Red flag #1 for the 2019 football season.

A dude who was on the team for only two months was voted offensive team captain. You can say, "wow he really won over the team!" But my question is why were there no other obvious choices? I've seen Stevens on the sideline during games, and there's not much leadership-ing going on.

Maybe Shrader can grow into the role, but he right now he seem pretty laid back. Maybe that's good when you have other leaders on the team, but it seems like we've got nobody.

I dunno. What do y'all think?

Roll Tide What? | 17 You Yes | No

Not going to lie, I was suspicious when that was first announced. I played HS football like many on this board did and know that leaders are few. All of the team captains for my teams were proven and busted their asses in the weight room and practice for years. And I just found it so hard to believe Tommy was that much of a leader to have won the team over before he ever even practiced with them

I kind of agree but you also don't have to be a big "rah rah" guy to be a leader. Lots of people can lead by example and don't have to be a cheerleader
    The poster formerly known as: dawgebag

At this point, Iím not confident Moorhead is competent enough to rig the election, so the results must be legit. Maybe that says more about the rest of the locker room

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Think you guys are right on point. Says a lot about this team. Several guys have been on this team for 4 years and not captains. Obviously lacking leadership on this team. Coaching is big issue but coaches cant teach leadership. Either got or you dont. Character on this team is a huge flaw.

Quote Originally Posted by the peeper View Post
    I kind of agree but you also don't have to be a big "rah rah" guy to be a leader. Lots of people can lead by example and don't have to be a cheerleader
    True.

I was just struck by the thought when I saw Shrader on the sidelines, sitting on the bench looking like he was waiting for his GF to come out of H&M. Some dudes are just like that.

I always thought that vote was staged. Moorhead either lied about the results or he made sure the players knew who they were supposed to vote for.

Quote Originally Posted by patdog View Post
    I always thought that vote was staged. Moorhead either lied about the results or he made sure the players knew who they were supposed to vote for.
    agree

Clearly Moorhead elected him team captain and not the team.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

"coaches cant teach leadership". I agree that it can't be taught but it can be inspired through example. I don't claim to know the percentages but coaching is part teaching and part inspiring...Joe is about as inspirational as a wet fart.

Not sure what "inspired" leadership looks like

Every "leader" at some point was inspired by another leader's words and actions.