Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Doesnít Like Tennessee

Bo Nix was 12-20 for 100 yards against TAMU with a QBR of 40.1

Their leading rusher had 67 yards.

Out of 12 drives they went 3-and-out 6 times and fumbled once.

They had one drive that went longer than 6 plays.

Remind me why theyíre so great? Auburn and Florida are grossly overrated.
    Last edited by Bulldogg31; 09-22-2019 at 03:47 PM.

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Hey man, be optimistic if you want, Iím all for it. Iíve just seen this story play out too many times to think we will win at Auburn.

The only time Iíve ever felt good about a road game over there was 2015, when they were struggling and we had Dak ie a huge advantage.

4 out of 5 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Doesnít Like Tennessee
    No I get it, winning at Auburn isnít something easy to do, I just donít get the love for this Nix kid and what is supposedly a Top 10 team.

History says we wonít win over there but I donít see where people think they are some juggernaut.

Theyíve looked really really ok.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogg31 View Post

Havenít looked at that game to see how Auburn scores those points so with these stats you are showing, how did they manage to score?

Okay. I looked. 106 total yards passing, 195 yards rushing. There was a 57 yard run by a receiver, I assume on a speed sweep, which should work very well against our 2 linebacker set.
    Last edited by bruiser; 09-22-2019 at 04:30 PM.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

....., I just donít get the love for this Nix kid ......
    Interesting fun fact- did you know Bo Nix's dad played for Auburn too?

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Doesnít Like Tennessee
    Trick plays.

WR Schwartz went 57 yards untouched on a WR reverse on a 2nd and 3 in the 1st Q. TAMU never even looked at him.

RB Gatewood threw a TD on a halfback pass in the 1Q. From the 7-yard line no less and all 4 TAMU defenders bit on the run.

Bo Nix completed exactly ZERO passes beyond 10 yards downfield.

ZERO.
    Last edited by Bulldogg31; 09-22-2019 at 06:18 PM.

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Their defense is what's going to be the challenge and will we be able to hold them rushing the ball. We're going to see a ton of handoffs up the middle and tons of misdirection. We've been gashed repeatedly and haven't be the most disciplined on defense this year granted it's mostly in blown coverage.

I'm optimistic. I say we have a 35% chance to win. Low scoring would favor us. If we win, it'll likely be a 20-17 or 17-14 type game imo.
    Last edited by TheStateUofMS; 09-22-2019 at 04:58 PM.
    MSU Class of 2011

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

They have quality wins on a neutral (Oregon) and away site (TAMU). They're probably ranked right where they should be. If we can make Bo Nix beat us, we'll have a good chance. He's at home though.

Tommy Stevens being healthy would be huge imo. Shrader is certainly capable of getting the road W, but I think Stevens is really good when healthy.
    MSU Class of 2011

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Doesnít Like Tennessee
    By the end of the season those two wins wonít be very impressive.

Oregon had their hands full yesterday with a bad Stanford team that got boat raced by UCF last week.

TAMU is not a very good football team either.

Those wins are just ok.
    Last edited by Bulldogg31; 09-22-2019 at 06:19 PM.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

After the game Malzahn talked about Nix as if he's the greatest thing since mom's apple pie.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Malzahn may very well have a good one with Nix, but Malzahn can neither evaluate, nor develop quarterbacks.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

I damn sure wouldn't trade the Beard for him but since his daddy played at Auburn and he plays at Auburn he must be the greatest freshman quarterback ever

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

With your making such a strong case that Auburn sucks, are you going to slow up on the sunshine if we lose ?

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Doesnít Like Tennessee
    Is that a request?

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

aTm held Clemson to their lowest total offense total since 2017. Despite already playing Clemson and auburn, aTm's defense is 18th nationally. I wouldn't get my hopes up on beating aTm or auburn if I were you

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Theyíve looked really really ok.
    I smell an AT&T commercial.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Expect a lot of speed sweeps and reverses. Thatís how they moved and scored on aTm and given what I have seen of our defense, it will be very successful.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Kramer Robertsonís mom has told me that before

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Would you play the tutor boys?

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Shamoan View Post
    Expect a lot of speed sweeps and reverses. Thatís how they moved and scored on aTm and given what I have seen of our defense, it will be very successful.
    Which makes Willie Gay even more important.

Pretty sure he is not suspended first half vs Auburn.
    MSU Class of 2011

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by vandaldawg View Post
    Malzahn may very well have a good one with Nix, but Malzahn can neither evaluate, nor develop quarterbacks.
    Correct, Malzahn's offense doesn not work if he does not have a running QB running his system. Stidham is a serviceable NFL backup right now and wasn't that great at Auburn due to his lack of mobility.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Diggin Out Yo Wife View Post
    Hey man, be optimistic if you want, Iím all for it. Iíve just seen this story play out too many times to think we will win at Auburn.

