Strength and Conditioning Program..

I have seen several former players calling out our Strength and Conditioning program on Twitter.....a lot of the missed tackles yesterday looked to be a result of it.... hopefully we make an upgrade in the off-season... the guy we have now, Mullen didnít offer him a job when he took everyone else on the Strength and Conditioning staff to Florida with him....

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Surprising you didn't find a way to put that on Cohen. Also surprising that I agree with you.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    I have seen several former players calling out our Strength and Conditioning program on Twitter.....a lot of the missed tackles yesterday looked to be a result of it.... hopefully we make an upgrade in the off-season... the guy we have now, Mullen didnít offer him a job when he took everyone else on the Strength and Conditioning staff to Florida with him....
    Bichey never once coached with Mullen. He was an assistant at Arkansas for five years before Moorhead and Piroli brought him to Starkville before last season. Iím not necessarily disagreeing that our S&C may have slipped, but letís not use false information to form conclusions about this guy.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Tackling is a contact drill issue. Teams are moving away from contact and what we saw yesterday was a result. To your larger point, Iím very disappointed in our S&C. Itís been a recurring issue since Balis left.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Iím not saying that there arenít problems with the S&C program, but I really donít think we have even remotely enough information to know that. What are you guys suggesting is different about our program compared to anyone elseís?

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by MSUDC11 View Post
    Bichey never once coached with Mullen. He was an assistant at Arkansas for five years before Moorhead and Piroli brought him to Starkville before last season. Iím not necessarily disagreeing that our S&C may have slipped, but letís not use false information to form conclusions about this guy.
    I can assure you it ain't false. 17 that guy.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

it's a hugely important position. the S&C spends more time with the players than the coaches do-especially in the offseason. Also, to be the head S&C at an SEC school is an elite job in the industry. If I was the HC, I would want a guy with experience in that role.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Shamoan View Post
    Tackling is a contact drill issue. Teams are moving away from contact and what we saw yesterday was a result.
    ^^^^^^this. Contact is being limited at levels, very few living tackling drills and the whistle is quick. I believe this hurts 3 star athletes more than the 5 stars who have more strength, speed and quickness.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

I agree with that to an extent, but our one year with Grantham calls that theory into question. Sirmon's defense couldn't tackle anyone, while Grantham's defense tackled extremely well. I think getting players into the right position is a big part of tackling. If you are too far away from the ball carrier, then its an arm tackle. That involved a lot of mental preparation and not just contact drills.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No