MSU vs UK Football Wikipedia

Today, someone deleted Wikipedia’s “Mississippi State vs Kentucky Football Rivalry” article.

Odd timing
    Not every Democrat was a Rebel, but every Rebel was a Democrat.
    -RBH, 1876

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

There is no rivalry between a hammer and a nail.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Rivalry?

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

I dunno man. I know we have had the upper hand lately but the record is really damn close for both teams.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    I dunno man. I know we have had the upper hand lately but the record is really damn close for both teams.
    Winsipedia has State up with 24 wins and KY with 23 wins in the rivalry. Over the last 10 years State is 8-2

http://www.winsipedia.com/mississippi-state/vs/kentucky

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by HotMop View Post
    Rivalry?
    I've never thought of UK being a rivalry game, at least no more than any other SEC game.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

they're the constant sec east opponent but far from a rivalry. OTOH would say that Flarida and lsu is a rivalry since they're name brands...at least florida is more of a name than lsu but some might say it's controverial

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

I'm not sure why some of you are afraid of having a rivalry with Kentucky.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

I've never thought of KY as a rival, not even close, but I can't stand those 17ers as far as football is concerned. I'm really not sure where this contempt for them came from, but it's there.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

There are hundreds of Team A vs Team B articles in Wikipedia.

The point was that it’s been there for years, and a (presumably) a UK fan went and deleted it today.

I would hope a computer savvy MSU fan might get it back up.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

I’m not sure “afraid” is the best choice of words.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Football I could not care less about them. Basketball.... I FN hate them. I root for whomever they play in basketball. Duke... Russia.... doesn’t matter.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

If we play them every year and you can't stand them, it's a rivalry. I can't stand them either.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I've never thought of UK being a rivalry game, at least no more than any other SEC game.
    They are sort of a rivalry to me. Basically first after the secW teams. More so now after us screwing the pooch versus them in 2016 and 2018.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    They have been one of our cross division rivals since the first expansion in 1992. We even lost to them when we won the West in 98.

I dont get excited about playing them, but I think both fan bases view this game as one you have to win if you're going to have a successful season.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

How we look at Kentucky is how Auburn looks at us.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

except auburn has more than a 1 game lead in the all-time series.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

I definitely consider them a rival.
    Since the start of the Mullen era it's been one-sided. Prior to that the series was 10-9 since we started playing every year in 1990.
    It's very important that we maintain a leg up on them.
    ...Ole Miss fans do not believe in Jesus.
    Dawgstudent, 12-12-13

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No