The only time Iíve ever felt good about a road game over there was 2015, when they were struggling and we had Dak ie a huge advantage.
    We played decent over there in 11 and 13 as well. I have a feeling that we are going to scare the shit out of Auburn and lose on some insanely bad call or unlucky break.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by campshelbydog842003 View Post
    We played decent over there in 11 and 13 as well. I have a feeling that we are going to scare the shit out of Auburn and lose on some insanely bad call or unlucky break.
    At first I thought the same but I think this game will be more like 2009 or 2017. I think they out-talent us. They will be fired up and the crowd will be engaged. Again, I think we're going to have to get all the breaks plus a huge game from Stevens/Shrader to even get to that 11/13 level where it's a coin flip. That huge game seems more likely from Stevens, for obvious reasons.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Diggin Out Yo Wife View Post
    At first I thought the same but I think this game will be more like 2009 or 2017. I think they out-talent us. They will be fired up and the crowd will be engaged. Again, I think we're going to have to get all the breaks plus a huge game from Stevens/Shrader to even get to that 11/13 level where it's a coin flip. That huge game seems more likely from Stevens, for obvious reasons.
    Iím still not on the Auburn bandwagon. They struggled and have looked really bad on offense against basically everyone. I am not chalking this up to an automatic loss, but I do expect Auburn to pull it out in typical Auburn fashion at home.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Remind me why they’re so great? Auburn and Florida are grossly overrated.
    Auburn may be overrated, but they havent done anything to warrant dropping in the rankings. They beat Oregon on a neutral site and went to College Station and beat TAM.
    How they beat TAM isnt really the most important thing since in they end they wont. Whether their QB slung the ball around the field or not- they went to a ranked team's stadium and won.

Getting it done is sometimes more important than how it gets done.

1 out of 6 sixpackers like this post
    Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

What games should our penalty collecting, best by far, linebacker play in? He's only got three left.

I'm thinking aTm, Arkansas, Mississippi.
    Maybe aTm, AU, Mississipi

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Auburn reminds me of LSU in 2014.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Tennessee, Mississippi and A&M. Arkansas should be a win without him, Tennessee should be a win but it's one we could possibly screw up and lose if we sit him, so it comes down to whether we have a better chance to win at A&M or at Auburn with him.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

I would feel much better if we could stop the run and force Nix to air it out.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

The best thing we may have going for us against AU is our place on their schedule. Going into A&M and winning burned a lot emotions and they have Fl next week. Just remember what the "Kang" always said about how many times you can get your team "up" in a season. I still wouldn't bet on us but we could catch them kinda flat.
    Last edited by thatsbaseball; 09-23-2019 at 11:31 AM.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Donít need him against Tennessee. Iíd play him at Auburn at TexasAM and then let him beat OMiss one mo time.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

I would feel better if we had a D built to disrupt...

...but the reality is this year, we are more bend-don't-break. We don't get great pressure to prompt mistakes and are weak against the run, which they will certainly exploit. So Auburn is likely to score points. Call it 21 - 28 range.

Can our offense be dynamic enough to score more against their very strong defense? Possibly, but it's not something you can just expected. And it will absolutely require Stevens playing the entire game at full speed.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

It's on the road and we've already lost a game we "should" have won without him. Don't need to make that mistake again.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

I wish Auburn would have the same game as they did against Tulane.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Doesnít Like Tennessee
    In reality they should be 3-1 with a loss to Oregon if that DB doesnít just completely go to sleep at the end.

Oregon put up the same 21 points on Auburn that they put up on Stanford last week. The same Stanford team that gave up 45 to both UCF and Nevada.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Auburn is one of THE programs in the SEC West

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

In reality they should be 3-1 with a loss to Oregon if that DB doesnít just completely go to sleep at the end.

Oregon put up the same 21 points on Auburn that they put up on Stanford last week. The same Stanford team that gave up 45 to both UCF and Nevada.
    Stanford hasn't played Nevada. Oregon did, 77-7 Oregon

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by patdog View Post
    It's on the road and we've already lost a game we "should" have won without him. Don't need to make that mistake again.
    What do you think the difference is between Tennessee and Arkansas? They are both on the road, both have 2nd year over-their-head coaches, and are both terrible with embarrassing losses to G5 schools. I see no logic in saying we can beat Arkansas without the suspendees, but Tennessee might sneak up on us. Either play them in both games, or don’t play them in either one and save them for Auburn / A&M.
    Last edited by Go Budaw; 09-24-2019 at 07:31 AM.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

FIFY

Deleted for a lack of context. Apologies sent.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by JourneyMan View Post
    Auburn reminds me of LSU in 2014.
    Auburn reminds me of Mississippi State in 2018.

Bayou | Buyout Yes | No