much of the transfer thing. From what I can tell, he's well liked by the team and I'm sure everyone understood why he looked into transferring. And it's not like he missed summer camp, he missed just over a week of practice and then was back. I don't think this would be an issue at all.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by tenureplan View Post
    If KT was suspended, what is your opinion as to why his suspension from the games hasn't been announced before the games the same as all the other players who have been suspended?

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Since he left the team, he wasn't technically in the 2-deep, thus didn't have to be explained. I'm teaching coachspeak 2.0 next semester, beware of my tutor tho.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

There is no ďtweaking of the systemĒ
    But seriously. KT is just chilling until he transfers to Austin Peay.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

My guess is Shrader will get 4 games, Mayden will get 4 games, and KT will get 4 games and all will keep their redshirt unless Tommy is done for the season. I feel Shrader burns his redshirt over KT burning his. I think Mayden has already red shirted.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Doesnít Like Tennessee
    He doesnít lose his redshirt. He just wouldnít be able to use it in 2019.

See: Thompson, Keytaon.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No