Good. What a complete POS.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

More rape allegations Iím guessing?

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    Complete reform

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

I wouldn't have any problems if he has been convicted, but penalizing somebody on the basis of allegations isn't right. Don't get me wrong, I also think he is a POS, but taking away his means of making money based on allegations bothers me. Whatever happened to the old principle of "Innocent until proven guilty?"

1 out of 7 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    He sent an intimidating text with pictures of her kids to the woman in the SI article.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/09/19/an...-text-messages

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Best news of the day.

asdf.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

He doesn’t have to be convicted. Nobody took away his means of making money. He got fired from a job because he’s a shitty person. ....It happens all the time.

The gubment ain’t depriving him of liberty.
    Last edited by Xenomorph; 09-20-2019 at 03:48 PM.

8 out of 8 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDawg View Post
    I wouldn't have any problems if he has been convicted, but penalizing somebody on the basis of allegations isn't right. Don't get me wrong, I also think he is a POS, but taking away his means of making money based on allegations bothers me. Whatever happened to the old principle of "Innocent until proven guilty?"
    People lose their jobs all the time over stupid tweets. He's at least guilty of that.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Was hoping this would happen when I was facing him.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

I agree it happens, but everywhere I've ever worked the person who does the firing better have his facts in hand and his ducks in a row, because, in absence of a conviction or LOTS of hard evidence he's probably going to get sued. What if your secretary/co-worker/underling/whatever just accused you of something, would it be ok for your company to fire you?

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

I missed the part where he isnít allowed to go lay sod tomorrow.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

If I sent a stupid a$$ text to her, absolutely

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

They probably released him because he is a constant distraction to the team. Always a lot of drama. It probably had nothing to do with the allegations.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Not in my yard.

DAMN, my 12,000th post, I need a vacation.
    Saw this after the fact.
    Last edited by karlchilders; 09-20-2019 at 06:12 PM.
    Jack may be gone, but he is "EVER PRESENT"

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Rosenhaus says AB is looking fwd to his next opportunity in the NFL

Your last stop in the NFL is the Browns, so I hope he's planning on signing with them for another pay cut.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

He wasn't convicted in court- he was released from his job.
    Completely different set of standards.

Criminal and civil courts have different standards, and those are both courts, so yeah its completely fair to be able to release someone from a work contract if they violate whatever is in the work contract.
    And this is the NFL, so there is something in the contract about 'being a good person's or whatever wording is used. It allows the team to then release a player for doing any number of stupid things that doesnt portray the team or NFL in a positive light.

0 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

This is all new info that the Pats didn't have when they signed him and this will all fall under conduct detrimental to the team. They have nothing to worry about.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

awaiting the battle cry, Racism!
    There's more HATE on here than the Alfabet News!

6 out of 9 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

So you guys that work for somebody,

become a daily high profile distraction, and see how long you hang around.(or get hired)

Several NFL people along that line.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

I'm sure Nike will sign him to a large contract.

4 out of 7 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

This some ESPN/Gruden/Sports Illustrated gangsta shit to force the Pats to release him.

1 out of 3 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

I figured Board Member, along with Kap

but they just dumped him. (Brown)
    Last edited by karlchilders; 09-20-2019 at 05:58 PM.

2 out of 4 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Sienfield View Post
    I'm sure Nike will sign him to a large contract.
    Nike cut ties with him three days ago. Maybe Wal-Mart or Chik Fil-a will though.

0 out of 5 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

My opponent in fantasyís this week is starting AB. This pleases me.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

ďBeen divorced seven times? Hell, it could be you.Ē

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

In before the loch ness monster

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

You prolly oughta get on the horn with your boy kapernick, and his mentally disturbed gf. We need their advice pronto.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

So what happens to that $10M guarantee? Do the Patriots just have to eat that? $10 million per game has to be the biggest payday in NFL history.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Good question. The Raiders got out of theirs because of conduct detrimental, due to him missing practice time, the GM run in, etc. will be interested to see how that goes.

the Steelers are just kicked back loving this.
    SixPack's Amateur - Professional Golf Analyst

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by 11thEagleFan View Post
    So what happens to that $10M guarantee? Do the Patriots just have to eat that? $10 million per game has to be the biggest payday in NFL history.

You think AB is going to get the best of Belichick? AB got one game check for $158,333 and was cut before the 1st payment of the guaranteed money was earned next Monday. Belichick wanted to take AB for a 10 day test drive before buying him for the whole season.

The Patriots had agreed to pay Brown a $9 million signing bonus, which was divided into two parts -- $5 million that was due to be paid Sept. 23 (Monday) and $4 million that wasn't due to be paid until Jan. 15

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

They didn't cut him because of the allegations. They played him after the first allegation came out. They cut him because they've seen enough evidence that they believe at least some of the allegations are true. His NFL career is over. He needs to be in jail.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

It exists in courts of law. It does not exist in private industry.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

I can't wait for the next tweets. You know the train wreck can't help himself.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

I agree it happens, but everywhere I've ever worked the person who does the firing better have his facts in hand and his ducks in a row, because, in absence of a conviction or LOTS of hard evidence he's probably going to get sued. What if your secretary/co-worker/underling/whatever just accused you of something, would it be ok for your company to fire you?
    In Mississippi? And most neighboring states? No contract? You can fire someone because you feel like it. Sue away, unless it was an EEOC discrimination situation, you're shit out of luck.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Heard he farted on Belichick.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

I know itís a pretty easy swipe for the #boycotters, but you know that Nike dropped before the Pats did right?

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Yeah, Pats paid him a million bucks to stop by, show his true colors, and send his ass on his way to Dancing with the Stars, and the media forced it all.
    I wish some militant racist black panther gang would treat me with such disdain.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by dorndawg View Post
    In Mississippi? And most neighboring states? No contract? You can fire someone because you feel like it. Sue away, unless it was an EEOC discrimination situation, you're shit out of luck.
    NC is also a "fire at employer's discretion" state. Unless the employee can prove some sort of discrimination, they're just fired.
    Mississippi State 1992, Wake Forest 1994

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No