Anyone else heard that Stevens is out tomorrow?

Read it on two websites and twitter from fans but haven't seen it anywhere official?

True or gamesmanship?

Chef Pruitt | Coach Pruitt Yes | No

From Saturday Down South:

"...Coach Moorhead has noted that Stevens is further along this week than he was at this point last week, which is something Stevens agrees with.ďYeah, I would say thatís probably fair,Ē Stevens answered. ďI donít know Ė itís kinda hard to think about as far as where I was last week, itís a whole new week. Yeah, Iíd say itís fair, I think I feel better...."

"I think I feel better"?

He's probably not playing.
    The game is always bigger than us, and it's always teaching us.

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak
    Allegedly Matt Stinchcomb reported that he likely wonít play.

In that event, should we assume that Garrett will play a complete game, or might Mr. Thompson be summoned to the field?
    The game is always bigger than us, and it's always teaching us.

Iíll be very surprised if Thompson plays. I imagine it will be Mayden backing up Shrader

Quote Originally Posted by dawgstudent View Post
    Allegedly Matt Stinchcomb reported that he likely wonít play.
    If that is true, then we are playing for next season.

I've assumed if they didn't come out sometime this week and say he's starting, he's probably not going to play.

It's incredible how stuff like this works out. If Stevens was a critical transfer QB for, say, Bama, he'd be bulletproof and in the running for Heisman. But no....at State, one of the very last things that needs to happen, happens. It's just funny how Karma works in the college football world. We can't have $#!t, it's always something.

Yes, I feel better after that. Damn it's frustrating.

7 out of 8 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by BossDawg78 View Post
    It's incredible how stuff like this works out. If Stevens was a critical transfer QB for, say, Bama, he'd be bulletproof and in the running for Heisman. But no....at State, one of the very last things that needs to happen, happens. It's just funny how Karma works in the college football world. We can't have $#!t, it's always something.

Yes, I feel better after that. Damn it's frustrating.
    Iím not a Doctor but the hit he took didnít look all that bad. Heís obviously not 100% but imo if he can play he needs to be out there. A bumped up Tommy Stevens > shrader. He needs to decided if heís injured or if heís hurt. Thereís a big difference.

1 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by RPOdawg View Post
    Iím not a Doctor but the hit he took didnít look all that bad. Heís obviously not 100% but imo if he can play he needs to be out there. A bumped up Tommy Stevens > shrader. He needs to decided if heís injured or if heís hurt. Thereís a big difference.
    Donít think itís fair to assume that Tommy is the one making this decision. And he tried to play through it last week so itís not like heís just telling the coaches heís too hurt to play. Shoulders are tricky, especially when youíre dealing with QBís. Itís almost like a pitcher in baseball with an injury, it doesnít take much to throw them off and impair their accuracy or throw power. If heís still in a similar spot to where he was in the second half on Saturday then heís not going to be able to help us much.

I swear some people would rather us play him banged up and him throw five interceptions just to show heís tough than sit him out if heís banged up enough to where it might hurt his long term health and also our chances of winning.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Yeah. The guy played through an injury last season at Penn St. and played with one for 2+ quarters last Saturday. I think it's pretty safe to say that he's going to be out there if at all possible.

It's Emstate for a reason

Less likely luck or karma and more likely we were the only program dumb enough to roll out the red carpet for a QB with a gimpy shoulder.

Exactly ... let's play a QB with a throwing shoulder injury because that's 17in' genius.

We all saw what the offense looked like last year without a QB capable of making passes.
    Hail State, Braves, Panthers, Liverpool

2 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaDawg View Post
    Exactly ... let's play a QB with a throwing shoulder injury because that's 17in' genius.

We all saw what the offense looked like last year without a QB capable of making passes.
    We also saw what it looked like with a true freshman QB last week. Bad.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

He had his moments tho. If he indeed plays most of the game today, I just hope we see some improvement. I have a hard time seeing a win today tho.

Quote Originally Posted by MSUDC11 View Post
    Donít think itís fair to assume that Tommy is the one making this decision. And he tried to play through it last week so itís not like heís just telling the coaches heís too hurt to play. Shoulders are tricky, especially when youíre dealing with QBís. Itís almost like a pitcher in baseball with an injury, it doesnít take much to throw them off and impair their accuracy or throw power. If heís still in a similar spot to where he was in the second half on Saturday then heís not going to be able to help us much.

I swear some people would rather us play him banged up and him throw five interceptions just to show heís tough than sit him out if heís banged up enough to where it might hurt his long term health and also our chances of winning.
    Great post. This has nothing to do with "deciding to play" or toughness. If it was his left shoulder we probably wouldn't even know he was hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by RPOdawg View Post
    We also saw what it looked like with a true freshman QB last week. Bad.

The QB wasn't our problem last week. The OL was spotty at best and we only had one WR that could catch the ball instead of tipping it to the other team for an interception.

We have one hope today if it's Schrader, KY's secondary is awful, really awful, so Osirus won't have as much trouble getting open on every passing play.

I think Hill runs over them as well. It's all a matter how the defense plays.