Wanna know the bottom line?

We were lucky to have Greg Byrne while we did. If you wanna make a difference, email
    Cohen and tell him to call Greg Byrne to
    Find out what to do.

3 out of 4 sixpackers like this post
    Chef Pruitt | Coach Pruitt Yes | No

I was about to say that would be a conflict of interest, but who am I 17ing kidding?

Iím afraid Cohen will call LT for advice instead.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

I hear that he blows Loafersí phone up pretty often unless Scott has put a stop to it.

Stricklin was lucky enough to find Mullen who turned out to be a good coach and now he just keeps rehiring him. He literally couldn't make a decent hire at Florida until he gave up and came back to Mullen because he knew Mullen wanted to leave. Stricklin was the same guy that hired Rick Ray lest we forget. For all the grief Cohen deserves for the Moorhead hire, when the hire was made it looked like a pretty dang good one.

4 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

Byrne hired Mullen at State.

7 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

Hot take:
    Alabama athletic program is garbage outside of football. At MSU, Greg Byrne made a great hire in Mullen; home run. Cohen was a great hire, but a no-brainer knowing Cohen would come home. Weíll see what Byrne does about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Ricigliano View Post
    LOL Stricklin was a pansy ass trader!!

I'll say this. I was shocked at how he pulled the trigger on Avery Johnson. No clue if this is going to work out or not, but I don't think many past Bama AD's would have made that move.

Quote Originally Posted by rcdawg08 View Post
    LOL Stricklin was a pansy ass trader!!
    I used to trade pansy asses. Got out while I still could.

9 out of 9 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Ricigliano View Post
    Good point. Schaefer may be the only good coaching hire Strick made at MSU (believe that was his). Howland was sort of forced on SS.

Quote Originally Posted by skydawg1 View Post
    I used to trade pansy asses. Got out while I still could.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by triton28 View Post
    We were lucky to have Greg Byrne while we did. If you wanna make a difference, email
    Cohen and tell him to call Greg Byrne to
    Find out what to do.
    Byrne's reply will be Rich Rod is no brainer**

5-7 million buys consistent 7-9 wins plus in the SEC West. Itís expensive as hell just ask AnM. That will get it done or else itís back to the basement apparently.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by RutherfordBHayes View Post
    Hot take:
    Alabama athletic program is garbage outside of football. At MSU, Greg Byrne made a great hire in Mullen; home run. Cohen was a great hire, but a no-brainer knowing Cohen would come home. We’ll see what Byrne does about it.
    Not disagreeing that Bama's other sports are not great, but given that fact they are seen as winners just because their football program is as good as it it. Back in the '80s and '90's they had some good basketball and baseball teams, but they are seen more positively now than if all other sports were wonderful. Football in the SEC drives the cart and MSU is about to go down in everything if the money dries up because of Football.

0 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by RutherfordBHayes View Post
    Hot take:
    Alabama athletic program is garbage outside of football. At MSU, Greg Byrne made a great hire in Mullen; home run. Cohen was a great hire, but a no-brainer knowing Cohen would come home. Weíll see what Byrne does about it.
    Letís be fair, Alabamaís athletic program isnít in a league with Stanford or Texas but theirís isnít garbage either. One of the top softball programs in the country, won NC in menís and womenís golf in the last few years, menís tennis is pretty good as is Menís swimming & diving and although theyíve fallen off in gymnastics, theyíre still one of the top programs in that sport was well.

Overall, Iíd say theyíre a pretty good athletic program.

Which sport is Alabama the best at? Which sport makes the most money at each school? Their athletic program is doing just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by InTheIttaBenaHotSun View Post
    Letís be fair, Alabamaís athletic program isnít in a league with Stanford or Texas but theirís isnít garbage either. One of the top softball programs in the country, won NC in menís and womenís golf in the last few years, menís tennis is pretty good as is Menís swimming & diving and although theyíve fallen off in gymnastics, theyíre still one of the top programs in that sport was well.

Overall, Iíd say theyíre a pretty good athletic program.
    Fair enough. But by ďathletic programĒ, I really meant basketball and baseball.